Is there any add on lens for Canon A20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siewsphone

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
As above. Please Help.

If yes, I think I will take Canon A20 instead of FujiFilm 2800 Zoom.

Thanks advance.

Yes, but it's 3rd party, and it's not cheap.

What type of add-on lens? Good teleconverters would be expensive and make the setp-up (A20 ples teleconverter) more expensive than the 2800. Plus the teleconverter will likely block the view finder.

Hmm the way the costs add up you may eventually find the olympus c700 within your price range.

Originally posted by Sphoenix
Hmm the way the costs add up you may eventually find the olympus c700 within your price range.

May I know roughly how much?

Thanks

lens adapter plus vitacon 2.5x TC and vitacon wide/macro lens = $220

Originally posted by hackie
lens adapter plus vitacon 2.5x TC and vitacon wide/macro lens = $220

Try to get other TC if you could. The Vitacon one is only 1.5x. I just sold 2 away for $110 total....

Originally posted by Sphoenix

:D

Either that or go straight for the Fuji FP2800z (6x zoom).

;)

Originally posted by mpenza

Try to get other TC if you could. The Vitacon one is only 1.5x. I just sold 2 away for $110 total....

ya.. i was juz qouting an estimated price of addon lens. :p
but still, other TCs also not cheap.. my A20 plus lens adds up to $900 plus a yr ago... sigh.... should have gotten a 10x DC in the 1st place... sigh..

Adding teleconverter will block the flash and the view finder. Factoring in the cost, you would be better off getting a camera with bigger zoom.

However, the Fujifilm 2800 and A20 are basically point and shoot and can't take very good night shots. You might want to consider other models (which won't necessarily cost more) if you want more manual controls (when necessary. almost all digicams can function as a point and shoot) and want better night shots.

You might want to consider other models (which won't necessarily cost more) if you want more manual controls (when necessary. almost all digicams can function as a point and shoot) and want better night shots. [/B]

Can give some examples?

Thanks

2 I can think of which cost less than $800:
Casio QV2400UX (~$600)
Casio QV2900UX (~$700)
Olympus C2040 ($750 at John 3:16)

Hi mpenza ... so outa the Oly 2040 and the Casio 2900 .. which in ya opinon makes a betta cam ??? ... the 2900 hafz betta zoom capabilities ... but I am not sure of its other capabilities as compared to the 2040 ~

Perhaps I start with the shortcomings of the QV2900UX:
1. lack of optical viewfinder (I don't find it bothersome though)
2. slow flash recharge (I've gotten an external flash)
3. short coverage range for the flash (I have an external flash for occassions when I need to use the flash a lot, e.g. weddings)
3. no bracketing mode
4. no burst mode
5. short duration of movie clip without sound
6. slow lens, requires tripod when the lighting is dim and you don't want to use the flash
7. some jaggies for high contrast images

Maybe others can list out the shortcomings of the C2040?

You might want to change the title to QV2900UX vs C2040 to attract more attention ;p

Originally posted by mpenza
Perhaps I start with the shortcomings of the QV2900UX:
1. lack of optical viewfinder (I don't find it bothersome though)
2. slow flash recharge (I've gotten an external flash)
3. short coverage range for the flash (I have an external flash for occassions when I need to use the flash a lot, e.g. weddings)
3. no bracketing mode
4. no burst mode
5. short duration of movie clip without sound
6. slow lens, requires tripod when the lighting is dim and you don't want to use the flash
7. some jaggies for high contrast images

Maybe others can list out the shortcomings of the C2040?

You might want to change the title to QV2900UX vs C2040 to attract more attention ;p

Thankz for the feedback mpenza ... guess the 2040 will beat the 2900 in night capability ... if oni they built a hyrid digicam of the 2900, 2040 and the 2800 ... ahhh ... den things wld be much easier :D

Status
Not open for further replies.