Kx dual lens kit ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bsmilie: That's very funny !

To TS, get from SLR revolution for better service and tips.

Agreed. I dun have a good experience of Alan Photo in Funan...
The one in SLS on the hand is much more reputable.

Hi Ronald,

I think, since you are interested in the Red, then you shd get the Red with the matching Kit lens(which is also red). Sooner or later someone will want to offload the 55-300mm in the classifieds.

yup, i might just buy the red kit lens once available. if the red kit lens will be price as the same as the other colors then the price diff is not that much if i buy the single kit lens and 55-300mm separately compare buying the 2-lens kit.

Last edited:
To add more perspective to the table, can i share my thoughts?

I got my k-x last week from OP, and i too at first wanted the dual lens kit.. thought it will save me some cash to get it as a set.

But in the end, no news (as of last week) that emjay will bring in the dual lens kit, so i went with fellow brothers' recommendation to get the single len kit first den buy separately if needed.

Boy, 1 week later, i am quite glad i didn't get the dual lens kit, cos i realised that i am a all-in-one zoom user after all... I borrowed my cousin's Nikon D90 to try for a few days (she used a 18-200mm zoom), and once i got the k-x kit lens, i realised that i liked the all in one option, better than to use 2 lenses of 18-55 and 50-200. Cos i carry my k-x with me all the time, i dun want to bother much with changing lens all the time.

I got a 28-200 off 2nd hand here in the end =) very happy with it so far.

Just want to share with other newbies that if you're like me, you might prefer to save on the dual kit lens and buy a all-in-1 instead. =) Better yet, some brothers here are eyeing the extra lens haha...

Cheers!
Seems like you hadn't been poisoned by primes. Ha.

Seems like you hadn't been poisoned by primes. Ha.

haha... i'm faster than that. =) bought a pentax A-50/2 and Super Tak 50/1.4 online the very next day after getting my 28-200 :bsmilie: now waiting for my old primes to come, den i will be able to see first hand what the fuss over biting sharp images using primes is all about =P

Scorpioh, that's a very poisonous sting. Let him enjoy a little before he gets the "primes" poison. All he has to do is go to this very innocent looking site and check all the prime lenses. :bsmilie:

bro sebianos... tsk tsk.. =) i should give my evil stare at YOU instead =P

good good. Seriously, one of the main attraction of Pentax is the range of primes. Optics apart, socially speaking, when u use prime, you feel much more pro. Ha. Maybe that's me. When you lend ur friend your camera, then they may try frantically to turn the focus ring to zoom. Then you start to explain its a prime lens and bla bla bla. Feels good ah. Ha. Also, prime usually quite small, unlike those Canikon big boombastic lenses. Makes you feel unique and special holding a prime mounted camera. Plus its a Pentax, feels damn "cult" too!

bro sebianos... tsk tsk.. =) i should give my evil stare at YOU instead =P

Hahahaha... like Fengwei said, the most important thing is to have fun even with cheapy 50/f2 primes - you can have a lot of fun shooting bokehs that are silky, creamy, and beautiful.

Definitely go the the link above to get a rough idea of the lenses before you throw money into it. That's because if you buy a dud prime, you have to find another unsuspecting consumer to buy it off you. And us Pentaxians are too discerning to be duped (well at least not twice) :bsmilie:

With primes, figure out what you like to shoot most and zoom in on the lenses you need. Only buy those that you really use. So far, a 50/1.4 or 50/1.7 is standard prime to have.

Oh, and they are really sharp and fast too.

good good. Seriously, one of the main attraction of Pentax is the range of primes. Optics apart, socially speaking, when u use prime, you feel much more pro. Ha. Maybe that's me. When you lend ur friend your camera, then they may try frantically to turn the focus ring to zoom. Then you start to explain its a prime lens and bla bla bla. Feels good ah. Ha. Also, prime usually quite small, unlike those Canikon big boombastic lenses. Makes you feel unique and special holding a prime mounted camera. Plus its a Pentax, feels damn "cult" too!

I think people tend to think that your a pro if they see you holding 5kg set with a lens as big as a bazooka. ;)

Prime users have this handsome look especially if they have a silver 77 mounted on K-7 :bsmilie:

I think people tend to think that your a pro if they see you holding 5kg set with a lens as big as a bazooka. ;)

Prime users have this handsome look especially if they have a silver 77 mounted on K-7 :bsmilie:

What about a brand new in box limited edition LX + Pentax-A 50mm f1.2?

Image taken from a chinese seller. 25,000 yuan, for those interested.

2419029.jpg

Last edited:
My experience at Alan Photo - Funan
One male - bo chap, another male gave me a horrendous tourist pricing.
Most friendly is the "lady" - no need to negotiate and gave me the best price and explain the details of the camera I am interested in. So it depends on who you talk to.

I had a pleasant experience at AP Funan too. Lady is OK, the tall chap (Joseph?) is friendly, patient and not pushy at all. Pricing was pretty firm but very good -- I did my research before I went down and theirs was the best price for the item I was looking for. I was there twice trying out the item before finally buying, and both times, same consistent level of service from the chap. I've read quite a number of posts on negative experiences there, but well ... not for me.

prime users all got good figure and handsome. zoom users all burly and muscular. :cool:

What about a brand new in box limited edition LX + Pentax-A 50mm f1.2?

Image taken from a chinese seller. 25,000 yuan, for those interested.

2419029.jpg

Nice... but $5000 for this camera and lens, is erm.... way beyond my humble budget. :bsmilie:

Interested in the lens, not the body. Ha.

SGD 5000 - your LBA poison will be reduced by a few limited lenses. Hahahahahaha....

wow...LNIB really no joke! it really looks like its brand new and out only yesterday. Such a beautiful photo! ;) But $5K means its not priced to go...

Quite zzzz... I just called up a few places and none of them willing to sell to me body only.

Quite zzzz... I just called up a few places and none of them willing to sell to me body only.

Try to ask if anyone interested in the kit/dual kit lens? Then you can buy the camera and sell the lens to them. But the kit lens is value for money. maybe you should just keep it as its easier to sell to newbies next time when you upgrade to K8.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.