Just got back from x-men

Status
Not open for further replies.
knpan said:
crap, juggernaut is not a mutant, and he still loses his powers when he goes near the small boy who has the ability to temporarily "off" mutant powers at a close proximity. juggernaut is not a mutant!

Ya, Juggernaut is not a mutant. He only got his powers from his helmet.

the power isnt from his helmet. its from a gem he touched. its "build in".

The Juggernaut gets his power from the Crimson Ruby of Cyttorak. However in the Ultimate Marvel Juggernaut is a mutant. So which marvel world the movie is base is anybodies guess.

Saw the ending liaoz. abit disapointed cos it's so short, less than 15 second. Does not explain what happened. :think:

espn said:
Yeah, I'm sure you caught the chess piece moving ya? ;) and if you stayed till past the ending credits, you'd have gotten a glimpse of something else too.

Can tell me what is that? :dunno:

smtan24 said:
The Juggernaut gets his power from the Crimson Ruby of Cyttorak. However in the Ultimate Marvel Juggernaut is a mutant. So which marvel world the movie is base is anybodies guess.

If memeory serves I think Juggernaut aka Dr Xiaver's brother did get his power from the gem - it transformed him. Charles Xiaver was I tend affected in a similar fashion save in his case he became telephatic. His injury that confines him to a wheel chair was caused by his brother after the transformation into Juggernaut.

those x-men character should wear colorful costume same as the comic books, instead of black suit

man, lots of xmen fans here!!

my favourite series was the one of the brood!!

anyway, the movie was so-so to me, it's nice to see them try to characterize our comic heroes, but have to cringe at times and let it pass as artistic license!! =)

as an ex-follower of the comic series, i would say that i thought that the best cast in movie i would have to say is patrick stewart as dr.x and rebecca romijn as mystique.

not so good casting options (imho) are ian mckellen as magneto and hugh jackman as wolverine. sir ian mckellen was gandalf, man!!! did not come across as the dark sinister magneto… maybe it was the “gay” helmet, but he came across as an uncle figure trying to organize CNY dinner. wolverine, i'm sure is many ppls favourite character, short, rough canadian, cigar smoke, beer drinking, act-first think-later... mr.leopold did not cut it for me.

worst character development in the movie (no justice to the original comic character) - phoenix, cyclops and juggernaut.

but it was good to see it on the big screen... brings back the memories. can't wait for 4 (s4pro too)!!

Cactus jACK said:
man, lots of xmen fans here!!

my favourite series was the one of the brood!!

anyway, the movie was so-so to me, it's nice to see them try to characterize our comic heroes, but have to cringe at times and let it pass as artistic license!! =)

as an ex-follower of the comic series, i would say that i thought that the best cast in movie i would have to say is patrick stewart as dr.x and rebecca romijn as mystique.

not so good casting options (imho) are ian mckellen as magneto and hugh jackman as wolverine. sir ian mckellen was gandalf, man!!! did not come across as the dark sinister magneto… maybe it was the “gay” helmet, but he came across as an uncle figure trying to organize CNY dinner. wolverine, i'm sure is many ppls favourite character, short, rough canadian, cigar smoke, beer drinking, act-first think-later... mr.leopold did not cut it for me.

worst character development in the movie (no justice to the original comic character) - phoenix, cyclops and juggernaut.

but it was good to see it on the big screen... brings back the memories. can't wait for 4 (s4pro too)!!

I don't think it was the cast problem. It was the directors fault. The first 2 x-men were great under Bryan Singer. Brett Ratner basically sucks.

Vilya said:
Saw the ending liaoz. abit disapointed cos it's so short, less than 15 second. Does not explain what happened. :think:
not much to explain right? they hinted at what was going to happen quite early in the movie...

smtan24 said:
I don't think it was the cast problem. It was the directors fault. The first 2 x-men were great under Bryan Singer. Brett Ratner basically sucks.
I second that... Disappoint in the character development and making it more cheesy. Furthermore, the ending of XM2 doesn't tie in with XM3. Remember the last scene in XM2 where Prof-X smiled? If Dark Phoenix is so dangerous, why did he smile?!? :dunno: :rolleyes:

Watcher said:
I second that... Disappoint in the character development and making it more cheesy. Furthermore, the ending of XM2 doesn't tie in with XM3. Remember the last scene in XM2 where Prof-X smiled? If Dark Phoenix is so dangerous, why did he smile?!? :dunno: :rolleyes:

he smiled at wolvarine because he knew at that instant that he would be transported into another body.

the "nurse" who was taking care of him was Dr. Moira.

it is probably why at the same time, his body got destroyed because his mind stop battling against pheonix.

pai said:
not much to explain right? they hinted at what was going to happen quite early in the movie...

Ya, but thought he not said it was ethically wrong to do so? I still wan to know what happened on the lake after the kiss.

Vilya said:
Ya, but thought he not said it was ethically wrong to do so? I still wan to know what happened on the lake after the kiss.

of course scotts died, he became ash, just like the others being killed by jean grey telepatically

trlnlty said:
he smiled at wolvarine because he knew at that instant that he would be transported into another body.

the "nurse" who was taking care of him was Dr. Moira.

it is probably why at the same time, his body got destroyed because his mind stop battling against pheonix.
No no, I meant in XM 2, the previous one? Remember the ending, after all of them were grieving for Jean Grey?

Magnet man is Gandolf .. Cool.. what is the white wizard doing there ? Fusion both shows named.. XRings.. cool .. :sweat:

knpan said:
of course scotts died, he became ash, just like the others being killed by jean grey telepatically

Does not make sense, cos cyke is kissing her and not attacking her like professor X. I think at first she try to control cyke's powers but somehow lost control and he hit her with full blast accidentally, ofcourse she blocked it with her telekenetic powers but the concussion knocked both of them apart and vaporized part of the lake, thats why it's so misty when storm arrived hehe.

think tht part could be cut?

prof X didnt say it was ethically wrong, he just asked if it is wrong and where to draw the ethical line

Vilya said:
Does not make sense, cos cyke is kissing her and not attacking her like professor X. I think at first she try to control cyke's powers but somehow lost control and he hit her with full blast accidentally, ofcourse she blocked it with her telekenetic powers but the concussion knocked both of them apart and vaporized part of the lake, thats why it's so misty when storm arrived hehe.

hey i did not piece that part together. makes some sense now. but the part where u said she lost control of cyclops "infa red" :bsmilie: beam doesnt make sense. she was able to minimise the whole thing already.

Status
Not open for further replies.