Leica no more under Schmidt soon?

astroboy888

Jul 24, 2010
East Coast Road.
Anyone heard about this? One of the local shop staff told me that Leica Sg will take the agency and Schmidt will no longer be the agent! Any truth to it!

Anyone heard about this? One of the local shop staff told me that Leica Sg will take the agency and Schmidt will no longer be the agent! Any truth to it!
you must be so traumatized that you posted it twice...

hopefully we got a tech in the local service center who can fix by himself instead of the standard reply - "we will send back to Germany".

not forgetting the longggggggggggggggggggg dreadful wait because "we haven't receive anything or any reply from Germany side yet, I am in the middle you know".

hopefully we got a tech in the local service center who can fix by himself instead of the standard reply - "we will send back to Germany".

not forgetting the longggggggggggggggggggg dreadful wait because "we haven't receive anything or any reply from Germany side yet, I am in the middle you know".

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Agreed! Its better for Leica to have their own technical service staff here considering that there's quit a number of Leica owners here....

Agreed! Its better for Leica to have their own technical service staff here considering that there's quit a number of Leica owners here....

The notion of them having their own local tech staff is remote...

The Germans are near religious about their belief in superior craftmanship.

I think they just shut down their service center in England which is one of their bigger markets and you want them to open one in Singapore which is one of their smaller markets?

The notion of them having their own local tech staff is remote...

The Germans are near religious about their belief in superior craftmanship.

lol! & Erhem "superior" electronics :D

zixaw said:
I think they just shut down their service center in England which is one of their bigger markets and you want them to open one in Singapore which is one of their smaller markets?

They really should consider opening one in Asia. Japan is one of their biggest market outside the EU. It would be nice to have a servicing hub with expertise to cater to the consumers in Japan/Korea/HK/SIN

hey :) actually you will be surprised about the number of leica owners in SG,HK and JP. The asian are obsessive. Im certain we are half or more than half the market size.

hey :) actually you will be surprised about the number of leica owners in SG,HK and JP. The asian are obsessive. Im certain we are half or more than half the market size.

cant speak for SG or JP but HK is woohoooo in terms of leica idolship

Hong Kong, Macau and China while also under Schmidt is considered a different market from Singapore. Japan is a different distributor altogether I think.

I think the other countries lumped together with Sg is Malaysia and Thailand. Together, do we have a big enough market to justify a full service center that will be able to fully service a lens/camera without sending it back to Solms?

Singapore is a tourist hub, I think tourist buying power is crazy...;p

Come to think of it...under Schmidt or not...doesn't matter...since Leica stock for Schmidt is always too limited.

It might be good if Leica take over the business themselves and able to provide more stock to their customers.

CJ > just so that ppl don't get the wrong idea, the guideline warning is for advertising in the signature, and nothing to do with the comments made.

Last edited:
On the contrary, for major servicing, I would insist that the lens/body be sent back to Germany. :cool:

esp for those wondering about servicing of your leica equipment, fyi pls.

I wonder if Leica is going to have their own sales (direct under Leica Germany) or just changing distributionship to another company in Singapore?

In Malaysia...it is the later case I believe...which is sad for Schmidt Malaysia...as they have been promoting Leica well in the country.

esp for those wondering about servicing of your leica equipment, fyi pls.

Oh no, just saw this one.

My M8.2 is still not back since September. Called yesterday and no confirmation can be given on when it will be back, only saving grace is that there is a shipment that came in , and hope that it is there.
:cry:

does it mean that the Raffles Hotel boutique will be gone soon, too ?