K-x Questions

zruns

Feb 12, 2010
Hi
i've decided on kx :D :D :D
im pretty excited haha

i have few questions though

1) What is the difference between DAL and DA lens i did some searching on the net i didn't really understand much , for a new user would it make a difference?

2) would the street prices in japan for buying a colored kx be cheaper? i've looked around amazon japan and a few others and prices are $200 more :O
i have budget of $1000 sgd

3) anywhere to get hands on colored dual kits lens?(white) (55-200) in singapore or anyone know any online stores i did some searching and can't find at all :/

ty ty :)

The L in DAL stands for 'Lightweight'. It is lighter in weight. It also has a plastic mount and does not have the Quick Shift clutch mechanism.

The DA has a metal mount and also has the Quick Shift feature.

Both DAL and DA lenses are very similar optically... so you'd be hard-pressed to notice any difference.

Then you also have the WR range of lenses which indicate that they have inner seals for making them 'Weather Resistant'.

Thankyou :)
great explanation thankyou :)

Singapore prices are very good. Only reason to buy from Japan is because you want the colours that are only available in Japan.

The coloured lens are the 18-55 kit only.

In addition to sircam's explanation, the DA comes with Pentax hood, DAL doesn't.

Hi
i've decided on kx :D :D :D
im pretty excited haha

i have few questions though

1) What is the difference between DAL and DA lens i did some searching on the net i didn't really understand much , for a new user would it make a difference?

Sircam already replied
2) would the street prices in japan for buying a colored kx be cheaper? i've looked around amazon japan and a few others and prices are $200 more :O
i have budget of $1000 sgd

Just buy from S'pore at <$800.Then with the remaining money,use it to buy a dry cabinet/filter/bag/etc....
3) anywhere to get hands on colored dual kits lens?(white) (55-200) in singapore or anyone know any online stores i did some searching and can't find at all :/

There is NO colored dual kit lens.18-55 comes in black/red/white while 50-200/55-300 comes in black only.

ty ty :)

My answer in red:)