(Jacq) A Photo Once A While

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro Zaren, pls tell me wat exactly did u do to have tat WOW effect
pls remb me still in infancy on photography........ :) PP is real alien to me lei.

philliptan said:
Ger, next time (not tomorrow) I bring out my laptop and teach you some PP, ok?

Pro Zaren is really good with it. :)

Sounds excellent (if Pro Zaren can come along better still) :D ......... but gotta wait till next mth liao....... see ya tmrw.

Jacq said:
Pro Zaren, pls tell me wat exactly did u do to have tat WOW effect
pls remb me still in infancy on photography........ :) PP is real alien to me lei.

err...i'm not pro lah! there are real pros in CS!
i did 3 steps with ur pic.. (using Irfanview)
1. convert pic to "negative"
2. decrease gamma to 0.35
5. increase contrast to 50

that's it! simple, right? u can experiment to play ard with swapping colours even, to see which effect u like best!

:)

zaren said:
err...i'm not pro lah! there are real pros in CS!
i did 3 steps with ur pic.. (using Irfanview)
1. convert pic to "negative"
2. decrease gamma to 0.35
5. increase contrast to 50

that's it! simple, right? u can experiment to play ard with swapping colours even, to see which effect u like best!

:)

haha....master lor :)

Took this at SBG quite some time back

IMG_0571a.jpg

Jacq said:

IMG_0571a.jpg

love the colours, esp of the rocks. this is a tough shot to meter as a few of the small leaves are overexposed. one way is to meter for the highlights (spot-meter the most brightly lit leaf) and let the darkly coloured rocks be slightly underexposed.

zaren said:
love the colours, esp of the rocks. this is a tough shot to meter as a few of the small leaves are overexposed. one way is to meter for the highlights (spot-meter the most brightly lit leaf) and let the darkly coloured rocks be slightly underexposed.

Tks for loving the colors. did a little PP (can't remb exactly wat I did though) basis wat u tot me on my earlier rock/pebbles post.

Wat's spot-meter? :dunno:

Jacq said:
Tks for loving the colors. did a little PP (can't remb exactly wat I did though) basis wat u tot me on my earlier rock/pebbles post.

Wat's spot-meter? :dunno:

the built-in spot-meter in your camera is to determine the exposure of the photo based on a small circular area (spot) placed in the middle of the viewfinder. in this pic, the leaves are very bright compared to the rocks, you can switch the metering mode on the camera to "spot metering mode" and determine the exposure based on the brightly-lit leaf. this will enable u to capture the details of the leaf, while the rocks will appear underexposed and darker. u can read more about the spot-meter function in your camera's manual.

Sunrise @ Changi Board Walk

IMG_0675a.jpg

Jacq said:

IMG_0675a.jpg

nice silhouettes of the poles as well as gradation of colours in the sky. the clump of trees at bottom right distracts a bit from the poles though.

Jacq said:

IMG_0675a.jpg

hi jacq, this pic is so cool! i love the colours. really, this pic is better than my shot.
when is our next shooting? i'm still waiting for phillip's postings.

Jacq said:

IMG_0571a.jpg

i love this one too! great colours and details:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tks guys, did PP the pix lah, otherwise............ :eek:

But the pix seems grainy rite?

Hi Drakko, next shooting? probably next month of Jul, at least for me............

ya lah, tat PT take so long to process his pix........... but his flowers pix all post so fast......

knoxknocks said:
oh, very nice! agree with zaren on the trees though

tks KK. Tat's the best I could go, else i gotta swim & shoot to avoid the clump of trees.......... :bsmilie:

Beautiful sunset! :thumbsup: The trees don't really bother me ;) But, part of the sky seems to be overexposed ...

wiz23 said:
Beautiful sunset! :thumbsup: The trees don't really bother me ;) But, part of the sky seems to be overexposed ...

Thanks Wiz23. Sunset??? no lei, it's sunrise hor....... :bsmilie: sarcrificed my precious sleep lei....... :cry:

Saw the overexposed too, but didn't know how to correct it thru the curves. me newbie, teach me please............ :) TIA

Jacq said:
Tks guys, did PP the pix lah, otherwise............ :eek:

But the pix seems grainy rite?

did u PP the original sized pic? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.