Is there a web browser that recognise color management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
I have always noted that red color is a tricky color to handle, but only now i saw the great disparity between my original output and that which appears on the browser. I'm using opera now. it appears that with or without application of srgb conversion, the loss of color on web is the same for both situation.

DSC_9019fcfjrt.jpg

the shirt is supposedly deep vermilion red. but once out of the photoshop, using any other software or web browser to open, it turns brownish orange. do you guys have any suggestion? i'm using xp by the way. monitor is color calibrated.

Hi Zoosh, have you tried Safari for Windows?

On my Mac, it looks really red on Safari, though I can't say for sure it is the same for Windows.

what color space do you output your pics with? if you were working in adobe rgb from capture through PP and finally output in srgb, there would definitlely be a loss of colors, especially the richer tones as srgb is a smaller color space.

firefox 3 and safari are examples of color-managed browsers that work in srgb. srgb is the safest bet, even though the majority of net users probably are on IE, which i don't believe is color-managed.

what color space do you output your pics with? if you were working in adobe rgb from capture through PP and finally output in srgb, there would definitlely be a loss of colors, especially the richer tones as srgb is a smaller color space.

firefox 3 and safari are examples of color-managed browsers that work in srgb. srgb is the safest bet, even though the majority of net users probably are on IE, which i don't believe is color-managed.

using raw conversion without change of profile (adobe rgb), then i did two version, one is without change of profile, one is converted to srgb, both lose colors in opera. tried safari, yes indeed is color managed but still prefer opera for other matters.

Great read. :thumbsup:
I have this problem as well, and it is pretty much of a headache for me.
Will try out safari and see how it manages.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.