[Jeffrey] Learning Journey for Landscapes.

hi jeffrey!
im a newbie photographer, just 1 month or so into photography.
can i ask you how you captured #104?
im trying to learn how to take water reflections..
it will be nice if i could learn from you! could you please tell me your iso, shutter speed and aperture settings?
im a 550D user with 18-55mm lenses only. do tell me if you used other external equipment..
thank you!

Hi jiong wei, thanks for drop by. I also is a newbie in photography for around 4mth. Happy to know u. I most willing to share whatever I know with u. For #104 I using B+W ND110 filter. ISO 100 and aperture f/16. Shutter speed need to cal every time u using ND110. If can we go shoot next time I share with u some more.

Last edited:
Hi Jeff

Pictures 18,19,20 & 21, jus wonder how do shot the street lighting ( Star light shape ) & what setting & gear you are using. Finally nice series.

Regards
Mymax

This was built after I left Singapore but what is that thing???? Great shot though but I'm really confused at the design of this building, "ugly" came to mind first followed by "unique" to be politically correct (and before the mods come and give me another warning).

Hi jiong wei, thanks for drop by. I also is a newbie in photography for around 4mth. Happy to know u. I most willing to share whatever I know with u. For #104 I using B+W ND110 filter. ISO 100 and aperture f/16. Shutter speed need to cal every time u using ND110. If can we go shoot next time I share with u some more.

haha! nice to meet you. im just a kid. so don't expect too much from me.
to tell you the truth, i only meddled with my camera for 3 days, the rest "1 month" were like researching on cameras... anyway what's this B+W? isit a brand of a type? anyway what camera and lens were you using ah?
im trying to search for a wide angle lens for scenery, put on my wishlist only. my camera nobody fund me, all i pay alone. D:

Hi Jeff

Pictures 18,19,20 & 21, jus wonder how do shot the street lighting ( Star light shape ) & what setting & gear you are using. Finally nice series.

Regards
Mymax

Thanks Mymax! If not wrong 18-21 I was using 10-22 uwa and 18-135 kit lens. For setting I can't remember now because now at work place. Will let u know again. For star light shape just don't use any filter on the lens.

This was built after I left Singapore but what is that thing???? Great shot though but I'm really confused at the design of this building, "ugly" came to mind first followed by "unique" to be politically correct (and before the mods come and give me another warning).

Thanks MRSAMO for drop by, this is a hotel and call Marina Bay Sands. For the design I can't say much, only can say is unique.

to tell you the truth, i only meddled with my camera for 3 days, the rest "1 month" were like researching on cameras... anyway what's this B+W? isit a brand of a type? anyway what camera and lens were you using ah?
im trying to search for a wide angle lens for scenery, put on my wishlist only. my camera nobody fund me, all i pay alone. D:

ND110 or similar filters

Purpose: Decrease value of shutter speed, mostly used when shooting landscapes under a hot and sunny day. Long Shutter Speed under day light allows a nice effect, where the clouds and skies are strected..

What types of 10 stop or similar filters are there ?
- B+W ND110
- Hoya ND400
- Kenko ND400

What Ultra Wide Angle Lens are there ?

- Canon EF-S 10-22mm
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 -- WHICH I am getting
- Sigma 10-20mm
- Tamron 10-24mm
- Samyang 14mm f/2.8 -- I own this, freaking sharp !!!!

Thanks jiongwei for re-visit my thread. Age and how long u in photograph is not really inportant for me. As long we have same hobby can Liao. For wide angle Len I can't really say which 1 is gd. But for me I only will choose canon 10-22 or tokina 11-16. For B+W is the brand. Hope to meet up with u soon.

ND110 or similar filters

Purpose: Decrease value of shutter speed, mostly used when shooting landscapes under a hot and sunny day. Long Shutter Speed under day light allows a nice effect, where the clouds and skies are strected..

What types of 10 stop or similar filters are there ?
- B+W ND110
- Hoya ND400
- Kenko ND400

What Ultra Wide Angle Lens are there ?

- Canon EF-S 10-22mm
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 -- WHICH I am getting
- Sigma 10-20mm
- Tamron 10-24mm
- Samyang 14mm f/2.8 -- I own this, freaking sharp !!!!

Thanks! :) (long time no see, hope to meet up soon.)

Thanks! :) (long time no see, hope to meet up soon.)

No problem bro.

Your shots have been improving. Making a very good excuse for a 5D Mark II and 16-35mm f/2.8 ??? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

No problem bro.

Your shots have been improving. Making a very good excuse for a 5D Mark II and 16-35mm f/2.8 ??? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Lol... My shorts still normal only, still got long way to go. But I also planing to buy, But not this few year. Need to save money for my house and wedding 1st. Hehe. Maybe u can get it 1st. Hehe... :devil:

Last edited:
Lol... My shorts still normal only, still got long way to go. But I also planing to buy, But not this few year. Need to save money for my house and wedding 1st. Hehe. Maybe u can get it 1st. Hehe... :devil:

I want one but too bad I will get a car first.. else no car = more difficult to shoot sun rise ...

You sure you are newbie or not..HAHA..if you are newbie i am nothing.

great photos btw!:)

You sure you are newbie or not..HAHA..if you are newbie i am nothing.

great photos btw!:)

Thanks bro flyfox drop by man! lol... I start my learning in mid Aug 2010. So is around 4mth lo, So newbie lo. Hehe... :)

Last edited:
Thanks Mymax! If not wrong 18-21 I was using 10-22 uwa and 18-135 kit lens. For setting I can't remember now because now at work place. Will let u know again. For star light shape just don't use any filter on the lens.

18-21 I using Canon 10-22 UWA lens. And setting is f/16, ISO 100 and shutter speed around (25-30)s.

From here Start all will be Year 2011 Learning Journey

1st day of Year 2011 Sunrise
#109.
5314705818_b1b4117cb6_b.jpg

#110.
5314107877_68fab9648f_b.jpg

#111.
5314106503_7545a0ca12_b.jpg

Catch Fish or trying to get the sun???

Sad can't see the sun on 7/1/11. Therefore this is what I get. Thanks for viewing. Any feedback is most welcome.

#112. The sky still dark.
5331301989_9ccd3ce6b6_b.jpg

#113. Going to morning.
5331305199_f1c608a78f_b.jpg

#114.
5331918958_32fb7061f4_b.jpg

#115.
5331303921_e06d2fb6f3_b.jpg