(Jacq) A Photo Once A While

Status
Not open for further replies.
zaren said:
did u PP the original sized pic? :think:

no lei. why lei? :confused:

Jacq said:
no lei. why lei? :confused:

resizing the pic should be done last. if u PP a smaller JPEG image u will get JPEG artifacts and "graininess".

zaren said:
resizing the pic should be done last. if u PP a smaller JPEG image u will get JPEG artifacts and "graininess".

OIC, noted, tks. All my pix taken tat day seems grainy to me......... me dun know why :dunno: how to "fix" the graininess?

Jacq said:
OIC, noted, tks. All my pix taken tat day seems grainy to me......... me dun know why :dunno: how to "fix" the graininess?

prolly becos u shot at high iso due to the low light, which results in "noisier" or "grainier" images. u can try a noise reduction software like noise ninja to make it less noisy/grainy during PP.

very nice on the last pic.. though a newbie myself but i love ur pic very much.. well done.. a move to the left shud do the trick.. i think...

xkingx said:
very nice on the last pic.. though a newbie myself but i love ur pic very much.. well done..
tks xkingx for your kind words n loving my pix......... still lots more for me to learn from the masters & pros here.

xkingx said:
a move to the left shud do the trick.. i think...
a move to the left ????............ :bigeyes: I'll be in the waters :bsmilie:

a move to the left ????............ :bigeyes: I'll be in the waters :bsmilie:

lol.. wasn't asking u to move to the left.. i mean move the angle to a bit left.. :embrass: lol.. anyway.. nice one..:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jacq said:
Sunrise @ Changi Board Walk

IMG_0675a.jpg
You can correct it a bit using curves, but it may take a bit of time to find the right balance. If u're using PS, u can use the shadow/highlight function under image to reduce the hightlight/hotspots/overexposed area in a limited way. But there's a compromise ... ur image will look flatter & grainier, so use it sparingly ;)

Here's my attempt at tweeking ur pic using that function:
60305230.jacq.jpg

Another pix from Changi Board Walk.

IMG_0670a.jpg

Well done.. truly brings out the romance between the two birds.. the two alone love birds is emphasized by the shadow.. like it very much.. keep it up..

xkingx said:
Well done.. truly brings out the romance between the two birds.. the two alone love birds is emphasized by the shadow.. like it very much.. keep it up..

Tks, xkingx.

Think it would have been better if the the bird on the left is more define.
As it perhaps , that we can see the tail like the one on the right :)

Hi guys, just got back from Cherating, Kuantan.

Tks Phillip, agree tat it's grainy. Tat's wat I told you after the shoot lor.

Tks KK, I like the leafy thingy, but the 2 birdies too in love liao, so bo bian........ ;p

Ths Kaganesti, I take note in future when I shoot something similar.

Here's another of the Changi Sunrise. this one, I think, not only grainy but a little blur rite?

IMG_0690a.jpg

Yep, just a touch grainy... but kinda adds to the mood. What ISO were you on?

Would also recommend that you not cut off their butts in the future... :bsmilie:

philliptan said:
Yep, just a touch grainy... but kinda adds to the mood. What ISO were you on?

Would also recommend that you not cut off their butts in the future... :bsmilie:

ya, saw the cutted butt after I posted........... :embrass:

Tks Phillip. Still waiting for lesson on GIMP.

Here's my first pix from Cherating.

IMG_0802a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.