is the Nikon D7000 acceptable to be a pro DSLR?

Irvine said:
this is quite an important feature for sports photographers though, but i dun tink it's that important for journalists and event photographers.

exactly my thoughts, that's y I ask that question. Even 14 bit lossless compression gives you a 10 pic buffer, unless u are taking at lower shutter speed (1/150 or slower) where you can never hit 6 frames per second no matter what camera u use, I don't see why does the buffer be inadequate for photojournalists or event photographers

Last edited:
depends on what you are shooting? i think D7000 is great. I only use a D90 and clients still accept the images.

No, I don't consider a D7000 as a pro DSLR. Is that what you want to hear? :p

In fact as my dream working camera is a large format/medium format + digital back, I don't consider much of anything below that as pro-pro. So even my D700 is just as it is, a semi-pro workhorse. I admit being a bit of a gear head for LF/MF, but I also put into consideration the equipment I've been exposed to before, the quality I know exists and the genre of photography I'm into.

Put what you're using the tool for into context. If the results are satisfactory, does it matter what the tool is? Why do people upgrade then if everyone says it's the photographer not the camera? Frankly, once you've full confidence in your photography skills, it doesn't matter so much what camera you've been handed. It's only when you're unsure, that you need convincing of. Enjoy photography first & foremost.

exactly my thoughts, that's y I ask that question. Even 14 bit lossless compression gives you a 10 pic buffer, unless u are taking at lower shutter speed (1/150 or slower) where you can never hit 6 frames per second no matter what camera u use, I don't see why does the buffer be inadequate for photojournalists or event photographers

yeah i do agree with u. furthermore, the flash can't even keep up as well with the 6fps burst rate too when flash is definitely required in that situation :bsmilie:

a larger buffer can be useful if u r using memory sticks with slower writing speeds than the best memory sticks can offer. however, if one can afford the camera, i dun see why he/she will be stingy in forking out money on gd memory sticks for important assignments

Last edited:
Hi all, after reading all these great contributions, my next question will be, does the SD card class 4, 6 and 10 really make a difference esp for burst mode? esp on the CLH?