Kx dual lens kit ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a 18-55 and 18-250 with my K10D, so another 18-55mm would be pretty much useless to me. Don't think it's that easy to get rid of the kit lens also, it looks like our market is probably saturated with that lens already. Arrgghh...

I already have a 18-55 and 18-250 with my K10D, so another 18-55mm would be pretty much useless to me. Don't think it's that easy to get rid of the kit lens also, it looks like our market is probably saturated with that lens already. Arrgghh...

Yup, very saturated at the moment. 3 different versions to choose from... and all costs about the same $100. :cry:

To add more perspective to the table, can i share my thoughts?

I got my k-x last week from OP, and i too at first wanted the dual lens kit.. thought it will save me some cash to get it as a set.

But in the end, no news (as of last week) that emjay will bring in the dual lens kit, so i went with fellow brothers' recommendation to get the single len kit first den buy separately if needed.

Boy, 1 week later, i am quite glad i didn't get the dual lens kit, cos i realised that i am a all-in-one zoom user after all... I borrowed my cousin's Nikon D90 to try for a few days (she used a 18-200mm zoom), and once i got the k-x kit lens, i realised that i liked the all in one option, better than to use 2 lenses of 18-55 and 50-200. Cos i carry my k-x with me all the time, i dun want to bother much with changing lens all the time.

I got a 28-200 off 2nd hand here in the end =) very happy with it so far.

Just want to share with other newbies that if you're like me, you might prefer to save on the dual kit lens and buy a all-in-1 instead. =) Better yet, some brothers here are eyeing the extra lens haha...

Cheers!

bro, can i ask, your is your 28-200 a first party or third party lens? like you i am looking for an all-in-one lens.. but i am just starting to learn about new lens so far.. what is the lens that you got?

The latest DA 55-300 lens cost $570 when I check with two shops this afternoon - fyi

i want to get a white 50-200mm.. anyone buying a new kx soon? pm me and we'll work something that can make both of us happy out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.