K-x is here! A short review ... K-x vs K-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, if its not too much trouble there, how about a video test? Already went with the pictures, might as well complete the review with videos =PPP

-Slow Panning to Fast Panning (multi directional)
-Body Stabilisation on and off
-Last but not least, auto focus and manual focus

Wahha..it looks like alot to ask for. maybe in due time....

Sorry I'm not a video guy, never really seriously used this feature on my K7 yet, except during the early testing stage. I'm sure we'd see a lot video from this camera soon.

And it is a great little camera even w/o HD video ;)

can you do timelapse photography with kx?

Damn, I should have waited and got the K-x... :cry:
Oh well, that's life... will give it some time for the price to come down...
K-x users should rejoice. I hope many more will join the ranks of Pentax owners.

So would it worth me trading in my K-7 for the K-x?

Hmm currently evaulating between the 500d and Kx. Kx is indeed a tough competitor here.
With regards to the auto focus system its hard deciding btwn 500d and kx.

11-point AF 9 cross-type(KX) OR 9-point, cross type centre(500D)
Cross types are supposedly more sensitive and accurate, while the 500d offers arguably faster manual point selection and less accuracy.

Ofc, a way to overlook it all is use center AF all the time.

Anyhow! wanted to ask how is the autofocus(no selection, let cam decide) accuracy of the KX and how quickly, can one change the focus point from the viewfinder in the Kx?

Will there be dual kit lens available for K-x?

anybody ask before?:embrass:

Yeah I want to know too, i've been waiting to get the dual lens kit whenever it'll be available here.. :/

Hmm currently evaluating between the 500d and Kx. Kx is indeed a tough competitor here.

Well the K-x has Shake Reduction with any and every lens you put on, which is something to consider as it has cost as well as usability considerations. Plus the optical performance of the Pentax kit lens is better imo. K-x is more compact and got more colours... :bsmilie:

can you do timelapse photography with kx?

Hi daikk1n,

K-X has a multiple exposure function . I think this is what you call timelapsed photography ??

how is the AF accuracy ?

Hi flowerpot,

AF in K-x is very fast and accurate, at least when compared to my K200D.

Where my K200D occassionally hunts when shooting in room lighting condition, this is situation did not occur with the K-x under same lighting condition. ;)

imo, my conclusion is still one of 'noise'/detail trade-off. not necessarily due to NR (since it was turned off in both cams), just different sensor characteristics.

i find the k-7 shots making the effort to preserve much more fine detail especially at the areas in the kitchen tiles with grime/algae, don't even need to pixel-peep.

the end result it not pretty at all, but with current technology trade-off is inevitable i guess, no magic sensor exists in the aps-c realm.

with the change of sensor the k-x pictures now are overall very silky smooth, looking more and more like the other brands, losing the character that some of the old timers who are so used to.

just my observations :)

I did find the color abit changing from what i had used to, that "pentax color".. well, could compare shooting raw and then output jpeg without any adjustment between previous model and kx?

I do think it'a a bit cooler/"change", regarding all samples/pics from user around many forums.

If i have to do all those pp to bring back the color that color from which i got from k100ds then i think i would have to hold on or buy k20d even though i really like small body, tight budget here.

it's good that they're making a change, k-x has certainly caught attention and delivered remarkable results for an entry level dslr.

but what I don't like is even the RAW shots are affected by smearing, not only jpeg compression.

I initially hoped they would improve jpeg and only that, leave the RAW alone.

o well I don't know how it works so...:dunno:

This is it & when talk about Good Pentax colour,some ppl said OIC.but...???
when you said look ISO can match others at 1600 or more.:bigeyes:low noise / AF fast /
FPS good / light weight / got HD video some more & price only below 1k...wow! ppl start
talking & buying like now,well done K-x it could be the top selling pentax DSLR here at least.

not trying to be wet-blanket ah :bsmilie:

I'm trying to give all k-7 owners some consolation:cry: , including myself :bsmilie:

don't be too sad, we have the pro build quality/handling and controls ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.