Klose's #2 Outing - Plane Spotting

Status
Not open for further replies.
k3nn3th03 said:
soooo long... did sg consider abt buying this plane ???

imagine, the passengers that is allocated at the back, they have to walk allll the way there..:sweat:

nice pic...
Hmmm....first thing...its SQ(Singapore Airlines) not sg(no offence meant).....second, SQ has already purchased the A340-500 for its non-stop flights to New York and L.A, basically, the A345 is a longer range version of the A346....but body length is shorter....rumors has it that SQ is going to phase out the A345s in favour of the new 777-200LR worldliner......
just my two cents worth.....;)

I would suggest that you guys should stick to Changi Beach (middle of year) Changi International Business Park (Year end and start) for landings and T1 viewing mall. Do not attempt the changi coastal road.

The outing is still on but it's on this sunday 2 oct instead. Timings should be the same. Also please do bring along your prints for sharing and critique ;)

Klose said:
The outing is still on but it's on this sunday 2 oct instead. Timings should be the same. Also please do bring along your prints for sharing and critique ;)
ya dont be shy , i love to look at other people work too . here's the best chance to exchange pointers and find people to appriciate yr work ;)

S11loop said:
ya dont be shy , i love to look at other people work too . here's the best chance to exchange pointers and find people to appriciate yr work ;)

i will bring my photo album :bsmilie:

Is Klose starting a new list again? :)
2 Oct looks good for me. Go there shoot some planes, TCSS, make some new friends.

JediForce4ever said:
Hmmm....first thing...its SQ(Singapore Airlines) not sg(no offence meant).....second, SQ has already purchased the A340-500 for its non-stop flights to New York and L.A, basically, the A345 is a longer range version of the A346....but body length is shorter....rumors has it that SQ is going to phase out the A345s in favour of the new 777-200LR worldliner......

roger that SIR... :bsmilie:

JediForce4ever said:
Sigh... y SIA so boeingy? 777-200LR is ETOPS Restricted man.. A345 isn't! Furthermore I find Airbus A330/340 cabin quietter than B777. Politics playing a part again? I don't wanna continue because this is photography forum, not politics.. else I can continue ranting ;)

Ah Pao said:
Is Klose starting a new list again? :)
2 Oct looks good for me. Go there shoot some planes, TCSS, make some new friends.

Yup. new list being started again :D

Start the ball rolling for this Sunday's outing. Add yourself to the list and pme me your name ad contact details. Thanks.

1. Klose

Hey everyone,

Let me point out a few points before you do any shooting. Follow these or I'll shoot you myself if I find out who you are. I'm not joking and I have ways to find out. Some of the members who actually know me should know how seriously I take certain matters.

1. DO NOT attempt to go anywhere the fence. Especially in a large group.

2. DO NOT shoot along the Changi Coastal Rd for the same reason as above.

3. Stay in the terminal. You can still get some decent shots in the morning and till about 2pm without having to worry about reflections on the glass. You can still get great shots from here.

4. If you really want to get out of the terminal, head on down to Changi Beach. Go no further than here. I'm serious unless you want a free ride in a police car and a bashing from me.

5. PM me if you want advice on shooting at Changi. I will not discuss such matters on the board because some fools think they know enough to give a talk when they are nothing more than a bunch of goons who can't shoot for nuts and have lousy fungus infested equipment and claim to know a lot about aviation.

Go analyse some more pictures and effing use your brains idiot. You wanna get into trouble with the law, do it yourself and don't drag others down with you. And above all DO NOT RUIN THE NAME AND REPUTATION OF LOCAL SPOTTERS!

jeremyftk said:
Hey everyone,

Let me point out a few points before you do any shooting. Follow these or I'll shoot you myself if I find out who you are. I'm not joking and I have ways to find out. Some of the members who actually know me should know how seriously I take certain matters.

3. Stay in the terminal. You can still get some decent shots in the morning and till about 2pm without having to worry about reflections on the glass. You can still get great shots from here.

4. If you really want to get out of the terminal, head on down to Changi Beach. Go no further than here. I'm serious unless you want a free ride in a police car and a bashing from me.

5. PM me if you want advice on shooting at Changi. I will not discuss such matters on the board because some fools think they know enough to give a talk when they are nothing more than a bunch of goons who can't shoot for nuts and have lousy fungus infested equipment and claim to know a lot about aviation.

Go analyse some more pictures and effing use your brains idiot. You wanna get into trouble with the law, do it yourself and don't drag others down with you. And above all DO NOT RUIN THE NAME AND REPUTATION OF LOCAL SPOTTERS!

Hi lao jao (old bird) pardon me if u dont like to be called this way but seriously u sounded like one .

people who know me know that i belongs to the type who voice out things if it dont seems right . Your statement is bold . I believe most of the interested photographer in this outing are not PROFESSIONAL aviation photographers , this outing is most likely for us to get together learn and enjoy the trail of photography .

We would appriciate if u could give valuable tips on it instead . Thanks and cheers :)

I have already given all the tips necessary to stay out of trouble with the law. If you want more specifics, PM me.

Regards.

Well said, Jeremyftk

The authorities doesnt take into account whether you're a professional aviation photographer or not. As long as they find you huge group of guys there and are not happy with it, then it's sad that they will have to make it happen. And to those who think they know a lot, it certainly isnt worth going there just to boast and eventually get into deep sh*t.

jeremyftk said:

The last bit of your post was uncalled for Jeremy. I'm referring to your choice of language. You are Jeremy Foo from 9v aren't you?

I think enough warnings about the perils of spotting near the fence have already been voiced in this thread. I'm sure the guys will take heed of the good advice already given and stay away from the restricted areas and stick to Changi Beach or the T1 viewing mall.

jeremyftk said:
Hey everyone,

Yes and I know that he is referring to me. calling me a fool??

JediForce4ever said:
maybe not try Changi Business Park....may get harrass by police....

Like I mentioned earlier, you're not going to get much @ Changi Business Park if the prevailing runway is RW20. Best to catch the birds on approach from Changi Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.