karaoke neighbours @ 1am, what to do?

Noise Pollution

To register complaints or find out more about NEA’s noise pollution regulations, please contact the NEA Call Centre at 1800-CALL-NEA (1800-2255 632).

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/topics_noise.aspx

Does this apply to condo/private properties too? or it is governed by the mgt / security of the site?

There is this family at my condo ground floor, very often they have ktv sessions (mostly day time, so I can tahan the not so good singing) and play mahjong till early morning (i.e. pass midnight) but it is strange that no one complaint (?) and they continued for months .

R u sure tt the marbles are played by ur neighbors' children upstairs n not ur unseen flatmates in ur flat. There's a lot of stories about marbles sound in hdb flats at nights.
Concrete reinforced with rebars contracting throughout the night due to thermal differences and rattling PVC water pipes as a result of the water hammer effect are known to produce sounds identical to marbles being dropped on the floor and bouncing off as the audio frequencies reverberate throughout the building structure while getting distorted along the way. ;)
Does this apply to condo/private properties too? or it is governed by the mgt / security of the site?

There is this family at my condo ground floor, very often they have ktv sessions (mostly day time, so I can tahan the not so good singing) and play mahjong till early morning (i.e. pass midnight) but it is strange that no one complaint (?) and they continued for months.
Have you guys even read through the link posted? As stated clearly in the first paragraph, NEA is only responsible for regulating "noise from construction sites, industrial operations and traffic".

Last edited:
For those who advocate reporting such cases of neighbours constantly disturbing the public peace with their anti-social/nuisance behaviour to the authorities, please bear in mind that neither HDB nor the police can enforce on scene that they actually STFU if their advise to do so is ignored anyway.

The only action of recourse is to lodge a former complaint to the magistrate where both parties will most probably be referred to the Community Mediation Centre (CMC) for counselling.

A thing to remember when buying house. You can choose your house but not your neighbours. If you have good neighbours above and below, sideways, whole block overall, think carefully before you move house. Your new neighbours may be horrors.

A thing to remember when buying house. You can choose your house but not your neighbours. If you have good neighbours above and below, sideways, whole block overall, think carefully before you move house. Your new neighbours may be horrors.

this would encourage a new breed of stalking :D

"HDB Flat Stalkers" - defined by a minibus parked in the parking lot late at night with curtains drawn and a huge amount of surveillance equipment to detect noise and weird behavior from residents in order to pick the choicest HDB flat.

haha.

@9V-Orion Images: and by the way, not only marbles, but furniture dragging and knocking on the walls/ceilings and floors. HAHA. i had a super bad experience with that to know that most of it's not natural zzzz

R u sure tt the marbles are played by ur neighbors' children upstairs n not ur unseen flatmates in ur flat. There's a lot of stories about marbles sound in hdb flats at nights.

Are you serious? I hear that kind of sound just above my room every single night. I'm actually hearing it as I type this. Sorry if I sound dumb. I'm a foreigner and I'm totally clueless.:dunno:

Are you serious? I hear that kind of sound just above my room every single night. I'm actually hearing it as I type this. Sorry if I sound dumb. I'm a foreigner and I'm totally clueless.:dunno:

LOL ignore the sounds. i actually did something stupid that gave me a scary supernatural experience. if you see me at an Alpha outing u can ask me what happened LOL!

LOL ignore the sounds. i actually did something stupid that gave me a scary supernatural experience. if you see me at an Alpha outing u can ask me what happened LOL!

Well I was ignoring it 20 minutes ago. How do you expect me to ignore it now?? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: