Is emotion behaviour logical ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there is a lot of play that one can do with words ;)

the confusion here seems to be between logical, rational and predictable. in hindsight, most emotions can be logically explained to a certain degree. this is what all psychoanalysis is all about. it 'tries' to explain our emotions and behaviour. however, this does not mean that emotions are predictable. this is because there are just too many variables that result in our emotions. now if we were to programme a robot in a very complex way by including many sensors and variables, we might end up not being able to predict the behaviour of the robot. and then someone might call it an emotional robot! :D

but surely your friend doesnt think that we can logically predict all emotions :eek:

kashi

if it is
then a lot of people cannot escape gallows and claim temporary insanity when they murdered someone.

ricohflex said:
if it is
then a lot of people cannot escape gallows and claim temporary insanity when they murdered someone.

ttz y lawyers hav 2 prove beyond doubt ttz it can influence/impair (mostly in a negative way:devil: ) judgement, 2 wad degree, etc.

Emotions play a role in situations that result in undesired internal states and cognitive streams to the individual feeling them, which s/he may wish to control but often cannot, or at least produce consequences or thoughts which s/he may later regret or disagree with but during the emotional state, could not control with his/her other principles.

How does your friend code "Happiness" , "Sad" , "Sexual feelings" etc?

I am sure in under certain condition, smart AI is able to predict the outcomes of certain emotions , but never the feelings of emotions.

Moreover, logic is limited by human's definition of senses. Emotion , by large are irrational and sometimes cannot be explained. If it is not, I can see many more "happy faces" in this society.

Status
Not open for further replies.