[Jeffrey] Learning Journey for Landscapes.

love your sunrise pic! i wonder wad time u woke up to get there!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Jeffrey!
Good to see that you're eagerly shooting on a regular basis! :) Keep it up!

I would like to suggest 2 things for you going forward:
1) Try to use simpler borders for your photos. The 'fuzzy' border is a bit gimmicky, and gets tiring after a while. Something simple like a contrasting solid colour would be fine.
2) Be careful of colour variations when presenting a series of photos taken at same location. For example, #46 and #47 look so different. The magenta in #47 is too strong and unnatural already.

Hi ZerocoolAstra! Thanks for drop by and give me some suggest to improve. I will take note about the borders next time and will be more careful about the same series colour. Really happy u will drop by and thanks again. :)

love your sunrise pic! i wonder wad time u woke up to get there!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Mamimo for like my photo.if the place far from my home or did not go before I will wake up around 4am. If near my place and go before will around 5am. :)

:thumbsup: wow your photos growing and getting better .

Hi Jeffrey, may I know how you get the blue skies for #10? (the flyer)
What time did you shoot that? Most of my photos the skies are greyish.. :dunno:

Hi Jeffrey, may I know how you get the blue skies for #10? (the flyer)

Hi sculder! The photo if not wrong was take around 6pm. I use a cpl with adjust the WB to get this sky color. Setting for this 1/100s, f/4.5 and ISO 100. Hope this help ans ur Q. ;)

Ooowww IC.. All this time I thot 5-6PM will be yellowish bcos of the sunset effect.
Will try that on my next try. Thanks for the lesson bro ;)

Ooowww IC.. All this time I thot 5-6PM will be yellowish bcos of the sunset effect.
Will try that on my next try. Thanks for the lesson bro ;)

Np bro! Thanks for drop by. Don't say I give a lesson la. I just sharing my knowledge with u. Maybe next time need ur help. Keep shooting and learn for the mistake. :)

I like #53 and #54. Where's the location this time?
You're making a lot of effort by waking up so early! :thumbsup:

I like #53 and #54. Where's the location this time?
You're making a lot of effort by waking up so early! :thumbsup:

Thanks gnohz! This time at Pandan reservoir. I got no choice afternoon need to company gf so only morning is free. Hehe... :)

Thanks for your reply! No wonder I find it the photos so familiar :p I believe you're shooting from the other side of the reservoir, from Teban :)

Thanks for your reply! No wonder I find it the photos so familiar :p I believe you're shooting from the other side of the reservoir, from Teban :)

Ya u r right! I shoot from Teban. hehe..:)

Composition needs a re-think for this one, as overall I think it's a nice photo, but not really 'wow', if you get what I mean. HDB flats don't seem to make for rather nice subjects, especially when presented this way (as a row of blocks). Nothing too eye-catching about their architecture :)
The sun looks nice, but the sky is kinda empty, so having its reflection as well makes the photo kinda bland. Most of it is empty space that doesn't seem to add to the photo.

Composition needs a re-think for this one, as overall I think it's a nice photo, but not really 'wow', if you get what I mean. HDB flats don't seem to make for rather nice subjects, especially when presented this way (as a row of blocks). Nothing too eye-catching about their architecture :)
The sun looks nice, but the sky is kinda empty, so having its reflection as well makes the photo kinda bland. Most of it is empty space that doesn't seem to add to the photo.

Thanks ZerocoolAstra for the feedback! After see ur message I think I abit know what u trying to tell me. I will try to improve my skill on composition my photo. Exmaple like foreground and background right?:)

recent outing to Woodlands Waterfront?

After seeing numerous photos of the place on CS, I would have to say that this location is not quite so 'photogenic' :)
... in the sense that it's just a jetty with some fairly interesting lamp-posts, and water, and buildings on the opposite shore.
:think:
Unfortunately,
1) sunset wasn't great that day (sky looked a bit drab)
2) there really isn't any strong foreground element

#60 shows a reflection of something in the water, but I can't see anything in the sky... so the reflection looks out of place.

Thanks ZerocoolAstra for drop by again and give my work some feedback. Yes, yesterday go outing in woodland waterfront. For #60 I agreen with u the shoot not so gd. But this is the total 3 photo I taken. So just post up and hope to get some feedback to improvement. Thanks again for so helpful to me. :)