K-x is here! A short review ... K-x vs K-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a question for k-x users... does it make a difference whether i use a fast 8GB card, or just a normal kingston class 4 8GB card? Would really appreciate feedback, cos won't want to spend extra on a fast card if the k-x doesn't support it..

For normal photography it will not have much impact. But if you shoot continuous shots, then should help. Frankly, an SDHC Class 4 or 6 will do for me. :)

hey,

i'm new and intend to get a k-x. just wondering, what other lenses are you guys using?

i'm wondering if its possible to get the twin lens kit in singapore..

how about for HD video recording, and for playback of RAW pics on the camera? i heard somewhere that it gets painfully slow if you use a slow SD card and review your RAW shots.. sometimes takes about 3-4sec for the RAW shots to show?

how about for HD video recording, and for playback of RAW pics on the camera? i heard somewhere that it gets painfully slow if you use a slow SD card and review your RAW shots.. sometimes takes about 3-4sec for the RAW shots to show?

For the minute clips it takes about 2-3 sec to save after I end the recording using a toshiba SDHC 8GB Class 6 card. Otherwise the shorter ones take less than a second. As far review of raw shots, it was instantaneous on my K-x. In fact when I set it to record both raw and jpeg, there was no discernible delay in saving the files during use. But then again, I am not those "power" user so what is fast to me may be slow to those used to sandsik extreme III type of users.:)
But be reminded the video on the k-x is not as good as the K7 obviously from the specs and i confirmed it visually but still much better than the 640x480 video found on most pnS cameras.

Thumbs up to your reply to my questions! =) thanks so much! now i can safely go for the class 6's =)

Well, if you are confident with your paint skill, I am even more confident the lens is safe with proper taped with no liability attached. I am willing to pay a fee too to cover your paint effort. But clear top paint coat must be applied to prevent peel.

I have airbrush and all, but I don't think I'm that handy with it...
And dare not be responsible for your equipments.... :s

I believe the kit lens is not painted white or red but moulded from coloured polycarbonate plastic.
So there is no surface paint to remove or strip away. Any airbrushing will need some form of clear matt lacquer protection to ensure the spray paint doesn't wear away from rubbing over time.
Anyway colored camera so nice why want to paint some more... :confused:

Clear top coat protection doesn't last forever too...
I have had the top coat worn off some of my model kits already... :(

Ok, value for $, pentax wins hands down. But how is the k-x autofocus compared with the D90? I don't see much comparisons for this. I am getting my 1st DSLR soon and am undecided btwn the 2. Or even as a whole how i pentax's entire lineup autofocus vs the competition?(In case of future upgrades) From what i can gather, the higher end nikon like d300 has 51 autofocus points, how about pentax?

11 point max. I see no point in 51 point, no-one else is competing with C/N for AF. btw I am a manual focus user, I have unlimited AF points :bsmilie:

Ok, value for $, pentax wins hands down. But how is the k-x autofocus compared with the D90? I don't see much comparisons for this. I am getting my 1st DSLR soon and am undecided btwn the 2. Or even as a whole how i pentax's entire lineup autofocus vs the competition?(In case of future upgrades) From what i can gather, the higher end nikon like d300 has 51 autofocus points, how about pentax?

In most real-life situations, no problem. The current K-7, K-x models' AF are fast enough for practically anything you're shooting. I think you can see from our outing gallery shots (eg. wakeboarding event) that Pentax's AF is up to the mark.

If you're doing more 'extreme' shooting, such as sports or very fast-paced action or similar, of course D300 wins. Then definitely, go for Nikon.

i think a D300 suits u more...

yup, like shooting flies in mid-air for example :bsmilie: Most AF systems are more than capable..

Status
Not open for further replies.