just a quick 'survey'...(cars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

:eek::bigeyes::eek:

I much prefer it this way:

2_nospoiler002_2.jpg

Sorry, I have no idea what you said. I speak English, not Singlish.

Ok. Please go back to Melbourne to speak your english ok.:) I will remember to turn my "angmoh" switch on when I visit Melbourne.

But in the meantime, SINGLISH FTW:lovegrin:

:cheergal::cheergal::cheergal:

I much prefer it this way:

2_nospoiler002_2.jpg

you know....the gtr is designed for the air flow to flow to the rear wing for downforce.i remember reading it somewhere.
to remove the rear wing...errr...what's the point?other than less drag for faster 1.4 mile?:dunno:
the kick of driving the gtr is it's ability to handle corners imho.:embrass:

Anyway, anyone here knows where to buy a GTR badge?

I wanna stick it on the back n front of that Mercedes Benz bus I take everyday:lovegrin:

Hehe, then i get my cool ride everyday for eh 69cents??:bsmilie:

you know....the gtr is designed for the air flow to flow to the rear wing for downforce.i remember reading it somewhere.
to remove the rear wing...errr...what's the point?other than less drag for faster 1.4 mile?:dunno:
the kick of driving the gtr is it's ability to handle corners imho.:embrass:

I prefer it that way for looks I should say.

If I had a GTR I wouldn't remove the spoiler either. The hazards of too many years of studying aerodynamics...

Anyway, aerodynamic grip is but one part of the equation. I'd rather put more emphasis on mechanical grip. Spoilers and other aerodynamic aids work best when the airflow is perpendicular to the length - sometimes in corners the car drifts/slips and the airflow then switches direction and is no longer flowing straight over the aids. This will cause a sudden/momentary loss in aerodynamic grip and if the car was too dependent on it, will then also experience a sudden loss in overall grip. The Nissan engineers are well aware of this - hence the small-ish wing on the R35.

I prefer it that way for looks I should say.

If I had a GTR I wouldn't remove the spoiler either. The hazards of too many years of studying aerodynamics...

Anyway, aerodynamic grip is but one part of the equation. I'd rather put more emphasis on mechanical grip. Spoilers and other aerodynamic aids work best when the airflow is perpendicular to the length - sometimes in corners the car drifts/slips and the airflow then switches direction and is no longer flowing straight over the aids. This will cause a sudden/momentary loss in aerodynamic grip and if the car was too dependent on it, will then also experience a sudden loss in overall grip. The Nissan engineers are well aware of this - hence the small-ish wing on the R35.

ic.
thanks for the insight.
love this thread.glad i started it!...

yes, i also wondered why initially for godzilla, they place such a small wing on it.
i think amuse has a replacement wing which is as tall as the previous sti one.

well, i guess people care more for looks, and less for aero.
not everyone understands aero though.it's too technical i would say.
so i know who to speak to if i want to add bodykits.
;)

yes, i also wondered why initially for godzilla, they place such a small wing on it.
i think amuse has a replacement wing which is as tall as the previous sti one.

well, i guess people care more for looks, and less for aero.
not everyone understands aero though.it's too technical i would say.
so i know who to speak to if i want to add bodykits.
;)

I think it was way back during the R34 days when I read the Nissan engineers' take on the rear wing. They could have made it a lot bigger but decided not to depend too much on aerodynamic grip. The effectiveness of aerodynamic aids increases with speed - the higher the car's speed, the harder the wings push the car down.

So can you imagine, you take a corner at high speed because you know you have that huge rear wing giving you grip... then you push it just that little bit too far and the car starts to oversteer - airflow over the wing changes direction is now close to parallel to the wing, rendering the wing all but useless and you have suddenly lost a large portion of your grip....

Anyway, you know what Ferrari used to say - aerodynamics is for people who cannot design engines.... :bsmilie:

Bodykits - actually the GT-R looks great and balanced as it is. I'd leave it alone if I had one. I haven't yet seen a kit which doesn't 'scream'.... But then again I haven't really been looking at many GT-R kits.... :p

I think it was way back during the R34 days when I read the Nissan engineers' take on the rear wing. They could have made it a lot bigger but decided not to depend too much on aerodynamic grip. The effectiveness of aerodynamic aids increases with speed - the higher the car's speed, the harder the wings push the car down.

So can you imagine, you take a corner at high speed because you know you have that huge rear wing giving you grip... then you push it just that little bit too far and the car starts to oversteer - airflow over the wing changes direction is now close to parallel to the wing, rendering the wing all but useless and you have suddenly lost a large portion of your grip....

