L lens worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for a L lens that take great potraits pictures anyone out there has any reccomendation. :dunno: Please advise on the price as well for the lens recommended. :think:

trenyi said:
I was looking for a L lens that take great potraits pictures anyone out there has any reccomendation.

85/1.8 (~$600) is a nicer portrait lens than most (all?) the L zooms. The L primes are different story though. (And a different price level too.)

trenyi said:
I was looking for a L lens that take great potraits pictures anyone out there has any reccomendation. :dunno: Please advise on the price as well for the lens recommended. :think:

A 50mm/1.8 (~$140) can take great portrait shots too!!! u don't need an L.

mpenza said:
A 50mm/1.8 (~$140) can take great portrait shots too!!! u don't need an L.
totally agree, L doesn't equal to great photo... u r taking photographs not playing camera equipments.

But we as guys love to toy with equipment even we know that is made little difference...... to a good photographer...

trenyi said:

Some great non-'L' portrait lenses;

Canon;
50/1.8
50/1.4
85/1.8
even the 100/2.8 Macro

Also, 3rd party;
Sigma 70-200/2.8

trucatus said:
But we as guys love to toy with equipment even we know that is made little difference...... to a good photographer...

i don't really like to toy with too many expensive lenses though ;p there're other priorities in life which are important.

L lenses are definitely better...in terms of build,contrast,sharpness and ego..keke

but tell u something....My Canon 28-105 is too sharp on my 4R..Think it even have some mould on top...haha!

For that kind of price difference...u think its justificable?

One man's meat is another man's poison. U make the choice.

trucatus said:
True, I love to spend time with my family...taking photos together....
If its in those situations, opt for a smaller cam... You wouldn't wanna lug your slr + lenses along sometimes... hehe...

Hi all. Tried out the 70-200 f4 L yesterday. Very impressed by the build and the quality of glass. Will be posting some shoots once I have resized them so that will not be too slow to download. In any case, the fell and result I think the L is worth the money - at least for the f4 pricing....

I agree but not fully. Tried a Vivitar zoom lens many years ago and it NEVER produced a sharp image ever....maybe that particular lens have some problem but it was a brand new lens. As for the EF lens the difference may not be noticable....as you said...

What is the recent price for the 17-40mm L f4, 16-35mm L f2.8, 70-200mm L f2.8 and the 70-200mm L f4? I mean new one lah....

Anyone noticed that the 70-200mm f4 L have a florite lens element in it? Why there is no such element in the f2.8? Funny huh? According to the chart, the f4 is supposingly "sharper" than the f2.8....hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.