Is there a law against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah liew...this thread replies is faster than i tot...faster than what i had posted for the T|T's :eek: :eek:

There are alot of actions that might not have the law against them but more of a question of morale values.

And this just happens to be one of them

There may not be a law against it but any upright person who has proper values would not do such things

For me, I guess it will all boil down to how the photos are used.

Which is why "celebrities" have no say in having their photos taken...

Yaya....I know that they are celebrities....then again, if there was a law against this....

A lot of the streetshooters here need to bang wall liao..::confused:

Originally posted by dragos

Yaya....I know that they are celebrities....then again, if there was a law against this....

:eek:

* togu buy plaster for streeshooter... :p

Originally posted by dragos

I suppose celebrities LOVE the papparazi?
They LOVE having their pictures taken in clubs, on the beach, doing things they may consider private?

Taking proper photos at ceremonies and taking papparazi shots are two diferent things u know

Something to add-on.

In fact we photographing lovers should be be happy that there isn't laws limiting such issues.

Imagine, if guys are on the street shooting really INNOCENT sceneries and just happens that our camera is pointing the directions of a lady. No doubt we have the picture in our camera to prove our innocence, but wouldn't it such a stressful situation if we have to be going in and out of the police station everytime some lady misconcepts that we are shooting them? Who will still dare to go out with a camera?

So, such issues really is dependent on individual maturity and sensibility. If you feel something is not right, reason it out right away. Demand in a nice way to have the pictures deleted. I'm sure many people are just being mischievious without any evil intentions. Otherwise, they'd be putting video cameras in paper bags rather than exposing a camera for the whole world to see.

Originally posted by nutz
Something to add-on.

In fact we photographing lovers should be be happy that there isn't laws limiting such issues.

Imagine, if guys are on the street shooting really INNOCENT sceneries and just happens that our camera is pointing the directions of a lady. No doubt we have the picture in our camera to prove our innocence, but wouldn't it such a stressful situation if we have to be going in and out of the police station everytime some lady misconcepts that we are shooting them? Who will still dare to go out with a camera?

So, such issues really is dependent on individual maturity and sensibility. If you feel something is not right, reason it out right away. Demand in a nice way to have the pictures deleted. I'm sure many people are just being mischievious without any evil intentions. Otherwise, they'd be putting video cameras in paper bags rather than exposing a camera for the whole world to see.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Something to add-on.

that is not the damn point!
Aarggh..is it so hard to understand?
Streetshooting is street shooting,
taking sneaky shots under the table of GIRLS only with no apparent composition or shot in mind is NOT streetshooting

Originally posted by FLiNcHY

that is not the damn point!
Aarggh..is it so hard to understand?
Streetshooting is street shooting,
taking sneaky shots under the table of GIRLS only with no apparent composition or shot in mind is NOT streetshooting
Go to Sg girls .com and tell me whether those shots are streetshooting or just plain sneakiness?

I am beginning to get lose here... now we are talking about sggirls liao...

Originally posted by FLiNcHY

Go to Sg girls .com and tell me whether those shots are streetshooting or just plain sneakiness?

I agree with you Flinchy on the definition of streetshooting and voyeurism.
But streetshooting is a term, if i'm not wrong common in the photographing industry.
Try telling the outrage lady in the street that you'r doing streetshooting.

You've got to realise that not everybody shares the same perception. Every individuals holds different perspective to one same subject.

Anyway, i'm not here to conclude who's right or wrong or what should be.
Just expressing my opinions that's all.

I can understand your frustration, you are after all trying to protect the privacy of your friends. For that, you more than deserve a pat on your back.

But chill, it's still the CNY, Chingay tonight. Go out and have fun with your cam.

Good Day.

Originally posted by ivor
I am beginning to get lose here... now we are talking about sggirls liao...

* togu is beginning to wonder why pple wants to go sggirls then. What's the difference between enjoying the pictures there and shooting the pictures, morally?

:(

No, I just don't understand why is he keep saying sggirls and point at sggirls site to us...

In fact, I don't even know of such site until he point to me...

Originally posted by togu

* togu is beginning to wonder why pple wants to go sggirls then. What's the difference between enjoying the pictures there and shooting the pictures, morally?

:(

I agree with you Flinchy on the definition of streetshooting and voyeurism.
But streetshooting is a term, if i'm not wrong common in the photographing industry.
Try telling the outrage lady in the street that you'r doing streetshooting.

You've got to realise that not everybody shares the same perception. Every individuals holds different perspective to one same subject.

Anyway, i'm not here to conclude who's right or wrong or what should be.
Just expressing my opinions that's all.

I can understand your frustration, you are after all trying to protect the privacy of your friends. For that, you more than deserve a pat on your back.

But chill, it's still the CNY, Chingay tonight. Go out and have fun with your cam.

Good Day.
ah yes! The term Voyeurism,, it was somewhere at the back of my head

I'm sure people won't mind streetshooters taking photos of them if it is done with professionalism and photography in mind

But taking cheap snapshots secretly can hardly be considered photography

Originally posted by ivor
No, I just don't understand why is he keep saying sggirls and point at sggirls site to us...

In fact, I don't even know of such site until he point to me...

Hehe, both of us knows, the truth is out there! :devil:

but surely, is there not an element of voyeurism in street photos too?

Status
Not open for further replies.