Is it time to sell my D200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be good consumers do all newbies have to start from ground zero?

I got a senior whose first car was a Porche, and subsequently a Ferrari and the family wanted to get another Ferrari to console him from flunking a higher exam.

Definitely way pass his driving skills, and doesn't make him a better driver.

But to be a good consumer he has to start from a second hand Kancil?

Why be bothered with what people buy. The comparison is endless.

You might find more comfort in doing better than what they have.
Like Takumi for example :bsmilie:

Ryan

Nowadays, whenever a TS started a similar topic, it will get response like "what is wrong with it that you wanna upgrade?" or "what it can't delivered that u wanted?" and the worst reply is " it the man behind the camera".

In the techonlogy age, anything can be found on the google. The TS merely just wants an affirmation to justify their new purchase. And he or she knows very well what he wanted and what the new equipment can do. Equipment is like a tool, although pro equipment does not make one a better photographer, but it still have some improvement impact on the end results.

There is no rule stating that amatuer cannot use pro equipment or a professional must use pro equipment. It all boiled down to their spending power. If they can afford it and made them more confident and keep their photography passion alive, I see no point of being a sour grape and discourage them from pursuing what they want.

After all, without them, B&S will not be bustling with activities. They are the saviour for those who cannot afford to get the equipment brand new. And offer a good discount for those who are itching for an upgrade opprtunities.

It is a free market. And I have seen students with more spending power than normal working adults. They are indirectly boosting our economy. Without all these buy buy buy and sell sell sell, recession will come sooner than later.

So my humble conclusion is, continue to Buy Buy Buy :thumbsup:

Nowadays, whenever a TS started a similar topic, it will get response like "what is wrong with it that you wanna upgrade?" or "what it can't delivered that u wanted?" and the worst reply is " it the man behind the camera".

In the techonlogy age, anything can be found on the google. The TS merely just wants an affirmation to justify their new purchase. And he or she knows very well what he wanted and what the new equipment can do. Equipment is like a tool, although pro equipment does not make one a better photographer, but it still have some improvement impact on the end results.

There is no rule stating that amatuer cannot use pro equipment or a professional must use pro equipment. It all boiled down to their spending power. If they can afford it and made them more confident and keep their photography passion alive, I see no point of being a sour grape and discourage them from pursuing what they want.

After all, without them, B&S will not be bustling with activities. They are the saviour for those who cannot afford to get the equipment brand new. And offer a good discount for those who are itching for an upgrade opprtunities.

It is a free market. And I have seen students with more spending power than normal working adults. They are indirectly boosting our economy. Without all these buy buy buy and sell sell sell, recession will come sooner than later.

even the worst photographer will need a good camera. D200 is a good camera. if i stuck big sweep. one of the first things that i will buy is D3 and full set of the new zoom lens.

if TS sill feels that he needs D300 and not just envy and his skills can make full use of the new tech or his field of photography requires, then buy. is good for the buy and sell section when there are more good stuff floating around. :devil:

To each his own. Is like why some people prefer to get Rolex instead of Swatch, both can tell time right?

If I have the extra cash, why not? As long as your happy with your equipments and go out happily shooting, just go for it!

i think you should give it to some one to needs it more.

So true!:thumbsup:Otherwise some of us lesser mortals would never be able to get the camera we need at the price we can afford!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.