iPad

The ipad is really a hit or miss with each individual.

As kohweeloon has pointed out, it is very useful as a news/magazine app. I mostly use it for magazine browsing which on the ipad is great due to its vivid screen. Not to mention, I also load in my photog portfolio in it to show it to others when necessary.

I do sit down at starbucks to have a nice coffee and read my e-magazines while waiting for friends and definitely not to attract attention etc haha

Haha vivid screen, if Samsung ever releases something like an iPad with their AMOLED screen, your iPad will look ugly ;p

New MSD directive released last Friday, no electronic device including smartphone with a monitor or screen larger than 4.3 inch is to be brought into military installations even if they has no external or removable data storage device and USB port . ;p

Last edited:
New MSD directive released last Friday, no electronic device including smartphone with a monitor or screen larger than 4.3 inch is to be brought into military installations even if they has no external or removable data storage device and USB port . ;p

I think our Man In Green needs to rethink its current policies on phones and smart devices. Talk abt being 3G army .....

The ipad is really a hit or miss with each individual.

As kohweeloon has pointed out, it is very useful as a news/magazine app. I mostly use it for magazine browsing which on the ipad is great due to its vivid screen. Not to mention, I also load in my photog portfolio in it to show it to others when necessary.

I do sit down at starbucks to have a nice coffee and read my e-magazines while waiting for friends and definitely not to attract attention etc haha

:thumbsup: Agree

For me I m using it purely as a book reader cum organiser, its definitely much easier to read on ipad than iphone. So far so gd , serves my purpose.

Congratulations!! My problem is still not being able to buy Apps and probable e-books too just because of the silly iTunes store policy. So either they change their policy or I may have to move to Kindle and/or Blackberry. Have fun.

since you are in China, you might want to register an account in iTune china.

Haha vivid screen, if Samsung ever releases something like an iPad with their AMOLED screen, your iPad will look ugly ;p

whatever Samsung releases will look ugly if the iPad is upgraded to Retina Display :bsmilie:

Last edited:
The only people I've seen use it so far are the despreately single at Starbucks City Hall doing nothing but opening and closing apps, seeing if any girl is checking them out because of the iPad (they were not).

:bsmilie:

It seems to me that the iPad is Apple's "netbook"?

I'd say so. I was ready to buy a netbook until I tried one and the experience wasn't so good. I can't say that I'd give up a typical computer for either a netbook or an iPad. Neither will do it alone.

Having tried an iPad last Thursday, I want to see how it progresses. I'll probably decide to buy the third generation WiFi-only model. It is very well designed and easy to use but the size is a bit big to just pull out and use in public. If the original rumoured-size of 7 inches happens with equal resolution display (and it's still a rumour), that would be much more portable.

I'd say so. I was ready to buy a netbook until I tried one and the experience wasn't so good. I can't say that I'd give up a typical computer for either a netbook or an iPad. Neither will do it alone.

Having tried an iPad last Thursday, I want to see how it progresses. I'll probably decide to buy the third generation WiFi-only model. It is very well designed and easy to use but the size is a bit big to just pull out and use in public. If the original rumoured-size of 7 inches happens with equal resolution display (and it's still a rumour), that would be much more portable.

At 7inches.. I would rather then still to my HD2 phone. I think the ipad is sized just right.

The ipad looks good but has its limitation. The big draw back is the price. It's overprice for such a device.

However, I am getting disappointed with their iTunes store, my account is in Singapore and I am working as an expat in China, now I cannot buy Apps neither can I get any updates unless only when I return to Singapore. For an international high technology company, such policy is really stupid and is unbecoming of Apple.

i have no problems connecting to my SG store account and updating apps even when i'm overseas...? if you're logged on to your china store account, u cannot update apps that are exclusive to SG store.

I love the iPad. Besides being a great sales/marketing tool, I don't see the need to carry around my bulky laptop when I out. In fact I sold it off since my main usage for it is mail, internet, music, videos, preparing invoice and a little bit of games. Most of the stuff I need are on the cloud. I also stopped buying my favourite magazines because the iPad version looks much better and more interactive.

It definitely won't replace the laptop for most people who needs it but since my main workstation (Mac Pro) isn't really mobile, I figured the iPad is a good alternative for other things which doesn't require a full operating system.

The price, well what can I say, let your pockets do the talking. Cheers!

Played with the iPad last weekend and I love it!

Although I have a list of reasons why I would prefer an Android Tablet.

According to Apple, a netbook is a cheap laptop, an iPad is something between a Laptop and a Phone!

Played with the iPad last weekend and I love it!

Although I have a list of reasons why I would prefer an Android Tablet.

According to Apple, a netbook is a cheap laptop, an iPad is something between a Laptop and a Phone!

But costs more than a laptop (the highest end one)?

It definitely won't replace the laptop for most people who needs it but since my main workstation (Mac Pro) isn't really mobile, I figured the iPad is a good alternative for other things which doesn't require a full operating system.

The price, well what can I say, let your pockets do the talking. Cheers!

There are certain laptops that weigh almost as light as the ipad and as slim and small and comes with a ..... KEYBOARD.

so you can actually can post on forums on the go :)

and it probably can run photoshop...

There are certain laptops that weigh almost as light as the ipad and as slim and small and comes with a ..... KEYBOARD.

so you can actually can post on forums on the go :)

and it probably can run photoshop...
I can live with the iPad's keyboard but I can't live with Windows. Plus i wouldn't want to run Photoshop when I m on the go.

Anyway care to share the models of those laptops you mentioned? Would like to recommend to some of my friends who aren't into iPads.

At 7inches.. I would rather then still to my HD2 phone. I think the ipad is sized just right.

Your phone is too big, also. ;) This whole thing of "bigger is better" just doesn't work for me. Put a high resolution display in a small device, please. When they have a 7 inch, 1280x768 display in an iPad, I'll be more likely to want it.

The ipad looks good but has its limitation. The big draw back is the price. It's overprice for such a device.

What other devices are available that work so well? The only thing I've seen that is similar is a remote control that's over US$1000 and it doesn't do anything else but be a remote control.

I'm hoping that HP gives their slate device a WebOS makeover and sends it to market to push Apple to improve. Android tablets should be interesting, though crude for a while.

I'd buy it if it's running on OSX. Since it's not, I won't even give it a second look.:thumbsd:

2gwcc4g3.jpg