Latest K-x Single/Dual Kit SG local store prices against USA online store prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaarggghhhh! But this one is only available in BLACK!!!! Not again!!!! This same thing happened to me the very first time. Only black was available then (colored bodies hadn't even come in as yet) and I bought it in spite of so much desiring a colored body. Sold it subsequently since colored bodies came into Sg and I hadn't the opportunity to use it much due to work... but now here I am again wanting to take advantage of the U.S. pricing for a dual lens kit available in black only. Grrrrr.... this is reaaaalllly FRUSTRATING... big time!!!!!

I was interested in the white body as well but after much thought I guess end of the day you are using the camera to take nice pics, not to use it as a fashion accessory. But if it's a PNS camera I would love to make a fashion statement out of it but for a DSLR, I think it's too serious for other colours other than black.

And also, it was the influence of my gf which told me to get the black one as she say I'll look stupid with a white DSLR. And lastly, you should look forward to getting other lens to play with rather than plaguing on the colour:)

LOL! :D

All of you are correct. I know I am being quite silly about this colored body thingy... but my little daughter seems to be absolutely fed up of me shooting her with a big black DSLR and hides every time I wasn't to shoot her in natural domestic lighting with a fast lens without flash.

My wife, unlike your girlfriend, actually wants me to buy a WHITE body. I prefer RED! So here I am giving in to these inner urges for the first time in my life ever! Believe me... I felt quite silly two days after I sold off my BLACK K-x... never in my life would I have let color dictate choice of a camera body unless it was a bright purple with yellow polka dots! I always preferred black or steel and a choice didn't matter because that's how most of my cameras have been till now.

Sigh... most likely its gonna be a black K-x all over again if I order online. And here I am toying with the idea of purchasing two kits :eek:... one with the 50-200 and the other with the 55-300... and selling off either a full kit or a full kit minus the telephoto zoom lens after I am finished trying out both the lenses. For just $150 dollars for a decent brand new 50-200mm, I think its a bargain to add to one's collection temporarily.

Heh... heh... a confession: Last night I was drumming my fingers on the table while browsing amazon.com wondering how a white K-x body with red kit lens would look like! :dent: Or how about the other way around?... a red K-x body with a white kit lens!! naaaaah!! First option is better, don't ya think?!!!! :kok:

:rbounce: stomping in hot-headed frustration!!

Last edited:
you might want to check the red one for yourself, I find it not too red enough for myself or pale for my taste. But still, red is red, looks good with black lens, and now sitting on my lap at this moment ;)

White is absolute beautiful, same goes for the blue and the black one is a classic. :)
no matter what you get, you're still a winner.

you can poison somebody to buy a dual lens kit, and buy the 55-300 from him. that's all...

the red k-x changes color like a chameleon under different lighting, in warm incandescent lighting it becomes pink, in daylight it looks less pink, however still not as hot a red as our uniforms :devil:

the red k-x changes color like a chameleon under different lighting, in warm incandescent lighting it becomes pink, in daylight it looks less pink, however still not as hot a red as our uniforms :devil:

true. and when it is on darker areas, it matches better with black lens. ;)

Heh... heh!! :bsmilie: That's nice to know! I will appreciate the different RED hues while my wife absolutely and typically loves anything in PINK!

I won't be surprised if under incandescent light the navy blue looks like more like black too!

Can of spray paint gives me an IDEA!!! :rolleyes: Instead of paint how about one or two of those permanent colored marker pens used to scribble some wavy lines on the white body?!?!!

Anyone copying this idea has to pay original patented "idea fee" by taking me out for a drink!! :wink:

my Whitey simply oozes sex appeal LOL.

you get to talk to simply anyone (IF you get what i mean WLIIA style)when you take out your camera :bsmilie:

saw someone using a red one yesterday and it looks surreal - despite knowing about it's existence for so long it still is a different thing seeing it as an object in our everyday life. hahaha. the red one looked pretty darn good also. :)

Last edited:
Before i saw it in real life, i thought the red was dull and plasticky, hence didn't wait.
Then in the last outing, saw metalfreak's red k-x....and wow, very bright and glossy. Coupled with the red lens, even more catchy. Darn...shd have waited

Goes very well with Pentaxian T-shirt too ! :thumbsup:

Don't waste time. Get the US$643.99 NOW!!

Bros, how much with total cost to ship to singapore based on this price? Sorry bros for the newbie question, havent tried to do buy online.

Based on your discussions here regarding KX , looks like I decided to pick this compared to Canon 500d and Nikon D5000 based on price and performance. I hope I got the right decision.I've been away from photography since the old days of Canon G1 and Panasonic FZ1. Is it easy to order online from Amazon using CC only?

I hope guys you can help me on this. I am tempted to order on the above online sale.

Thanks a lot.

Before i saw it in real life, i thought the red was dull and plasticky, hence didn't wait.
Then in the last outing, saw metalfreak's red k-x....and wow, very bright and glossy. Coupled with the red lens, even more catchy. Darn...shd have waited

Goes very well with Pentaxian T-shirt too ! :thumbsup:

I almost have a second thought when I took the red one as it looks pale, not the ferrari type color. but I still took it, hence the color becomes better and better everytime i look at it. BTW, i reverted to using K-7 due to the fact that everybody is looking at it yesterday while taking it out on a test. :)

I am tempted to order on the above online sale.

