K-x Questions

zruns

Feb 12, 2010
Hi
i've decided on kx :D :D :D
im pretty excited haha

i have few questions though

1) What is the difference between DAL and DA lens i did some searching on the net i didn't really understand much , for a new user would it make a difference?

2) would the street prices in japan for buying a colored kx be cheaper? i've looked around amazon japan and a few others and prices are $200 more :O
i have budget of $1000 sgd

3) anywhere to get hands on colored dual kits lens?(white) (55-200) in singapore or anyone know any online stores i did some searching and can't find at all :/

ty ty :)

sircam

May 21, 2007
The L in DAL stands for 'Lightweight'. It is lighter in weight. It also has a plastic mount and does not have the Quick Shift clutch mechanism.

The DA has a metal mount and also has the Quick Shift feature.

Both DAL and DA lenses are very similar optically... so you'd be hard-pressed to notice any difference.

Then you also have the WR range of lenses which indicate that they have inner seals for making them 'Weather Resistant'.

zruns

Feb 12, 2010
Thankyou :)
great explanation thankyou :)

Jan 10, 2005
Singapore prices are very good. Only reason to buy from Japan is because you want the colours that are only available in Japan.

The coloured lens are the 18-55 kit only.

kengoh

Jan 23, 2004
Singapore
In addition to sircam's explanation, the DA comes with Pentax hood, DAL doesn't.

cleonbus

Deregistered
Nov 18, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hi
i've decided on kx :D :D :D
im pretty excited haha

i have few questions though

1) What is the difference between DAL and DA lens i did some searching on the net i didn't really understand much , for a new user would it make a difference?

Sircam already replied
2) would the street prices in japan for buying a colored kx be cheaper? i've looked around amazon japan and a few others and prices are $200 more :O
i have budget of $1000 sgd

Just buy from S'pore at <$800.Then with the remaining money,use it to buy a dry cabinet/filter/bag/etc....
3) anywhere to get hands on colored dual kits lens?(white) (55-200) in singapore or anyone know any online stores i did some searching and can't find at all :/

There is NO colored dual kit lens.18-55 comes in black/red/white while 50-200/55-300 comes in black only.

ty ty :)

My answer in red:)

Top Bottom