Just a small enquiry and would appreciate some expertise answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh... i didnt click on the link to read more. pardon my ignorance... but 2 pro bodies? damn it's gonna be a challenge... for glass get 3 50 f/1.8d can anot? :x

ROFL!!!! So body how? 2 x D300???

Yea I notice that too but unfair, D7000 not in the list!!! LOL.... but aiya, either way I am far far far far far from it la. And also the Cat 1-3, means I can forget it cos I am doing this only as a hobby.

D7000 is more like a serious hobbyist kind of cam I think. And being pro doesn't mean you have to own all those:)

ok let's try registering at NPS with 2 d100/d200/d300(s) n 3 50 f/1.8d :bsmilie: the most budget way to be part of NPS :x

All the bodies have lifespan one, they won't be considered for NPS after a period of time

D7000 is more like a serious hobbyist kind of cam I think. And being pro doesn't mean you have to own all those:)

totally agree. Sometimes, my friend made better shots with her iPhone than me with my D7K. Anyway, Catchlights say it well, not about the gears but enjoy your moment of shooting, that is more important.

Kaypoh... why you switching camp har? What did you not like about Canon?

Maybe not wat he/she not like about Canon but more of what he/she like more about Nikon? Sometimes its as simple as change of personal preference, i dun tink any camera brand can be said to be superior in every aspect over another. Alot of ppl jump btw C and N camps.

Maybe not wat he/she not like about Canon but more of what he/she like more about Nikon? Sometimes its as simple as change of personal preference, i dun tink any camera brand can be said to be superior in every aspect over another. Alot of ppl jump btw C and N camps.

Just beware of the "GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE" syndrome.

NB: I am in the Nikon camp.

Nostalgraphy said:
Dun have to feel bad, bro, the 18-55 non VR SUCKS!!! haha... at least to me la (and there is a possibility that it is my fault). My prints show bad distortion and images are not sharp. I sold it and may want to consider the Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 - unless this Sat win toto, then buy Nikon 16-35 LOLz.

BTW, all the Nikon gurus here, how do you actually define PRO lenses in Nikon? e.g. is my 28-300 pro? is 24-120 f/4 pro? to me, both answers are like no. But I suspect the golden ring is the trade mark for it, fair statement?

I find it to be quite good ley. Quite reasonably sharp to my eyes. Maybe you got a bad copy? It is a ED Lens ley. LOL.

With regards to what is pro or non pro lenses, Nikon maintains a list actually. You should be able to find it somewhere in the NPS requirements.

kriegsketten said:
So that means 50mm f/1.8D is PRO GLASS!

There is actually a list out there in some Nikon website. I've seen it before. Can try to google for it.

And yes, they have effective dates for the cam and lens models. For eg d200 and 80-200 are no longer considered.

Last edited:
.... I think it's just bragging rights ...

well this is what they stated on their webbie:

NPS Singapore aims to keep photographers shooting through priority and privileged services including free sensor cleaning*, priority repairs and equipment loans, decrease their TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) through support and equipment loans at major sporting events, and foster a community and network where Nikon professionals can continuously work with Nikon to advance the art of photography through a combination of skills and equipment.

*Services provided may vary by NPS office and by event. Certain services may not be availabla in all countries.

original link: http://nps.nikon.com.sg/pages/aboutus.asp

well this is what they stated on their webbie:

original link: http://nps.nikon.com.sg/pages/aboutus.asp

Nikon now charges a service fee even when item is under warranty:

"All costs, including mail, transportation, insurance and other incidental charges in relation to repair work, are at your expense. All other claims of any nature are not covered."

NPS waives this?

Nikon now charges a service fee even when item is under warranty:

"All costs, including mail, transportation, insurance and other incidental charges in relation to repair work, are at your expense. All other claims of any nature are not covered."

NPS waives this?

I would guess so

Status
Not open for further replies.