iTouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of you....yes, Ipods are overpriced devices...lack of features, poor batt life (and non-replaceable. even if it was, replacement is ex), poor SQ, stupid iTunes i/f, cannot be a USB device, cool design etc.....

.....but then I bought a 16gb and it was fun watching Youtube, doing the Safari....., surfing was a breeze with absolutuely no lag time, great portability with no risk of damaging the hdd.

My 39gb Archos 604 is now meant for home use
My 8gb Zen is meant MP3 and the Touch primarily for surfing, photo albums and MP3 as backup.

My only gripe is the %$#@$% sound quality as Creative/Meizu/iRiver/Cowon SQ totally pawnz the ipods....

Design wise, ipods are more zen than Creative's.

I totally agree with you about the lack of features of the iPods, but iTunes is actually quite good for me, it's a place where I can conveiently shop for music, although the movie selection aren't that great.

As for sonund quality, the iPods aren't that bad, but they are definitely not as good as iRiver and Creative.

However, the drool factor of an iPod, especially the Touch, is definitely streets ahead of any of its competitors. And being a Macuser for decades, the integration with my Macs are quite flawless.

Me too, I've gotten the Touch out f curiosity and I've found myself caressing it to sleep every night. :) I use it to watch videos on the go, or in situation when my children are asleep in the room and I dun want to wake them up. I've got to listen to podcasts everynight before I sleep.:)

Now that i've gotten the Touch, I'm gonna use my 5G iPod video for storage of pics that I'll be taking from my impending overseas trip, as a backup to my CF cards.

My wife and son are still having the old nanos....perhaps time to buy them a Touch too? :p

i saw the itouch.it was indeed a cool product but really a pity that it comes in 8 and 16 gb only.

i have 2 ipod videos which are near 50gb and they are both nearly full.

i understand the itouch is a wifi gadget, but, how do i surf the web with it without inserting sim card ah?can someone enlighten me please?

i saw the itouch.it was indeed a cool product but really a pity that it comes in 8 and 16 gb only.

i understand the itouch is a wifi gadget, but, how do i surf the web with it without inserting sim card ah?can someone enlighten me please?

You don't need sim card to surf the web.
What you need is a wifi network eg wireless@sg.

sorry i sound stupid because i'm really not into the technical details.

but must i subscribe to any service provider in order to surf with it?

and how would i know if i get one i am actually within the surfing zone?

sorry i sound stupid because i'm really not into the technical details.

but must i subscribe to any service provider in order to surf with it?

and how would i know if i get one i am actually within the surfing zone?

You can check this.
It's free.

I find that generally people find value-for-money in the features of the product and not the design of the product.

Not many people would appreciate design and are willing to pay money for it.

We are a practical lot, just give me powerful features!

The beautifully craved form factor and the well designed software interface are also part of the cost which people are not willing to pay.

I totally agree with you about the lack of features of the iPods, but iTunes is actually quite good for me, it's a place where I can conveiently shop for music, although the movie selection aren't that great.

As for sonund quality, the iPods aren't that bad, but they are definitely not as good as iRiver and Creative.

However, the drool factor of an iPod, especially the Touch, is definitely streets ahead of any of its competitors. And being a Macuser for decades, the integration with my Macs are quite flawless.

Me too, I've gotten the Touch out f curiosity and I've found myself caressing it to sleep every night. :) I use it to watch videos on the go, or in situation when my children are asleep in the room and I dun want to wake them up. I've got to listen to podcasts everynight before I sleep.:)

Now that i've gotten the Touch, I'm gonna use my 5G iPod video for storage of pics that I'll be taking from my impending overseas trip, as a backup to my CF cards.

My wife and son are still having the old nanos....perhaps time to buy them a Touch too? :p

iTunes doesn't like Singaporean credit cards!!! Unless you have a foreign one but I guess you do... :cry:

I have to go puy prepaid account at ituneshop.net...

I find that generally people find value-for-money in the features of the product and not the design of the product.

Not many people would appreciate design and are willing to pay money for it.

We are a practical lot, just give me powerful features!

The beautifully craved form factor and the well designed software interface are also part of the cost which people are not willing to pay.

I think you statement is wrong in MP3 land.... Look at the dominance of ipod.... common sense will tell you OTHER brands has more features but ipod is rule in terms of sale and by a HUGE margin.

I think you statement is wrong in MP3 land.... Look at the dominance of ipod.... common sense will tell you OTHER brands has more features but ipod is rule in terms of sale and by a HUGE margin.

Agree....it's a sad fact but that's the reality......lots of dumbers out there (I'm one) who goes for looks/designs over features.:cry:

Yeah, me too. :) iPods are actually more than decent la, but technically not the best out there.

Agree....it's a sad fact but that's the reality......lots of dumbers out there (I'm one) who goes for looks/designs over features.:cry:

I dun find anything wrong with going for looks and design. :embrass:

I can't even fill up my 2GB iPod nano, so 8GB is a bonus for me. ;p

Maybe I'm old liao. Now days, I prefer simple things with nice design rather than things that are bloated with lots of features. Old people like me cannot learn to use so many features.

i think 1 main selling point of ipod is probably the design. people pay for the brand and the design.
For such features, i would prefer the Archos 605 Wifi pmp. Bulkier but i think its powerful. lol..

i think 1 main selling point of ipod is probably the design. people pay for the brand and the design.
For such features, i would prefer the Archos 605 Wifi pmp. Bulkier but i think its powerful. lol..

ya but I heard the local pricing of the archos 605 really sucks... like that you are forced to the parallel import route. I am looking at the 405 as it is more portable.

i would run out and get the iPod if it has built-in FM. this is one feature which i utilise most in a mobile entertainment unit. don't know why apple is still reluctant to include this feature in upto today. strange.

i lost my ipod :( :( :( duno if i should get the old version of nano, a creative stone plus, or a psp. not likely to get itouch, if scratch, heart break.

i do agree about the memory capacity. 16gb is definitely too small. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.