kopi oh ji puey

Status
Not open for further replies.
taken from my grandma's coffee stall...I know the blurred hand movement spoiled the picture...but still...critiques pls...thks

P1060644b.jpg

Good exposure. Very good expression captured. The background provides story details for the composition, and interaction of the subjects adds life to the photo.

Some areas of imperfection. The first being the hand - not so much of motion blur, but how a metal mug seems to be floating from the hand. It takes a second look to understand the mug belongs to the background, thus, becomes a minor distraction.

The next one being the "hidden" subject/s. Composition would be better if the face and subject of the person in the foreground (and the person she's covering) can be seen. The subject who's blocked serves as another distraction, while the facial expression of the subject in the foreground would complete the story. If a few more shots are taken in sequence, I guess that can be achieved. Still, I guess it's a compromise being a "moment" kind of shot.

Hmm... candid shots which capture the "moment"? It tells the story of a moment in time, once passed, very unlikely to occur in the same way ever again.

I like this photo. The hand and the mug doesn't bother me. The old lady's expression immediately grabs my attention and is the best feature of this photo. If you had waited for everything to be "perfect" you could have missed it.

Ben1223 said:
I like this photo. The hand and the mug doesn't bother me. The old lady's expression immediately grabs my attention and is the best feature of this photo. If you had waited for everything to be "perfect" you could have missed it.

I normally don't "wait" for everything to be perfect. Like you said, would have missed it. But within the span of few seconds, you can actually take many pics from alternative perspectives and exposures as quickly as possible, to capture the moment they way you wanted it, not managed to do it.

Hasegawa_Takumi said:
icic...thnks for the critiques guys~ =)

hmmm...
for me....
i get drawn to calendars in pics that depict a nostalgic feeling....

that CAlendar there... seems to add the X factor touch

Status
Not open for further replies.