Kusu Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trashian

Jul 13, 2005
Some shots taken @ Kusu Island. Let's see what the experts have to say...

40799a71920d7829.jpg

*extra image removed*

please note that critique request is limited to 1 image per week, and please include a short writeup for your picture as per guidelines.

thanks.

please note that critique request is limited to 1 image per week, and please include a short writeup for your picture as per guidelines.

thanks.

Apologies. I didn't know about the rules. Nonetheless, the short writeup...

This is a photo taken @ the island. Lucky for me, the island isn't too crowded with worshippers YET and hence, managed to capture this shot. Didn't do much PS'ing. Just some minor cropping.

what did u wish to be critiqued on? personally i dont like vignetting for most landscapes as it sort of detracts from reality. Yet landscapes can be surreal but not this way imo. The placement of the pier dead centre from the horizontal and vertical perspective made it looked boring, give different proportion to the subject in the frame. experiment landscape perspective, place it on the right less water more sky etc

i would like to add i like the colours :D

what did u wish to be critiqued on? personally i dont like vignetting for most landscapes as it sort of detracts from reality. Yet landscapes can be surreal but not this way imo. The placement of the pier dead centre from the horizontal and vertical perspective made it looked boring, give different proportion to the subject in the frame. experimental landscape perspective, place it on the right less water more sky etc

i would like to add i like the colours :D

Thanks for your valuable comments.

Glad you like the colors. I must say they are vibrant. :D Noted your comments. Am hoping to hear more views on how else I could improve this shot.

i will prefer the photo to be in landscape style. Abit too tight. :)

think the vignetting is fine, conveys a different feel.
this portait is quite nice actually, brings out a even water/sky look
but more of the bridge to give it a complete feel.
colors are excellent.

My 2nd attempt...

cc47d01f103461c7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.