IXUS 30 and 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dotti said:
i'm also interested in getting the IXUS 40..but i am quite concerned about battery life.. any complains about it?

all slim batt are like that.. sure cannot last whole day.
Best is to buy a spare 900mAH or 980mAH compatible batt
$30-45 only.

For those still interested...i got my ixus40 today at Bestcam...it was $610

daphz said:

Hey! Me too! I got it during lunch :) Wondering how many they sell a day ;)

Btw, it's the same price as yours. Upgrade to 256MB SD for S$30, bought a 3rd party battery and a pouch.

daphz said:

Welcome to the Canon family. :bsmilie:

Ling said:
Hey! Me too! I got it during lunch :) Wondering how many they sell a day ;)

Btw, it's the same price as yours. Upgrade to 256MB SD for S$30, bought a 3rd party battery and a pouch.

Welcome to the Canon family. :bsmilie:

fyi, according to http://www.canon.com.sg/index.cfm?fuseaction=dcam-promotion

"To celebrate our 25 years in Singapore with you, we'll love to make you a winner in our 25th Anniversary Appreciation Draw*. From 10th Nov '04 to 28th Feb '05, simply spend a minimum of $50 on Canon products and you'll stand a chance to win a brand new LEXUS 300, plus lots of other irresistible prizes! What's more, we're congratulating all customers who turn 25 this year with a birthday surprise. Just buy any featured product and you'll receive an extra year's local warranty plus a mystery gift. It's just our way of saying a big thanks to all our wonderful customers."

just realise got this extra year's local warranty plus a mystery gift.

i turned 25 in 2004, bought my ixus 40 in mid-dec and went to canon customer service to collect the freebies. i dont know that need to register the warranty and they never inform me to register and about the extra year's local warranty.

called up canon and they told me to bring down my receipt, warranty card and IC by 7th jan 05 to warrant the extra 1 year warranty.

sianz, now got to make extra trip down to harbourfront to settle this thing. dunno what was the customer service officer doing.

just fyi for those that missed out on this also. hope this helps!

jc777 said:

"To celebrate our 25 years in Singapore with you, we'll love to make you a winner in our 25th Anniversary Appreciation Draw*. From 10th Nov '04 to 28th Feb '05, simply spend a minimum of $50 on Canon products and you'll stand a chance to win a brand new LEXUS 300, plus lots of other irresistible prizes! What's more, we're congratulating all customers who turn 25 this year with a birthday surprise. Just buy any featured product and you'll receive an extra year's local warranty plus a mystery gift. It's just our way of saying a big thanks to all our wonderful customers."

just realise got this extra year's local warranty plus a mystery gift.

i turned 25 in 2004, bought my ixus 40 in mid-dec and went to canon customer service to collect the freebies. i dont know that need to register the warranty and they never inform me to register and about the extra year's local warranty.

called up canon and they told me to bring down my receipt, warranty card and IC by 7th jan 05 to warrant the extra 1 year warranty.

sianz, now got to make extra trip down to harbourfront to settle this thing. dunno what was the customer service officer doing.

Actually u cant realli blame the customer service ppl lah....how they know u r 25 yrs old?...it is actually up to the consumers to check up the promo themselves one mah...actually also pity them...tat time went to collect gifts, they like so biz like tat...dun tink they have the time or chance to keep telling each customer abt this extended warranty stuff....

btw I also got the extended warranty.. :bsmilie: ...and the mystery gift is a golf umbrella....bo liao rite?... :bsmilie:

Just bought mine @BestCam today.

I paid $790 for the following items:
- Canon IXUS 40
- SanDisk 1G SD Card
- 1 3rd party spare battery
- 1 Lowepro (model is Rezo 10)

Was it a decent deal?

nyxx88 said:
Just bought mine @BestCam today.

I paid $790 for the following items:
- Canon IXUS 40
- SanDisk 1G SD Card
- 1 3rd party spare battery
- 1 Lowepro (model is Rezo 10)

Was it a decent deal?

nope you got ripped off abt $20-30.

since you buy already, just enjoy and shoot, dun bother abt it.

Oh? Ok :(.

You're right, no point regretting. I supposed the rip off happened when I started buying everything from the shop huh?

Initially, he quoted me $745 for camera & 1G card, then $30 for the spare battery & $15 for the Lowepro carrier.

jc777 said:

What's the mystery gift? :dunno:

Dear nyxx18...

I just went to Sim Lim Square on Monday.

Following should be the breakdown of what you will pay individually:

1GB Sandisk SD card = $148
Lowepro 10 = $15
IXUS40 = < $610
3rd party batt = $30

scramblur11 said:
Actually u cant realli blame the customer service ppl lah....how they know u r 25 yrs old?...it is actually up to the consumers to check up the promo themselves one mah...actually also pity them...tat time went to collect gifts, they like so biz like tat...dun tink they have the time or chance to keep telling each customer abt this extended warranty stuff....

btw I also got the extended warranty.. :bsmilie: ...and the mystery gift is a golf umbrella....bo liao rite?... :bsmilie:

by the way, how did they warrant the extra 1 year warranty? they will check your IC then print out a warranty cert with 2 years warranty from day of purchase?

Malcolmneo said:
Dear nyxx18...

I just went to Sim Lim Square on Monday.

Following should be the breakdown of what you will pay individually:

1GB Sandisk SD card = $148
Lowepro 10 = $15
IXUS40 = < $610
3rd party batt = $30

Thanx for the breakdown :). The damage doesn't sound too bad.

Had to bargain a bit before I got the whole bundle at $790.

ricleo said:
do tell us what's the mystery gift ok? :)
went down to canon during lunchtime to get my extra year's local warranty plus the mystery gift. as what scramblur11 said the mystery gift is a golf umbrella, very big, can leave in office and use when heavy rain :thumbsup:

what they did was stamped "extended one year warranty" on both the receipt and warranty card, photostated them and my IC. the guy said they will update their system accordingly. anyway, hope my camera will not spoil at all :bsmilie:

25 years old in 2004 or 2005?

daphz said:
25 years old in 2004 or 2005?
daphz 25 years old in 2005?

strictly should be 25 in 2004, because canon had 25 years anniversary in 2004. but maybe you wanna try your luck and perhaps they will overlook that and give you the warranty etc? :dunno:

yeah I'm 25 in 2005...

anyway i haven't received my warranty card, no point going :(

daphz said:
yeah I'm 25 in 2005...

anyway i haven't received my warranty card, no point going :(
how come havent receive warranty card? thought it should come together with the camera, inside the box? got 2 portion, one send back canon, the other retain by customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.