Leica no more under Schmidt soon?

Problems with my digital M are sticky shutter ( which I've lived with for the past few months) and also Alignment issues. Just got to a point that it was too much to accept.

Just feel blessed that fortunately I still have my film cameras to fall back on and my son's EP-2.

Could I know if you have to pay for the shipping charges? I'm assuming your M9 is still under local warranty.

Reason I ask is because I'm thinking of getting one from overseas like USA. Given the favourable exchange now the savings is quite a lot. Just that with the international warranty I probably need to pay for the shipping charges myself if ever I need to send it to solm.

Thanks!

Could I know if you have to pay for the shipping charges? I'm assuming your M9 is still under local warranty.

Reason I ask is because I'm thinking of getting one from overseas like USA. Given the favourable exchange now the savings is quite a lot. Just that with the international warranty I probably need to pay for the shipping charges myself if ever I need to send it to solm.

Thanks!

No, I did not have to pay for shipping.

Many thanks! I'll bear that in mind when I'm taking the plunge. Cheers.

Finally after what seems like an eternity my M9 is back from Germany. Time to charge the batteries and fire her up tomorrow. Let's hope that the camera will be trouble free from now on or there will be a M9 for sale on the forum soon.

Finally after what seems like an eternity my M9 is back from Germany. Time to charge the batteries and fire her up tomorrow. Let's hope that the camera will be trouble free from now on or there will be a M9 for sale on the forum soon.

Congrats at last!!!! Anything new on the topplate?

Thanks!

From what i understand is that all Leica products are under international warranty .
So if you have gotten it from USA, just remember to keep your sales invoice and the warranty card. I dropped my M9 which i bought from the US .. and the lady was very nice enough to remind me over the phone and via email to scan a copy of my warranty card and invoice . But till today i still didn't have the time to scan it to her :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Problem with my M9 was some banding in the picture -FYI i just got the M9 in January.
Sad that it is having problems now. I was told that it would take 1-2 months .. but i hope i could receive it back before JULY!! for my paris trip .. if not i probably have to buy another one ... :eek:

FYI : I was advised to send the unit directly to Leica Camera Singapore instead of Germany itself.. coz it would take even longer .. not sure if that is true ... :sweat::sweat:

:kok::kok:
lol .. you just got back your M9 .. and you are already selling it away ..
if you wanna sell .. must say that it is tip top condition mah ..
lol .. who sells a faulty M9 ??

Anyway .. please do keep us updated on your M9 , i'm so scared that
my M9 will not be what it is before... :nono::nono:

BTW how long did it take for it come back to you ?

Zoomp, no nothing on the top plate. will tell you the details in person....

AutoFocuz, I will only sell this present camera if another issue pops up or I will just stick with film. I have had problems with three out of four of my digital M's. Go figure.

The camera came back pretty sweet, meaning that everything works as it should now. I haven't really tested the camera yet though. At least the RF alignments seems really 'spot' on now with my 90mm. Pin sharp and shutter is smooth.

I would advise anyone sending their camera, lens in for any reason to check in with Leica Spore from time to time over the phone or directly. This is to ensure that they are on top of the progress of the repairs/servicing.

My camera was away for 2months.

Please do not take out your frustrations of the really helpful and pleasant Jacklyn (sorry if I spelt her name wrong). She really tried her best to help and is not responsible for the company's policies.

Plus point of the whole frustrating 'ordeal' is that Leica Singapore gave me another M9 so I now have two M9's. HOC and Chiff have seen the M9 ;). I will try and post a pic in the next few days of my free M9.

Last edited:

AutoFocuz, I will only sell this present camera if another issue pops up or I will just stick with film. I have had problems with three out of four of my digital M's. Go figure.

The camera came back pretty sweet, meaning that everything works as it should now. I haven't really tested the camera yet though. At least the RF alignments seems really 'spot' on now with my 90mm. Pin sharp and shutter is smooth.

I would advise anyone sending their camera, lens in for any reason to check in with Leica Spore from time to time over the phone or directly. This is to ensure that they are on top of the progress of the repairs/servicing.

Please do not take out your frustrations of the really helpful and pleasant Jacklyn (sorry if I spelt her name wrong). She really tried her best to help and is not responsible for the company's policies.

Plus point of the whole frustrating 'ordeal' is that Leica Singapore gave me another M9 so I now have two M9's. HOC and Chiff have seen the M9 ;). I will try and post a pic in the next few days of my free M9.

Free M9! You must kidding!!:eek:

You got a

Free of charge

M9....

The suffering was worth it. Dammit can you teach me how to spoil my M9 and get a free one oso hah. My M9 so far no problem lei.....

But hor..... U are right if u fiddle and fondle M2 M3 M4 beside an M9, you can easily see difference in build quality. Other M i havent check before

WHao so cool!! You got another M9 !! just because yours was sent away for 2 whole months ... Did they willingly gave it to you out of goodwill ?
hmm .. a Leica camera M9 is about 10.5K ... the company really got alot of money ... in that case .. if i need my camera back for some important events who should i look for?the technician ? or the lady you mentioned/. maybe she will even be so nice to exchange 1 for 1 :) it would make me a very happy customer that way .

I just saw your free M9 on FB, nice limited edition!...;)

Doesn't bother me who the agent is, so long as I am able to send my camera/lens to Leica Germany. Don't mind waiting for 6-12 months to get it fixed correctly.

Anyone heard about this? One of the local shop staff told me that Leica Sg will take the agency and Schmidt will no longer be the agent! Any truth to it!

Lucky you, now you got one more M9 to shoot with. I have just send my black M9 in to Leica SG because of SD card issue. Now shooting with my 2nd M9 but this one has a slight viewfinder alignment problem which I still can bear with. Hope this one does not give me more hiccup.

Lucky you, now you got one more M9 to shoot with. I have just send my black M9 in to Leica SG because of SD card issue. Now shooting with my 2nd M9 but this one has a slight viewfinder alignment problem which I still can bear with. Hope this one does not give me more hiccup.

That's exactly the problems I faced with both my M9's. 1st was SD card issue. 2nd was sticky shutter and alignment which got worse. Good luck with getting your cameras repaired.