Is there a law against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by FLiNcHY

There is a distinct difference from streetshooting and sneaky shooting

Ya but for some of Streetshooter's shots its also done secretly ie shooting from the hip - just that its not that kind of boliao shots of gals like those u find in sggals

Public nuisance.
268. A person is guilty of a public nuisance, who does any act, or is guilty of an illegal omission, which causes any common injury, danger or annoyance to the public, or to the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or which must necessarily cause injury, obstruction, danger or annoyance to persons who may have occasion to use any public right.

Explanation.
A common nuisance is not excused on the ground that it causes some convenience or advantage.

This is about the only section of the Penal Code which can be broadly interpreted to mean that it is against the law to take pictures of pretty girls in public. But only if the girl is annoyed by the action.

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

Ya but for some of Streetshooter's shots its also done secretly ie shooting from the hip - just that its not that kind of boliao shots of gals like those u find in sggals
i don't think he uses his palms to hide his cam in case the subject sees him

I don't he secretly puts his camera under the table to hide it from view while taking shots does he?

Originally posted by kindred

@@

wah lau...how can u do this man...???!!

how can u compare our tomshen and Streetshooter with those ppl...?

they cannot be compare in anyways lah...

:dunno:

ya their photos badly underexposed n somemore not in position man!

u never say i also dunno sggirls hav spread that far liao. they hav really gone too far liao this time. :angry:

I'll find it
I have access to the penal code
I will combat these dirty scumbags!

Wah, you have access to penal code har?

Actually, everyone also have lar....

http://agcvldb4.agc.gov.sg/

Interesting that a search for "invasion of privacy" throws up NOTHING. I guess otherwise government cannot function liaw... :devil:

i don't think he uses his palms to hide his cam in case the subject sees him

I don't he secretly puts his camera under the table to hide it from view while taking shots does he?

if the end result is the same(shot taken of pretty gal without her knowing) is there a difference?

:(

* togu wonders why someone with a warrant card don't know how to deal with such unpleasant issues....

I think it's all a matter of the places and the type of photo.

First of all, you friends are in a PUBLIC places, hence there isn't much of privacy to talk about.

Chapter 338,
Meaning of obscene
3. For the purposes of this Act, a publication is obscene if its effect or (where the publication comprises 2 or more distinct parts or items) the effect of any one of its parts or items is, if taken as a whole, such as to tend to deprave and corrupt persons who are likely, having regard to all relevant circumstances, to read, see or hear the matter contained or embodied in it.

Secondly, as the pictures are of fully clothed persons, it cannot be categorised as obscene publication or material which might be offending in any way. Plus, there is no CRIMINAL forces involved in the process of the phototaking. Nor any purpose intention to conceal the camera. Hence, if you wanna take this to court, i'm afraid there isn't really much of a case.

In dealing with such matters, it should be more of civil reasoning than legal actions. You should approach the persons involved there and then and sort things out.

Imagine if they were really taken to court. They could argue that they were snapping pictures of the place and these women just happens to walk by. It's a situation impossible to define on the lines of legality.

Just my 2 cents worth, no offences i hope.

Originally posted by maddog

if the end result is the same(shot taken of pretty gal without her knowing) is there a difference?

so whats the diff between

and
12341742.jpg

Don't come and tell me its the same and that the person who shot the first pic did nothing wrong

Originally posted by nutz

First of all, you friends are in a PUBLIC places, hence there isn't much of privacy to talk about.

Chapter 338,
Meaning of obscene
3. For the purposes of this Act, a publication is obscene if its effect or (where the publication comprises 2 or more distinct parts or items) the effect of any one of its parts or items is, if taken as a whole, such as to tend to deprave and corrupt persons who are likely, having regard to all relevant circumstances, to read, see or hear the matter contained or embodied in it.

Secondly, as the pictures are of fully clothed persons, it cannot be categorised as obscene publication or material which might be offending in any way. Plus, there is no CRIMINAL forces involved in the process of the phototaking. Nor any purpose intention to conceal the camera. Hence, if you wanna take this to court, i'm afraid there isn't really much of a case.

In dealing with such matters, it should be more of civil reasoning than legal actions. You should approach the persons involved there and then and sort things out.

Imagine if they were really taken to court. They could argue that they were snapping pictures of the place and these women just happens to walk by. It's a situation impossible to define on the lines of legality.

well said.

Originally posted by nutz

Chapter 338,
Meaning of obscene

* togu clap clap clap

Personally, I will take out my MRT card, walk up, give a smile, and asked what are they shooting. If it ends up to be nasty, I will approached help from the floor manager.

and
12341742.jpg

the first one says
"Error: Unable to perform query: kill 133964 :Unknown thread id: 133964 "

the second one is a picture of a woman.

and
12341742.jpg

wah...difference a lot siah...

@flinchy

i think u can try to knockdown the sggirls or the photoforum liao...:D

Originally posted by togu

* togu clap clap clap

Personally, I will take out my MRT card, walk up, give a smile, and asked what are they shooting. If it ends up to be nasty, I will approached help from the floor manager.

good advice. flinchy should heed togu.

Originally posted by togu

* togu clap clap clap

that would be the best way to handle the situation

the first one says

ur browser got problem then

the first one says

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by kindred