Just a small enquiry and would appreciate some expertise answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is what they stated on their webbie:

original link: http://nps.nikon.com.sg/pages/aboutus.asp

Thank you, then I'm right! I think some of these are valued by those who truly need them (professionals, which I'm not). One of my peers is an official shooter for Sepang track circuit... if Nikon is an official supporter for a particular race (and they have service booths there), these photographers will receive free tech support and services from Nikon on the spot, and maybe even equipment loans when theirs break down. This is probably one of the benefits of being a member in NPS... and yes, he is an NPS member of Nikon Malaysia. Its not just for Nikon, Canon have similar services too.

anyways... NIKON the nps might be something handy to have... never know when u need priority service when urgent... reminds me of banks also having such services for their priority guest... such as no need queue

Last edited:
There is actually a list out there in some Nikon website. I've seen it before. Can try to google for it.

And yes, they have effective dates for the cam and lens models. For eg d200 and 80-200 are no longer considered.

I've tried googling for it... came up naught. Maybe I've used the wrong search parameters. :p If you have gotten the link, please share!

i wish Sony had a professional service line too. it seems like they don't >.<

I've tried googling for it... came up naught. Maybe I've used the wrong search parameters. :p If you have gotten the link, please share!

I don't have it anymore. I remember it was linked by Nikon Rumors, where they are talking about the rumored piece of equipment, and how the time cycle is running out due to the dates specified on NPS equipment list requirement...

there is also discount on the service charges. :)

The loan equipment svc is the one I use most. While we all have backup lenses and bodies, some lenses are just impossible to backup - the cost outweights the benefit eg D3. I cannot justify the cost of a spare D3s. While the DX bodies will fill in for the FX bodies there is a difference when it comes to focal length at the wide angle end.

Perhaps I should migrate the whole system to FX. Resisted doing so because the DX AF area covers almost whole viewfinder and the 1.5 crop is pretty useful.

Bro... time back out when you can! Going deeper isn't going to make you feel any better! See? You're already showing signs of withdrawal symptoms! :bsmilie: The fact that you're showing up here shows you're feeling remorseful now... :p Come, come to the dark side... *evil grin* *cough* It is a lot easier to share panning skills when we're on the same platform...*cough*

Last edited:
Bro... time back out when you can! Going deeper isn't going to make you feel any better! See? You're already showing signs of withdrawal symptoms! :bsmilie: The fact that you're showing up here shows you're feeling remorseful now... :p Come, come to the dark side... *evil grin* *cough* It is a lot easier to share panning skills when we're on the same platform...*cough*

HAHA you can't poison me!

Hokay! Don't say I didn't try. Here's wishing you a happy sink-deeper journey! :bsmilie: But the dark side is always open for all, 24/7 all year round...

but CZ lenses with AF will bind me to the bright orange :bsmilie:

Yellow + Red = Orange :bsmilie:

can i kindly checked with you, did you already checked with sony that they dont have a professional service line...
do you consider endorsement by sony being a professional service line...

twisted illusion said:
can i kindly checked with you, did you already checked with sony that they dont have a professional service line...

Think he works for Sony. :sweatsm:

Anyone start provoking any Moderators will get an immediate Ban from ClubSNAP.

HUH. didn't i state that i believe that Sony doesn't have a service for professionals like Canon or Nikon? why don't you call up yourself and ask. i have no idea myself. but it's what i think, there isn't any

Think he works for Sony. :sweatsm:

you mean me? i wish! hahaha. why don't you work for sony and buy me my CZ lens! hahaha

one thing the Admins/mods will never tolerate is harassment of members. if you want to pick a fight, do it offline. if you want to do it here, we will usher you out. permanently.

this thread has gone far enough, and despite catchlights' gentle reminder, some just dun get it. thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.