Indoor photography without external flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbyman

Feb 13, 2004
Hi all,

I am using a olympus 5050 camera.

Was asked by a friend to do some photo shooting for their small gathering in a restaurant.

I don't have an external flash.

So what any good advice to take indoor photos?

Cheers.

Pretty easy. Just shoot at widest angle which is 36mm and at ISO 400 at f1.8 wide open. Don't even think of zooming in. Set to aperture priority mode and can be handheld.

Used to own a 5050, forget about ISO 400 and above
Your camera has a F1.8 lens
use ISO 200, use a tripod to avoid camera shake
and use the slow flash mode to shoot.

wah.. got f.18 ah.. power lei.. I think if the resturant is not dimly lit like those romantic romantic ones should be able to use the 1.8 very well..

Best is those chiense resturants which are forever very brightly lit..hahah

use ISO 100, M mode, f1.8 , 1/30sec and internal flash ON should able to capture decent group shots

Well i used to own one too... Set it to Aperture priority (F1.8) and preferably use a tripod would be sufficient. The noise(sound) generated from the lens focussing was kinda scary at first. Hehe. Cheers!

Normal restaurants should be bright enought to take pictures especially chinese restaurants. :bsmilie:

that camera should be fast enough, just watch out for colour cast. some restaurant have those tungsten light which makes all ur photo looks orange.

~MooEy~

MooEy said:
that camera should be fast enough, just watch out for colour cast. some restaurant have those tungsten light which makes all ur photo looks orange.

~MooEy~

Set to tungsten WB lor. :D I think sometimes bo bian, must buy a cheap $40 autothyristor flash so that you can bounce (the C5050 has hotshoe) or shoot without flash. Direct flash really makes table group photos look funny as the table usually is quite white and reflective and so the foreground looks all washed out.

MooEy said:

~MooEy~

The oly 5050Z auto WB is actually quite good, sometimes the orange glow from tungsten light warms up the image and gives it a cozy feel.

thanks for the tips guys. . .it will come in handy .. :thumbsup: .
just don't want to screw up the photos for my friend .. .thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.