L lens worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. Business keep me busy for a while. Today shooting Thaipusam so the result for the 70-200mm f4 will be out these few days......cheers

i have the L 24 to 70 mm. great lens. in life, i believe you get what you pay for. want good optics, good pictures that you have the versatlity to blow up or project on a large 3m by 2m screen which i do, THEN BUY THE L LENS . no regrets. if you do only 4 R then dont bother but for big blow up and projections, the sharpness, clarity , contrast and colour makes the price worth while. what the heck you need to pay for quality. only problem is weight but i go travelling with 12 kg of good equipment [ with tripod] but extra weight is no problem if you want excellent results

dont think twice. GO FOR IT ! i have the 24 - 70mm L zoom. great construction, great optics. in life i believe you get what youn pay for. unless you are only doing 4R, the L lens will allow you to blow up pictures with great sharpness and clarity. i do projections on a screen 2 by 3 m and the colour , contrast and sharpness is fantastic. only thing is the weight but i carry 12 kg of equipment with tripod on holiday and the great pictrures i get make weight and price worthwhile

taken with fuji400 EOS 3

0072231R104320-vi.jpg

0072231R103516-vi.jpg

0072231R20187A-vi.jpg

0072231R102712-vi.jpg

From my RAW file to photoshop the pics turn terrible...I was thinking of converting it to TIFF. Can anyone help?

trucatus said:
From my RAW file to photoshop the pics turn terrible...I was thinking of converting it to TIFF. Can anyone help?

You want to post some examples and your workflow? For 90% of shots there is hardly a noticeable difference between Jpeg or TIFF.

trucatus said:
Hi there are updated pix using the 70-200mm f4L lens for Thaipusam yesterday. Sorry for the delay telecast......cheers http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=16471

Good shot but I still prefer more colour...I remember when I use this f4L len it produce plenty of colour even better than f2.8L...what is your saturation & contrast? negative side...? :)

Yeah in the Canon software the contrast is much better than when I transfer to photoshop for jpeg compression. I transfer from CRW and the image is terrible.....becomes very dull lah...

dkw said:
You want to post some examples and your workflow? For 90% of shots there is hardly a noticeable difference between Jpeg or TIFF.

Post sample of workflow....hmmm don't know how to do it leh...I just canon zoom browser software select edit with 3rd party software and I selected photoshop....Photoshop opens with the pics dull.....

trucatus said:
Yeah in the Canon software the contrast is much better than when I transfer to photoshop for jpeg compression. I transfer from CRW and the image is terrible.....becomes very dull lah...

Color calibration issues? Have you tried printing the image and see if there is a difference.

No....come to think of it I have not printed any of the photos from my 300D! Should do it soon....

Does the 70-200 f2.8L focus faster than the f4 L? I tried both the lens seems like the f2.8 AF is much faster. Also the f4 got the frorite but the f2.8 don't. I think I will go for the f4......

Just discover something for 70-200L f4 user....the AF is not smooth if your manual focusing distance is below 3m and you switch the Limiter to 3m.....it is mentioned in the manual though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.