Anyway, you know what Ferrari used to say - aerodynamics is for people who cannot design engines.... :bsmilie:
Bodykits - actually the GT-R looks great and balanced as it is. I'd leave it alone if I had one. I haven't yet seen a kit which doesn't 'scream'.... But then again I haven't really been looking at many GT-R kits.... :p

:bigeyes: So snobbish arh?:nono:

Hehe, then their F1 car why so many aerodynamics thingy?? Then why they need to copy the rear diffuser thingy from BrawnGP?? I think, now become they dunno how to design engines liao:bsmilie:

breyton,
did you happen to watch the clip from top gear on the koenisegg ccxr?the car which didnt had a rear wing and stig crashed it.
a few months later they tested the car again with e wing slap on and he took the corner perfectly.

so, am i right to say though rear wing gives downforce at high speeds, BUT it is a risk to overestimate the grip and if you push it further, your cause of crash could be due to the rear wing??:dunno:

so does that mean ferraris cant design engines?
the f430's wing mirrors are designed to channel air into the air duct for the engine which is rear mounted.
aero plays such a large part in super cars.
look at veyron.it even has a automatic retractable rear wing.

Ok. Please go back to Melbourne to speak your english ok.:) I will remember to turn my "angmoh" switch on when I visit Melbourne.

:bigeyes:So snobbish arh?:nono:

anyway i would agree with Breyton here that mechanical grip wins over aerodynamic grip. guess we need to find a harmonic balance in this area.

personally. i would prefer the GTR as it is.

Cheers
Shaz

:bigeyes:So snobbish arh?:nono:

anyway i would agree with Breyton here that mechanical grip wins over aerodynamic grip. guess we need to find a harmonic balance in this area.

personally. i would prefer the GTR as it is.

Cheers
Shaz

Lol.... No lor. My intended tone is suppose to be calm one:bsmilie:

But, hey look at it, we need to embrace the local culture wherever u go to. Don't expect the local culture to change for u right? It's just basic respect for the local community.:thumbsup:

Lol.... No lor. My intended tone is suppose to be calm one:bsmilie:

But, hey look at it, we need to embrace the local culture wherever u go to. Don't expect the local culture to change for u right? It's just basic respect for the local community.:thumbsup:
you embrace local culture whereever you are. but you also must welcome those who are not local. your way only leaves bad impression of the local culture. it is basic respect the foreigners expects of the locals.d if you cant give respect to others, then noone will respect you in return.

Cheers
Shaz

you embrace local culture whereever you are. but you also must welcome those who are not local. your way only leaves bad impression of the local culture. it is basic respect the foreigners expects of the locals.d if you cant give respect to others, then noone will respect you in return.

Cheers
Shaz

I think u might wanna read thru the sequence of the posts before commenting.... Who on earth here didn't welcome him until he made those "stick in the mud" comments(and definitely not showing basic respect to anyone here in the first place)? Many have told him not to take it too seriously. Each have their own views.... But he simply went on and on....

Anyway, I think we should not crash jeanie's thread n OT too much here. Let's tok abt cars instead and dun spoilt the mood here ok;)

Cheers!:)

his stick in the mud comments are his own views. like you say each has their own views.
if youve got a bone to pick with melbourneguy, why dont you just talk about it straight to his face instead of making such snide petty comments? you sound like some spoilt little brat. This is my own view.

TS. glad you gotten your GTR. are you gg to invest in a car rig to get shots of your car?

:cheergal::cheergal::cheergal:

honestly, I found that a little insulting considering how I am a) a Singaporean based in Melbourne, and b) a Singaporean who strives to ensure that foreigners do not have the mindset about us that we all speak and behave like Phua Chu Kang did on the Amazing Race.

can you please settle your beef privately? please?

his stick in the mud comments are his own views. like you say each has their own views.
if youve got a bone to pick with melbourneguy, why dont you just talk about it straight to his face instead of making such snide petty comments? you sound like some spoilt little brat. This is my own view.

TS. glad you gotten your GTR. are you gg to invest in a car rig to get shots of your car?

honestly, I found that a little insulting considering how I am a) a Singaporean based in Melbourne, and b) a Singaporean who strives to ensure that foreigners do not have the mindset about us that we all speak and behave like Phua Chu Kang did on the Amazing Race.

can you please settle your beef privately? please?

Ok, guys. If u guys are offended in anyway. I sincerely apologize.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.