You should act real fast then! I already ordered one of the last two kits yesterday. Thus, at this lovely price, only one last kit now remains! So huuurrrrrrrry!!

Regarding my shipping cost, I cannot answer the question till after a few days because I will be clubbing this purchase with other purchases for personal use such as a laptop or two, some camera flashes, perhaps an iphone, etc. That way I can have all the items shipped together and save a good amount on shipping costs.

If you want a rough guess or an approximation, I am guessing that shipping should finally cost me anywhere between SG $50 to $90 for this dual lens kit component... not more than that, I am pretty sure.

You should act real fast then! I already ordered one of the last two kits yesterday. Thus, at this lovely price, only one last kit now remains! So huuurrrrrrrry!!

Regarding my shipping cost, I cannot answer the question till after a few days because I will be clubbing this purchase with other purchases for personal use such as a laptop or two, some camera flashes, perhaps an iphone, etc. That way I can have all the items shipped together and save a good amount on shipping costs.

If you want a rough guess or an approximation, I am guessing that shipping should finally cost me anywhere between SG $50 to $90 for this dual lens kit component... not more than that, I am pretty sure.

I am trying to order online just now and this is the remarks I get regarding address.

"This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. (Learn more.) You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete. "

Is it really likde that.Can I just press "Continue"

Thanks Sircam..

You probably need to create a vpost of borderlinx account and ship to that address.

woefulwabbit is correct.

I opened a borderlinx account before I placed the order with amazon. The borderlinx account basically offers you a free U.S. address for one month. You can use this borderlinx address as your shipping address with amazon or other similar online shopping sites.

amazon will then deliver to your borderlinx address in the U.S. for free within a few days under their Super Saver scheme. borderlinx will send you a confirmation email when they have received the shipment from amazon. you can then instruct borderlinx to re-ship the same item to your actual Singapore address.

NOTE: You can purchase and send multiple items to your borderlinx address within a month and then instruct borderlinx to ship them all at once in the same box to your Singapore address. This way you will save on shipping costs considerably.

By the way, you will need a Citibank Credit Card to open an account with borderlinx. No other credit card can be used.

Hope my explanation helps you understand how this works. :)

Last edited:
woefulwabbit is correct.

I opened a borderlinx account before I placed the order with amazon. The borderlinx account basically offers you a free U.S. address for one month. You can use this borderlinx address as your shipping address with amazon or other similar online shopping sites.

amazon will then deliver to your borderlinx address in the U.S. for free within a few days under their Super Saver scheme. borderlinx will send you a confirmation email when they have received the shipment from amazon. you can then instruct borderlinx to re-ship the same item to your actual Singapore address.

NOTE: You can purchase and send multiple items to your borderlinx address within a month and then instruct borderlinx to ship them all at once in the same box to your Singapore address. This way you will save on shipping costs considerably.

By the way, you will need a Citibank Credit Card to open an account with borderlinx. No other credit card can be used.

Hope my explanation helps you understand how this works. :)

Thanks Sircam, appreciate your detailed explanation.

vPost is an alternative.
In fact there is a tie-up between Amazon and vPost so if you shop at vShopUSA you are in fact shopping at Amazon.
Shipping is seamless and smooth and there are two US addresses for the packages to be sent to.
You can pay by Giro-On-Demand, eNETS Debit, locally issued Credit/Debit Cards (Visa/Master) and PayPal, so the payment options are wider.

http://vshopusa.vpost.com.sg/aom/shop.php

vPost is an alternative.
In fact there is a tie-up between Amazon and vPost so if you shop at vShopUSA you are in fact shopping at Amazon.
Shipping is seamless and smooth and there are two US addresses for the packages to be sent to.
You can pay by Giro-On-Demand, eNETS Debit, locally issued Credit/Debit Cards (Visa/Master) and PayPal, so the payment options are wider.

http://vshopusa.vpost.com.sg/aom/shop.php

Thanks for the info, but any idea how much would be the shipping cost for the dual lens kit?
I heard VPOST will repack the item in a bigger box full of cushions and charge the recipient in volumetric weight (not the actual weight of the product). Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks for the info, but any idea how much would be the shipping cost for the dual lens kit?
I heard VPOST will repack the item in a bigger box full of cushions and charge the recipient in volumetric weight (not the actual weight of the product). Anyone can confirm this?
Hadn't experienced this with my b&h purchases using vpost. I think the shipment should cost some $40 using vpost. So far, I'll get to save some $20-30 compared to direct UPS. Though you will need to wait just a little longer. Usually there's no rush for me and I had enough of a bad experience with UPS.

Last edited:
Hadn't experienced this with my b&h purchases using vpost. I think the shipment should cost some $40 using vpost. So far, I'll get to save some $20-30 compared to direct UPS. Though you will need to wait just a little longer. Usually there's no rush for me and I had enough of a bad experience with UPS.

How long will it take for the shipment? Will there be an extra custom tax??

Status
Not open for further replies.