Leica Q Type 116 - fixed lens 1.7/28 and full frame camera!

Just got a Ona Prince Street as my everyday bag and also as camera bag for leica q :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Congrats! mine is a Brixton brown leather because I need to insert a 14'' laptop usually.

Just got a Ona Prince Street as my everyday bag and also as camera bag for leica q :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hey Coolhirako, where did you get the black logo? Looks sweet.

A old timer friend of mine told me: "When I started photography, friends encouraged me to buy Leica as their value only appreciate over time. Years later I realized: bullshit."

Actually when people said the price of Leica will appreciate over the years, I think only mechanical special edition camera and their lenses will fare better. Digital cameras are hard to appreciate over the years cos technology get better so....

It all depends on what kind of Leica items gets better prices in the future. Example - A 35mm F2.4 lens will not be getting better prices but a 35mm F1.4 ASPH maybe.

And if you compare Japanese cameras with Leica, the Leica resale value will be much much higher then Japanese items.

Hey Coolhirako, where did you get the black logo? Looks sweet.

You can search the Ebay for the black logo. Its a sticker to cover the red dot which I find it too outstanding. It costs about US$20/- for a piece of black logo.

You are pretty right there. The price may appreciate after all special edition are fully sold, and in collector condition. Plus, you need that collectors market to begin with. The digital batch are tricky. If you watch the auctions, returns are only observed for vintage models.
The rest of the camera and lenses are going to depreciate. Especially entry level items. Despite leica increasing the prices slowly over the years.
An entry 35mm summicron asph can be sold in the used market 7 years ago at 3000sgd. However if you try that prices today, you won't get any response.
Certain m lenses are losing their value due to the emergence of the m9. With digital sharpness is presented differently, and some lenses you paid a large amount for no longer keeps up looks awful with digital. Like the 50 lux pre-asph for example. The value may not depreciate much, but the buyers market certainly have.
Use leica like a tool and enjoy it as a tool, you may probably feel better imo.

Post in response to Mr Kaikeong.

Last edited:
You are pretty right there. The price may appreciate after all special edition are fully sold, and in collector condition. Plus, you need that collectors market to begin with. The digital batch are tricky. If you watch the auctions, returns are only observed for vintage models.
The rest of the camera and lenses are going to depreciate. Especially entry level items. Despite leica increasing the prices slowly over the years.
An entry 35mm summicron asph can be sold in the used market 7 years ago at 3000sgd. However if you try that prices today, you won't get any response.
Certain m lenses are losing their value due to the emergence of the m9. With digital sharpness is presented differently, and some lenses you paid a large amount for no longer keeps up looks awful with digital. Like the 50 lux pre-asph for example. The value may not depreciate much, but the buyers market certainly have.
Use leica like a tool and enjoy it as a tool, you may probably feel better imo.

Post in response to Mr Kaikeong.

There we go again, straying away from what the thread and section is about.

Hey Coolhirako and Anxin, many thanks for the sharing :thumbsup:

Wowsers, beautiful images, loved every one.
While I suspect the camera did indeed play a part, I reckon you could shoot similar with an aging Box Brownie, you have a good eye.
Gary

Just came back from Central Japan recently. It's a joy to shoot with the Q. Here are some of my favourite photos (best view from a big screen computer):

https://jefftan.exposure.co/central-japan

Great photos! The colors look really vivid, impressive dynamic range too.

Wowsers, beautiful images, loved every one.
While I suspect the camera did indeed play a part, I reckon you could shoot similar with an aging Box Brownie, you have a good eye.
Gary

Thanks guys. :)

Any one using the Leica leather day bag for the Q?

Any one using the Leica leather day bag for the Q?

I doubt many people will use it cos you need to remove the hood from the Q to fit into the day bag.