iPhone OS 4 is out!!

wywysimba

Mar 17, 2009
SG
Just updated the latest iOS4 early this morning...
Still exploring the new features, the multitasking is good and does not seems to cause any sluggishness (yet) with a few apps running in the background. So far, have only noted one bug with an app called 'Spending", but guess it should be fixed in the next version update.

Upgraded the OS since 1AM. Not much of a different from its predecessor though some features like wallpaper etc really makes it nice. ;)

Upgraded the OS since 1AM. Not much of a different from its predecessor though some features like wallpaper etc really makes it nice. ;)

Quite true. The most useful features (to me, at least) would be the multi-tasking and the consolidated inbox for multiple email accts. The rests are probably just cosmetic improvements.

at last have sms char count.. mail threading, multitasking, create playlist, and of course folders is useful. now my iphone looks less cluttered. :p

at last have sms char count.. mail threading, multitasking, create playlist, and of course folders is useful. now my iphone looks less cluttered. :p

:bsmilie: The SMS character count seems that useless to me. :devil:

:bsmilie: The SMS character count seems that useless to me. :devil:

cuz someone has unlimited sms :sticktong

Anyone has any recommendation for application that supports multi-tasking in this new iOS 4?

Is OS 4 suppose to look like this?

iphone-os-4-theme.png

After updating my Iphone 3G, the background is the same as before - black. Normal?

iphone-os-4-theme.png

After updating my Iphone 3G, the background is the same as before - black. Normal?

Go to Settings -> Wallpaper and you should be able to see the display picture (wallpaper) when your phone is locked and when its in normal mode.

go check the version in our phone, but mine is the same as the image u posted.

iphone-os-4-theme.png

You cannot change the background on iPhone 3G or iPod touch 2G. There are several other things you cannot do, such as multitasking applications.

Pity the first generation users who cannot upgrade at all.

Airplane model

all the while I thought it is for xmm models who have late night weekend drinking session and are sure that they would be missing their morning CS photoshoot session and this flying airplane mode will help them in answering all their morning frantic in-phone calls from their organizers :dunno:

Just realised that in the multitasking bar you can use it to kill apps which you do not want them to run in the background. Just have to press and hold the apps in the multitasking bar and then you will see the red minus sign.

Just realised that in the multitasking bar you can use it to kill apps which you do not want them to run in the background. Just have to press and hold the apps in the multitasking bar and then you will see the red minus sign.

if you're running multitasking application on IOS4, does it have any effect to the battery? I've not upgraded mine to try this ..