Klose's #2 Outing - Plane Spotting

Status
Not open for further replies.
mohgui said:
the best place to shoot would be at the edge of the runway (the perimeter fence). here, can shoot the planes touching down (provided it touches down here lah :bsmilie: ). i like shooting planes too... but this sunday? hmmm... must see schedule first :think:
Yes but getting in and out can be quite a hassle as there are no buses operating there and its veryvery hard to get a cab.....unless you are driving....not advisable to go there....migh kena police someore...

mohgui said:
the best place to shoot is still the perimeter fence, but what Terence said is true. with the increase in Airport security, not advisable to shoot there lah.

if you guys want to shoot planes touching down in comfort, then head for T1. if you guys want to shoot the planes on final approach, then SAFRA Resort beach will be one good place. but bear in mind, there're no shelter there (i think so).
SAFRA...do you guys mean the one at Tanah Merah??

nightwolf75 said:
terence shld know best - he belongs to an international forum grp of aviation shooters! check out the link to his homepage! :bsmilie:

Terence is an aviation spotting guru in my eyes. It's very difficult to get photo's accepted at Airliners.net, and to have the number of photos he has there is outstanding. Great work Terence! Perhaps you could run a T1 tour and photo clinic sometime...:thumbsup: Count me in if you do this. :D

JediForce4ever said:
SAFRA...do you guys mean the one at Tanah Merah??
That's NSRCC.

National Service Resort & Country Club
10, Changi Coast Walk, Singapore 499739

Best spot around there would probably the road leading to the NSRCC.
Took cab there late last year for a few night stay @ the bungalow. The road leading to NSRCC actually at the landing path of either RW 02L or 02R.

How to get to NSRCC:

From ECP:
1. Turn out at Exit 2A
2. Pass Tanah Merah Country Club Garden Course
3. Keep right, look for signboard (on the left)
4. Turn right into Changi Coast Walk (This could be the road where aeroplanes fly right above you)

Alternatively, there's a shuttle bus running thru & fro Tanah Merah MRT Station. Not sure about the frequency & timing though..

singapurasteve said:
Terence is an aviation spotting guru in my eyes. It's very difficult to get photo's accepted at Airliners.net, and to have the number of photos he has there is outstanding. Great work Terence! Perhaps you could run a T1 tour and photo clinic sometime...:thumbsup: Count me in if you do this. :D
Wonder how he gets permission to get into cockpit.. :think:

rinaldi86 said:
That's NSRCC.

National Service Resort & Country Club
10, Changi Coast Walk, Singapore 499739

Best spot around there would probably the road leading to the NSRCC.
Took cab there late last year for a few night stay @ the bungalow. The road leading to NSRCC actually at the landing path of either RW 02L or 02R.

How to get to NSRCC:

From ECP:
1. Turn out at Exit 2A
2. Pass Tanah Merah Country Club Garden Course
3. Keep right, look for signboard (on the left)
4. Turn right into Changi Coast Walk (This could be the road where aeroplanes fly right above you)

Alternatively, there's a shuttle bus running thru & fro Tanah Merah MRT Station. Not sure about the frequency & timing though..
Well, just you all know, NSRCC has been taken over by SAFYC, it is now called SAFYC Tanah Merah.Spotting there is only during Nov-April period, and only during low tides in order to be able to stand at the beach.But approaches there can be a little high though.Shuttle there is run by SAFYC.You can log on to www.safyc.org.sg for more details.Not very sure iof you have to be a member to get there though.If any of you intrested in getting ther, you can contact me coz I can bring you in as guest.

rinaldi86 said:
IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

Those 2 shots were taken last year, @ Singapore Sailing Club @ East Coast Park. So maybe this would be another location? just that it's far... have to cycle from East Coast central (where mac is)
After close study, the tri-jet aircraft is a Garuda DC-10!!.....very rare in Singapore!!....lucky for you to catch it......I havent even gotten a GA 744 yet....

Schedule is up courtesy of JediForce4ever :)

JediForce4ever said:
Well, just you all know, NSRCC has been taken over by SAFYC, it is now called SAFYC Tanah Merah.Spotting there is only during Nov-April period, and only during low tides in order to be able to stand at the beach.But approaches there can be a little high though.Shuttle there is run by SAFYC.You can log on to www.safyc.org.sg for more details.Not very sure iof you have to be a member to get there though.If any of you intrested in getting ther, you can contact me coz I can bring you in as guest.
eh no lah...

I am referring to:
http://www.esrcc.com.sg/home.html

Recently saw the shuttle bus.. still NSRCC. Even the website still NSRCC and no news of it having name changed to SAFYC

JediForce4ever said:
After close study, the tri-jet aircraft is a Garuda DC-10!!.....very rare in Singapore!!....lucky for you to catch it......I havent even gotten a GA 744 yet....
Well, apart from being a rare bird, I sat in it before many years back. The last time I sat in that plane was probably in 1995 (Provided it was a DC-10. Vaguely remember if it was A300 or DC-10)

GA 744? Can see it at Soekarno-Hatta Airport Terminal 2, "F"

BTW, now I no longer see Garuda with its DC-10 in Singapore. Probably due to low load factor. They now operate with Boeing 737 series, 6 frequency

Go to Changi South where all the warehouses are, such as DHL, UPS, Sin Siang Choon, that is the landing and takeoff path of the aircraft. The best time to snap your plane is around 5pm - 7pm as this is the most busy time for the airport as arrival and departure take place.

Rhpe3159 said:
Go to Changi South where all the warehouses are, such as DHL, UPS, Sin Siang Choon, that is the landing and takeoff path of the aircraft. The best time to snap your plane is around 5pm - 7pm as this is the most busy time for the airport as arrival and departure take place.

Changi South is ideal only if RW02 is in use, unfortunately it isn't at this time of the year. You could see aircraft departing from RW20 but they'd be way too high for any useful shots.

I'd recommend the publicly accessible Changi Beach for approach shots onto RW20R. Can get good side on and quarter shots in both the mornings and afternoons.

singapurasteve said:

Thanks but there are many other local shooters here with many more shots than I have in a.net, many other good photographers these days.

I've stopped posting there for a while now as I've gone off aviation photography recently.

For those of you who might not know, the local commercial aviation enthusiasts hang out at www.ninervictor.com

Can get some spotting and photography tips over there.

Terence said:
Changi South is ideal only if RW02 is in use, unfortunately it isn't at this time of the year. You could see aircraft departing from RW20 but they'd be way too high for any useful shots.

I'd recommend the publicly accessible Changi Beach for approach shots onto RW20R. Can get good side on and quarter shots in both the mornings and afternoons.

hey, is the RW20 at T1 side ??

i believe that there is this park further in from EXPO station.. where u can see planes landing... can see quite clearly.. but not sure got bus in or not ??

genmapphp.gif

the circle is place that got shelter... the arrow is the direction of landing (app)..

:D

hope this help..

very sick now , dont know if can join u guys or not ... hiaz

S11loop said:
very sick now , dont know if can join u guys or not ... hiaz

rest la bro missing one outing wont kill :bsmilie:

mohgui said:
yah lor... i can't make it too :(

Me too.
But actually I see planes landing during my work time..
Just find one day and take some pic from my office window..:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.