iPhone OS 4 is out!!

Just uploaded, haven't try out the new features.

You cannot change the background on iPhone 3G or iPod touch 2G. There are several other things you cannot do, such as multitasking applications.

Pity the first generation users who cannot upgrade at all.

No wonder.. I was thinking of restoring the OS, until I came back and see this.

Thanks for clearing my doubt!!!

Just realised that in the multitasking bar you can use it to kill apps which you do not want them to run in the background. Just have to press and hold the apps in the multitasking bar and then you will see the red minus sign.

hm... Interesting.... anyway can I dun run multitasking.. else i have to go multi task bar to kill all the apps. :(

if you're running multitasking application on IOS4, does it have any effect to the battery? I've not upgraded mine to try this ..

I suspect got effect to the battery because my iPhone did become warmer before I know I can kill the apps. Then after I killed some apps, the battery life seem to be more stable and drop less. Will monitor for sometime.

just press the home button when you are done? just like b4

Sad to say this is not the case. If i go into "Photos" app close Photos app by home button, its still inside Multi task bar. Really have to go in Multi task bar to end one by one. hm.... Wonder is there something I miss. :embrass:

Facebook app, when running in the background, does not give any notification when there is a new message. Guess apps must be re-coded to benefit from the new multi-tasking capability. Waiting for update to the Facebook app...

Facebook app, when running in the background, does not give any notification when there is a new message. Guess apps must be re-coded to benefit from the new multi-tasking capability. Waiting for update to the Facebook app...

Hello wywyshimba,

Multitasking needs to be coded in by the developer into the application.
Which means not all application can .. multitask..

This video explains all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Wz1nxOz6Q

Nope unless you jailbreak and use some third party hack to disable the multitasking.

Thank you John Teoh, I can rest my mind now on the multitask.
I do think this might be a flaw because every apps you open it will go into multitask bar. :(

Hello wywyshimba,

Multitasking needs to be coded in by the developer into the application.
Which means not all application can .. multitask..

This video explains all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Wz1nxOz6Q

Thanks for the youtube link.
Hope there will soon be apps' updates that enable true multi-tasking.
As for now, the multi-tasking bar is more like a list of "recently-used applications".

Last edited:
No jailbreak for os 4 yet...

25104_352696259115_653919115_3521733_8305350_n.jpg

option to put 6 icon on the bar below.:thumbsup:

on apple's iphone page

"Multitasking is available with apps that have been developed to work with iOS 4."

err.. that has to be something new..

The old airplane mode blocks ALL incoming calls..

Airplane mode

when you made an appointment and you want to fly aeroplane, switch to airplane mode and all calls from the selected number will be ignored

ehh..i thought the airplane mode is there all the while??

Last edited:
Just an info, if it matters to you. :)

For those who installed the iOS4, check if your photos in the photo albums (except those taken with iPhone) have become low resolution or pixelated.

Happens to mine and my friend's iPhone 3Gs.

But a simple re-sync of photo albums in iTunes solve it all. :)

And it's common.

Blurry photos after sync with computer after updating to iOS4

Just an info, if it matters to you. :)

For those who installed the iOS4, check if your photos in the photo albums (except those taken with iPhone) have become low resolution or pixelated.

Happens to mine and my friend's iPhone 3Gs.

But a simple re-sync of photo albums in iTunes solve it all. :)

And it's common.

Blurry photos after sync with computer after updating to iOS4

Hmm.. i don't have this problem. All photo albums were re-sync'ed automatically during the OS update.
I'm done playing with the new features, now back to reading e-books ;)
by the way, still prefer Stanza more than the new iBooks app.

Hmm.. i don't have this problem. All photo albums were re-sync'ed automatically during the OS update.

Hmm, i also dunno leh. Based on the link, seems like some have this issue.

Anyway, nothing to worry if it is so. Just a re-sync will do. :)