(Jacq) A Photo Once A While

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacq

Feb 20, 2006
Me very new to photography :embrass: , so critiques & comments of all kinds greatly appreciated.

Here's my FIRST post, hopefully not my last..... :)

IMG_0246.jpg

yay! finally! welcome to APAD! :cheergal:

zaren said:
yay! finally! welcome to APAD! :cheergal:

Thanks Zaren, for the warm welcome......... need lots of advice, critiques & comments from pro like you. No comments on my first post?

Jacq said:
Thanks Zaren, for the warm welcome......... need lots of advice, critiques & comments from pro like you. No comments on my first post?

i think u must like skies and clouds a lot! it's not easy to compose just with tree branches and sky in the pic. one suggestion is to isolate one single tree in your pic and to silhouette it against the dramatic skies in the background. or to shoot a wider landscape with a whole line of trees in the distant horizon. keep shooting and exploring new angles!

Jacq said:
Me very new to photography :embrass: , so critiques & comments of all kinds greatly appreciated.

Here's my FIRST post, hopefully not my last..... :)

IMG_0246.jpg

:) :thumbsup:

zaren said:
i think u must like skies and clouds a lot!.....
hi Zaren, yes i love clouds n skies...... ok, noted your advice. will keep exploring. keep me posted when u start a class for newbies like me...... :D

knoxknocks said:
Hello there. Any C&C from you?

drakko said:
:) :thumbsup:
Thanks Drakko.

Welcome zha bor! Finally bit the bullet eh?

As Zaren said, it's very difficult to compose well with just trees and skies... :sweat: Singapore too much trees to do it properly. Very cluttered. Next time I know where to bring you liao...

Like the texture of this pix........ tried to adjust the colour to get a richer feel but somehow just can't seems to get it right.

IMG_0385.jpg

to get a richer feel..u can try reducing gamma and increasing contrast, e.g.
59682284.jpg

drumma said:
welcome and hello! :)
Hello Drumma, thks for the welcome

philliptan said:
Welcome zha bor! Finally bit the bullet eh?

As Zaren said, it's very difficult to compose well with just trees and skies... Singapore too much trees to do it properly. Very cluttered. Next time I know where to bring you liao...
Hi there, tks n looking forward for our next meeting up.
Btw, the cloudy pix was taken on a day me rushing for work cos weather started to change. But couldn't resist not to snap the little contrast in the sky........ therefore that pix.

philliptan said:
Now this one I like a lot.
took this after going thru Zaren's thread and very inspired by his common scene but extraordinary feel pix :bigeyes: ........ of course, I'm FAR from his standard lah..........:(

zaren said:
to get a richer feel..u can try reducing gamma and increasing contrast, e.g.
59682284.jpg

see tat's wat I mean, u always do magical touch to my pix...... tat's wat I exactly was trying to achieve. tks for editing.

Jacq said:
see tat's wat I mean, u always do magical touch to my pix...... tat's wat I exactly was trying to achieve. tks for editing.

Maybe our next meetup should be a lesson in GIMP. :) Pro Zaren does it again! :)

Jacq said:
Like the texture of this pix........ tried to adjust the colour to get a richer feel but somehow just can't seems to get it right.

IMG_0385.jpg

agree with zaren. a constrast and sat boost would make this a winner! well spotted! :thumbsup:

knoxknocks said:
agree with zaren. a constrast and sat boost would make this a winner! well spotted! :thumbsup:

Tks for your encouragement...... need lotsa C & C from u guys to improve........

Here's for today - 07/05/06 (Latch)
Saw this while attending the Canon free training...... like the rustic feel, so decided to put my manual focus "skill" to test .... but FAILED !!! :( :embrass:

IMG_0481a.jpg

Wat u PROs say?

Try the new method of manual focusing I showed you the next time you go...

But actually the OOF can be quite interesting in this sepia style...

took this cos i like the "netted" feel

IMG_00722a.jpg

Jacq said:
Tks for your encouragement...... need lotsa C & C from u guys to improve........

Here's for today - 07/05/06 (Latch)
Saw this while attending the Canon free training...... like the rustic feel, so decided to put my manual focus "skill" to test .... but FAILED !!! :( :embrass:

IMG_0481a.jpg

Wat u PROs say?

the latch makes an interesting subject.... this is a kind of image that is fun to experiment in post-processing. what i've done here is to convert it to a negative with a darker more contrasty blue hue, so that it evokes a cold, dank, prison feel.
59973490.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.