JI detainee does a prison break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hongsien,

Just because my avatar has a lady does not mean I'm a lady. Did my 2.5 years of NS.

denniskee,

It's in the Newpaper with drawings and it's two urinal with a door.

Wierd design.. Why would urinals need door in the first place? Who wants to see? Looks like it has been designed with the intention for someone to escape. :bsmilie: So far none of the male toilets I've been in has this feature.

"Don't pull a Mas Selamat on me ah..." ==> Don't run away ah...
"You always Mas Selamat lah..." ==> You always missing lah...
"Why you so Mas Selamat???" ==> Why you take so long in the toilet???

hahaha.

"Why u so Gurkha?" => blur sotong, must ask higher authority before doing things.

strange, they peg thier salaries to the coporate world yet do not peg thier accountilbility to coparate governence.

I wonder what punishment the 2 gurkas and supervisor will get? Sacked, demoted, or carreer death. How about the top ppl? Should'nt they take responsibilities as well...:thumbsd:

Precisely.

And the headlines in ST papers today front page. PM Lee says "Resignation will not solve the problem".

Another witty technique at diverting our attention on the real issues.

Sure resignation won't solve it. But that does not mean the person in higher authority should get away. It's not an offence on its own, but it's certainly a grave mistake. Basically, resignation is symbolic to show the person is not capable of leading and a better, more responsible person has to be in place. He's a leader, he may not make the serious mistake directly on his own, but he rules over the organization, he has to take the buck.

Resignation also is a clear signal that just becos you are some top minister doesn't mean you can be lax in your job. Afterall, you are justified by the government to be paid so much. No wonder LTA recently can "suka suka" pass down some taxi rules without consideration for the bigger repercussions involved. And then "suka suka" retract them when they finally use their brains to see the citizens are not happy and the plan simply won't work. These officials are protected in their jobs. They know even if they make a bad decision, they won't easily lose their posts.

You mean as Home Minister Wong KS has never set foot on the detention center where a dangerous man is being kept to have a walk around? And to see things are (NOT) in order? Instead, a 1.56m limping man could capitalize on the many loopholes of the poor security to devise a simple plan to escape under the (un)watchful eyes of the guards.

This is one big fine example of how things are run here.

Ok ok, before I sound like I'm whining, we all know the situation. We can only talk, but the status quo continues, unless there is a change in mindset.

As Singaporeans, at the end of the day, life goes on for us. We have personal problems to attend to, family matters to see. Despite all the complaints and hoo-hahs and tons of letters poured in all over to ST Forum, we will still all mind our business and let our dear goverment run the show. 1-2 months from now, it's just another story in singahpoh.

Precisely.

And the headlines in ST papers today front page. PM Lee says "Resignation will not solve the problem".

Another witty technique at diverting our attention on the real issues.

Sure resignation won't solve it. But that does not mean the person in higher authority should get away. It's not an offence on its own, but it's certainly a grave mistake. Basically, resignation is symbolic to show the person is not capable of leading and a better, more responsible person has to be in place. He's a leader, he may not make the serious mistake directly on his own, but he rules over the organization, he has to take the buck.

Resignation also is a clear signal that just becos you are some top minister doesn't mean you can be lax in your job. Afterall, you are justified by the government to be paid so much. No wonder LTA recently can "suka suka" pass down some taxi rules without consideration for the bigger repercussions involved. And then "suka suka" retract them when they finally use their brains to see the citizens are not happy and the plan simply won't work. These officials are protected in their jobs. They know even if they make a bad decision, they won't easily lose their posts.

You mean as Home Minister Wong KS has never set foot on the detention center where a dangerous man is being kept to have a walk around? And to see things are (NOT) in order? Instead, a 1.56m limping man could capitalize on the many loopholes of the poor security to devise a simple plan to escape under the (un)watchful eyes of the guards.

This is one big fine example of how things are run here.

Ok ok, before I sound like I'm whining, we all know the situation. We can only talk, but the status quo continues, unless there is a change in mindset.

As Singaporeans, at the end of the day, life goes on for us. We have personal problems to attend to, family matters to see. Despite all the complaints and hoo-hahs and tons of letters poured in all over to ST Forum, we will still all mind our business and let our dear goverment run the show. 1-2 months from now, it's just another story in singahpoh.

I think, initiative is not there. Always wait for mistake to happen, then act.

this precisely (and ironically) sums up my view on why there is no such need for any resignation move. i have always been extremely amused when CEOs resign, when ministers resign - it's all about symbolic moves, isn't it?

"i take responsbility even when it isn't my fault" - is that fundamentally right? i think we have become so embroiled by reports of this extremely warped culture that now we are demanding for it. and can you say it is not warped? so if a policeman shoots somebody on the street, his supervisor should resign?

certainly this example here is probably considered to be much more severe than a policeman shooting somebody on a street - it is a horrible lapse no doubt.

but since when did CEOs resigning solve any problem? since when did ministers resigning correct a screw-up? certainly, it may not be good politics, but that's for the party to handle, not you or me. otherwise, if we take a breather, and look from it objectively, i think you'd see that in matters of attributing responsibility, other than a "symbolic gesture", which i think we should be above, resigning solves nothing. zilch.

It was an honest mistake.
He keeps his job, you keep your job.
Everyone is happy.
Let's move on

:cool:

old story here....

Once upon a time, there were four people:

Their names were Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody.
Whenever there was an important job to be done, Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

When Nobody did it, Everybody got angry because it was Everybody's job.
Everybody thought that Somebody would do it, but Nobody realized that Nobody would do it.
So consequently Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done in the first place.

old story here....

Whenever there was an important job to be done, Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Everybody thought that Somebody would do it, but Nobody realized that Nobody would do it.
So consequently Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done in the first place.

:bsmilie:
tongue twister..
wat's the faster record to read this?:think:

old story here....

"Somebody gonna get hurt reaaaal baaadd....somebody...I am not going to say who..." - Russell Peters

oh well, mayb e contractor should resign eh?... :devil:

Everyone is happy.
Let's move on

You forget...More good years!!!:bsmilie:

Everyone is happy.
Let's move on

There's honest mistake and there's honest mistake. This is NOT an honest mistake.

As a former PNSF it is pretty embrassing.... but that's just me. The folks on the ground that day is not the only weakness to the whole incident. Much higher up within the Police and ISD has to held accountable for as much the blame if not more for it.

Everyone is happy.
Let's move on

If we think that by moving on, the threat to Singapore national security from Jemaah Islamiyah (JI) Mas Selamat Kastari will be disappear? Please think TWICE. In the report, Mas Selamat had been studing the security loop hole, testing it. He made many careful planning, when he took action, free he went. This is not a good news, the threat still there.

How to "Let's move on" that Mas Selamat not surrender himself to the Whitley Road Detention Centre. Since this is not going to happen, who is happy now?

maybe ji members are select group that has high iq and eq. so even under arrest in a secured place, they are still able to keep their cool, con the athority into believing they are co-operating, while testing for loop holes for their escape.

lets face it, will you be able to escape?

Status
Not open for further replies.