Latest K-x Single/Dual Kit SG local store prices against USA online store prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.vpost.com.sg/vpostjapan05/intro4.html

Expect to pay SGD$40 or more. I would say $940 (kit) + $40 (vpost) + $70 gst, maybe $1050 if lucky. Only if you want the white, else amazon usa black kit cheaper

I think this pricing is also really great. The same dual kit in black cost me just $25 less from amazon, USA... that is assuming there won't be a slight increase in the FINAL shipping cost.

I think this pricing is also really great. The same dual kit in black cost me just $25 less from amazon, USA... that is assuming there won't be a slight increase in the FINAL shipping cost.

To clear off all doubts on shipping using vpost or borderlinx and also a mean of comparison between buying from Amazon US vs JPN. Here's the screenshot of my shipping cost. This is the CONFIRMED pricing:

screenshot20100106atpm1.png

Maybe someone can post the shipping cost for vpost.

I think the reason why the prices at Amazon seems so much more attractive is that the US have already started doing their price cuts. Originally the K-x kit 1 came out at US$649 (~S$905), but now it's gone down to $550 (~S$768). We haven't seen any price cuts here in Singapore yet, by right we should be seeing prices to go down to below $820 but that hasn't happened yet...

Singapore shops are brick n mortar retailers with higher overheads. Amazon is one of the world's biggest online retailers with lower overheads. Amazon's business model is to pass on the savings from their lower overheads on to consumers. Brick n mortar retailers will never ever be able to match the pricing of large online retailers.

The above is stated assuming Pentax is offering their K-x kits to both brick n mortar retailers as well as online retailers at the very same base price.

Additionally, size is might. Large online retailers may also flex their muscles and pressure manufacturers to lower the base price further slightly by placing much larger orders. This translates to either additional earnings for the online retailers OR savings for us consumers.

Last edited:
Hi guys, just to confirm with you that I've received my kx today. Ordered on the 27th December, got it at 11th Jan. So took roughly 2 weeks for the delivery.

Hi guys, just to confirm with you that I've received my kx today. Ordered on the 27th December, got it at 11th Jan. So took roughly 2 weeks for the delivery.

Congratulation for your new toy, you must be a happy camper now ;)

Thanks for sharing all the information here.

Congratulation for your new toy, you must be a happy camper now ;)

Thanks for sharing all the information here.

Yeah you bet I am :), now it's time for more practice to sharpen up my skills.

Congrats, mind to share some of your pictures?

Sorry for the long wait. Was tied up at work to shoot any nice photos.

Managed to shoot some after work today. Hope to hear some comments from the experts who can help hone my shooting skill.

Btw, I've done some PP on iPhoto for these shots.

4276952704_f108d69729_o.jpg

4276952224_f1383ae372_o.jpg

4276953052_9d47d1faf2_o.jpg

Last edited:
Heard the K-x local price is gonna go down quite a bit from the next week. Don't know how low yet, but probably will make you guys whole bought from US regret ;)

Heard the K-x local price is gonna go down quite a bit from the next week. Don't know how low yet, but probably will make you guys whole bought from US regret ;)
Ha. The k7 promotion must have impacted the sales of the kx.

Ha. The k7 promotion must have impacted the sales of the kx.

Or maybe Emjay is reading this thread too and realized they had better lower the price too... unless they do not mind Amazon, Ebay, etc. taking away their business in front of their eyes!! :D

Reminds me of this song, Bass...how low can you go...

I was waiting limited prices go down... :(

I was waiting limited prices go down... :(
Unlikely bah. The tactic this time round is like the way gaming consloes are marketed. Sell the console (body) cheap and earn back on the games (lenses).

Unlikely bah. The tactic this time round is like the way gaming consloes are marketed. Sell the console (body) cheap and earn back on the games (lenses).

...and for inkjet printers... and for Gillette shavers...

...and for inkjet printers... and for Gillette shavers...
hmm. Good examples. But for shavers, actually the "body" is very exp compared to the blades but you have to buy the shaver body - no choice.

Didn't buy from US, but I'm going to :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
Wonder if Emjay going to ever bring in body-only.

Status
Not open for further replies.