Ladders - Useful but a Hazard to Public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zcf said:
Talk about consideration? I think you are too lazy to use quote function, asking people to go all the way to search what you post doesn't seem considerate also?
If my post is not considerate? what is? shooting and blocking other?
And you are just lazy to search,it's just the previous page for post#343.
You need a spoon?
zcf said:
I thought I need to pay to watch a movie, I didn't know I need to pay to shoot the fashion show. If people queue early to get good seat what's wrong with that??? I think there are still other not as good spot to watch that fashion show.
The same logic applies,both are watching the show in front.
if you think there are other good spot to watch fashion show then move to that spot where you won't be blocking someone.

TMC said:
Actually from the start to the present, no one is condemning the use of the ladders, everyone is condemning how the ladders were used. Please get that fact right.
yes u got it right pardon my bad use of grammar.
and u point it out too..all condemned for using ladders for such event shots...i mean from the way the thread goes..it a straight condenmation of all users just because of the action of few..no re-course for them at all

zaxh81 said:
If my post is not considerate? what is? shooting and blocking other?
And you are just lazy to search,it's just the previous page for post#343.
You need a spoon?

Why you become so lazy and ask people to search for your post? If you being considerate, you should have thought of it, don't you? Just like to see how "considerate" you are.;) You are now asking all the readers (not only me) who interested to read on to search for your single post, talk about being "considerate"?
zaxh81 said:
The same logic applies,both are watching the show in front.
if you think there are other good spot to watch fashion show then move to that spot where you won't be blocking someone.
Why shouldn't be the people come late and look for other spot? Especially is a free show? :dunno: If they paid for it, sure they have their right.

you still did not get the point.
Use of ladders has always been ok. Just use them where you are not blocking the people behind you, which should be the main reason why the ladders were used in the first place. What they are condemning is the way that the people go all the way to the front of the stage and form a virtual wall and blocking the people behind.

Most (including I myself) do agree on the ladder user need to be more considerate, but from what I read, some forumers in this thread is moving toward banning on all ladder users, whether the person being a considerate ladder user or not.

And I think some forumers in this thread can simply claim forumers in Ready, Light, Action forum over do it. While they don't understand the photographer passion in this field, just because of they don't have that passion, yet making fun of them indiscrimately, even quite majority of them are non-ladder user. If this thread is not getting out of hand, what is? :dunno:

zcf said:
Why you become so lazy and ask people to search for your post?
I did not remember quoting you,i quote eow to refer to my post.
zcf said:
If you being considerate, you should have thought of it, don't you?
What make you think i'm considerate?
zcf said:
Just like to see how "considerate" you are.;)
ouch... such sarcasm...
zcf said:
You are now asking all the readers (not only me) who interested to read on to search for your single post, talk about being "considerate"?
Can you please point out when i ask "all reader" to refer to my single post.
i only refer eow to read that post cause he may have missed that out.

here we go again....popcorns ready

eow said:
...the inconsiderate photogs u pointing(ladder or no ladder) came one or two hrs before the show start.....
so u expecting them to gave up their positions for the spectators who just came?
Fyi..the official photographer yesterday also used prop to get a better overview....

sheesh..you make it sound like if i get to the show 3 hours ahead of time i have the right to set up a large curtain to block everyone else. :rolleyes:

anyway i was there with my family and got there in time to catch the end of the show and this... :p

boxman.jpg

zaxh81 said:
What make you think i'm considerate?
So not so considerate people critisized other people's inconsiderate act and sound so rightious. Something new I learn today :think: , thanks.

As a photographic community, maybe, we should form a committee to draft out some code of practice or simply put, some socially acceptable behavior as far as ladders or the like is concerned. There is no point keep on argueing - it lead to nowhere.

What about offering solution to it. My suggestion is that the shopping centres should put some chairs for old folks, children and others to sit down and watch and photogs to stand behind the chairs and a second row could stand on stools, ladders or whatever. In this manner, everybody got their fair share of the show. :)

drafting codes or rules is unnecessary, who will be responsible for enforcing them? If the subjects of this discussion is not willing to move to the back with their ladders and zooms, who is going to force them?

madmacs said:
sheesh..you make it sound like if i get to the show 3 hours ahead of time i have the right to set up a large curtain to block everyone else. :rolleyes:

anyway i was there with my family and got there in time to catch the end of the show and this... :p

boxman.jpg
Bro dun condenm other so soon
that the pic of the offical photog that u just posted abv
another innocent victim of the sitc fiasco...wrongly accused n condenmed

I gave up shooting fashion events for fun long time ago... Too much effort to get a good spot and just too many photographers to fight with, haha!

Hmmmm, maybe those that kena block get to view the lens and cameras up close. This may motivate them to take up photography. I hope none of the LGers farted.

eow said:

eh... dumb question.

if he/she is the official photog, why is she/he standing behind the lanyard? shldn't he/she be on the other side? :dunno:

nightwolf75 said:
eh... dumb question.

if he/she is the official photog, why is she/he standing behind the lanyard? shldn't he/she be on the other side? :dunno:
gathering.jpg

10th Sept 2005... :D

eow said:

Yup, shooting for a major magazine here in spore... so... dont anyhow say when the facts are not there. Since a photographer's stage was not done.... most professional photogs would get some form of height to get the right shot. These include boxes (as seen here) or short ladders.

The problem arises in Spore coz there is a high number of photog enthusiast who goes for these shows and bring the stands along as well. If they locate behind, its fine.... but like every good thing in spore.... a lot will copy it... (bubble tea, roti boy, 1.99 shops....)....

Dont think you can put a stop to this... you might just end up with organisers banning photogs altogether... with or without ladders, a photog mob is still a photog mob....

The ladders are innocent... but misuse can happen....
;)

eow said:

i din say anything. just say just in time to catch that mah.. dun be so quick to jump to conclusions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.