Kulai, Johor

IMG_9303.jpg

This is my first sunset photo in Kulai 26 Miles. Picture taken on April 14. Sunset under the roof.

IMG_9637.jpg

Sunset under the power cable.

IMG_9652.jpg

Hi Silverpine,

Seem like you always head to Kulai. A nice place to relax and ur recommendation of fried chicken at Happy Land is great.

In fact we just drive pass thru and remember of the places u state in ur thread. So we drop by and shoot some pics. Indeed a nice place with nice food.

Any other good states to recommend in Malaysia that you always go?

Hi Silverpine,

Seem like you always head to Kulai. A nice place to relax and ur recommendation of fried chicken at Happy Land is great.

In fact we just drive pass thru and remember of the places u state in ur thread. So we drop by and shoot some pics. Indeed a nice place with nice food.

Any other good states to recommend in Malaysia that you always go?

Thong, I am impress that you guy ready go and seek out the place to eat and shoot some photo.

Due to the job requirement, I need to travel to Kulai very often.

When I am taking my holiday in Malaysia, I always travel by car. Some of the places I think may be interest by you:

1. Desaru beach, 2 hrs drive.
2. Malacca, 3+ hrs drive.
3. Port Dickson, 4+ hrs drive.
4. Cherating, Kuantan, 6+ hrs drive.

Each time when I travel, I took at least a few thousands picture, too many interest subjects to take.

Cheers.

Picture taken at Taman Palm, Kelapa Sawit, Kulai. A lotus pond in the residential area.

IMG_0043p.jpg

IMG_0070p.jpg

IMG_0069p.jpg

The first mega store Tesco open months ago at Kulai, location is at the 2nd traffic light junction after exit North-South Highway or just opposite HTL factory.

IMG_3615.jpg

#38 Sunset at Kelapa Sawit, Kulai, Johor. Picture taken today.

IMG_5999p.jpg

great work!!! by the way, i grew up there as a kid ;) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ispiring photograghs SILVERPINE! You have excellent artistic vision, turning ordinary stuff into works that captivate. I look at Kulai with a different perspective now...

Thanks for sharing. Always nice to see some towns being documented.

I like Kulai this town, not all the old memory will stay forever, it will be good to record them down as early as possible before they become part of the history.

great work!!! by the way, i grew up there as a kid ;) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hansenhon, thank you for the comment, love the environment there.

Ispiring photograghs SILVERPINE! You have excellent artistic vision, turning ordinary stuff into works that captivate. I look at Kulai with a different perspective now...

HYPY13, thank you for your comments and encouragement. I think I love this place which make the pictures a little different.

Cheers!

yup... i still go there since my brother move back there after getting married... i love the place, the people and the food... ;) Keep it going man :thumbsup:

bro, thanks for sharing.. any driving directions there from singapore ? :)

anything interesting in the mega TESCO ? free parking there?

yup... i still go there since my brother move back there after getting married... i love the place, the people and the food... ;) Keep it going man :thumbsup:

Thank you bro!

bro, thanks for sharing.. any driving directions there from singapore ? :)

anything interesting in the mega TESCO ? free parking there?

If you driving, go by north south highway to K.L direction, exit at Kulai after paying the toll fee drive straight until you reach the T junction. TESCO is on your left hand side of the T junction. Parking is free, and I yet to visit the place will try it next time.

Cheers!

#39 From Kelapa Sawit

IMG_6218.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

#41 Airplane from Senai Airport over the roof.

IMG_6242.jpg

Picture taken at Taman Palm, Kelapa Sawit, Kulai. A lotus pond in the residential area.

IMG_0043p.jpg

IMG_0070p.jpg

IMG_0069p.jpg

#36 is my favourite. Good documentational effort. Kulai (and Senai) may be small towns but are full of history dating back to the time when chinese immigrants settle down to farm and start up rubber planatations. It was also a hot bed of communist actitivites during the Malayan Emergency.

#36 is my favourite. Good documentational effort. Kulai (and Senai) may be small towns but are full of history dating back to the time when chinese immigrants settle down to farm and start up rubber planatations. It was also a hot bed of communist actitivites during the Malayan Emergency.

Daoyin, thank you for the information. Kelapa Sawit is one of the small town in Kulai, there are some development here and there but not fast. Like the picture 39 to 41 is one of new building at Kelapa Sawit. I try to capture some of the existing town before it make way for new developments.

Cheers!

Daoyin, thank you for the information. Kelapa Sawit is one of the small town in Kulai, there are some development here and there but not fast. Like the picture 39 to 41 is one of new building at Kelapa Sawit. I try to capture some of the existing town before it make way for new developments.

Cheers!

Didn't know about that location despite traveling to Kulai for more than a decade. Looks like I have yet to explore finish. :bsmilie:

Cheers!

I have a suggestion for you. Have you thought about going into some of the plantation roads? Often there will be a small group of houses clustered together for the workers. Taking some photos of it will greatly enhanced your series as plantation life was very much part of the area's history. That is why there is so many chinese still in the area, along with Indians. If you want more of its history, I understand a recent book was published about it but I have yet to get my hands on a copy.

I remember the row of old shop houses along the main road in Kulai in one of your earlier photos. This was the main part of town than. Cars will stop by on their "up country" or down to JB/Singapore. To be a doctor then and have a clinic was a big thing. Again, thanks.

Didn't know about that location despite traveling to Kulai for more than a decade. Looks like I have yet to explore finish. :bsmilie:

Yoh, thanks for the comments.

I have a suggestion for you. Have you thought about going into some of the plantation roads? Often there will be a small group of houses clustered together for the workers. Taking some photos of it will greatly enhanced your series as plantation life was very much part of the area's history. That is why there is so many chinese still in the area, along with Indians. If you want more of its history, I understand a recent book was published about it but I have yet to get my hands on a copy.

I remember the row of old shop houses along the main road in Kulai in one of your earlier photos. This was the main part of town than. Cars will stop by on their "up country" or down to JB/Singapore. To be a doctor then and have a clinic was a big thing. Again, thanks.

Daoyin, thank you for the information. Recent re-visit to the Kelapa Sawit, found that two old houses (flower photo for pic#21, 22) made way for the pic #39, 40, 41. Lotus pond at pic#34,35,36 was not as good as before. The hardware shop next to the Kulai Kelinik (pic#6 at the main road) is now close for operation.

You have mention about the old planation road where the Chinese live along with the Indians, do you know the road name or the town name so that I would like to make a visit to take some photo.

Cheers!