www.estherfu.blogspot.com
I must be feeling brave.... to post

To my dear friends..

3667152055_cbaf8ab0d7.jpg

3667152747_27817f684b.jpg

3667956562_9f5130ced8_b.jpg

3667154043_2bfc110302.jpg

3667154971_ba83864b0d.jpg

Thanks for viewing. C&Cs will be well received.

esther

Nice sunrise shoot. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

looks like your long shutter is happening.. :thumbsup:

# 3 is lovely, I like the inclusion of the fellas on the left, breaks the monotony of an otherwise usual sunrise :thumbsup:

lkkang can give u tips on how to bring out the stars for the #1 shot.

There is a certain poetrical potential in the #5 shot but i am pretty clueless how to bring it out. Vines and birds remind me of long flowey chinese paintings :bsmilie:

Ryan

Nice photos.
#3 is esp good, the inclusion of the snappers adds an element of unusual interest to an otherwise typical scene.

How did you manage the brightness of the direct sun in #3? Stacked GND filters?

# 3 is lovely, I like the inclusion of the fellas on the left, breaks the monotony of an otherwise usual sunrise :thumbsup:

lkkang can give u tips on how to bring out the stars for the #1 shot.

There is a certain poetrical potential in the #5 shot but i am pretty clueless how to bring it out. Vines and birds remind me of long flowey chinese paintings :bsmilie:

Ryan

Thanks Ryan.

There were 3 other photog that morning and they were in front....erh that's why they were included. I'm sure some one else will be negative about them being there (in the pic).

Not going to ask lk about shooting stars...yet....let me finish my struggle with sunrise/sunset first...Saw RyanG's star trails - >100 frames of 30sec! I don't think I can handle that...

It's quite interesting...In Sydney when I was there end April, there were seagulls at the beach in the early morning. Here we have pigeons...and they behave about the same way gathering at the beach and flying around.

Is it time for you to start painting again?? ;)

esther

Beautiful, awesome shot:thumbsup:http://www.flickr.com/photos/alextkm

Thanks Alex.

Your Henderson Bridge sunset shots were beautiful. Another "to do" on my list!

#3 is gorgeous! kudos to you.

Thanks Velasco.

Nice photos.
#3 is esp good, the inclusion of the snappers adds an element of unusual interest to an otherwise typical scene.

How did you manage the brightness of the direct sun in #3? Stacked GND filters?

Dear pinholecam,

Glad you liked the snappers too.

Yup it was taken with GND, I think one if I'm not wrong.
The colour becomes very "violet" when I stacked 2.... :sweat:
hm...I am very new to GNDs. They are almost brand new.:bsmilie:

esther

3667152055_cbaf8ab0d7.jpg

3667152747_27817f684b.jpg

3667956562_9f5130ced8_b.jpg

Gets my vote and would love if you could move closer to the beach....

Well done!

Hi Esther, I too like the bif shot, with some clonning and cropping it could look better. I played around with the image and if you like to see it I ll post it here with your permission. :)

Hi Esther, I too like the bif shot, with some clonning and cropping it could look better. I played around with the image and if you like to see it I ll post it here with your permission. :)

Dear pat33

Sure, be my guest... please post

Firstly I'm IT half-blind:cool:. Managed to post with lots of help from fellow CSs (my si fus).

Every time when I photoshop, I am never certained that the product is better than the original...and along the way i get more and more 'mad' :confused: ...sometimes I erase and re-do from fresh again.....:rolleyes:

Thanking you in advance for sharing.

esther

PS: how's zee toilets doing??

Dear pat33

Sure, be my guest... please post

Firstly I'm IT half-blind:cool:. Managed to post with lots of help from fellow CSs (my si fus).

Every time when I photoshop, I am never certained that the product is better than the original...and along the way i get more and more 'mad' :confused: ...sometimes I erase and re-do from fresh again.....:rolleyes:

Thanking you in advance for sharing.

esther

PS: how's zee toilets doing??

Here's my humble attempt.

3673864610_442b589eed_o.jpg

I did the following
clone off the 4th bird, some of the messy roots, rubbish on water
did a square crop
adjusted levels to bring out the leaves and lighten the birds
removed the blues from the water to give it a more neutral look.
The image probably can still be cleaned up a bit more with cloning work.

You can't be more IT challenged than me .. so if I can pick it up slowly you should have no problem.

eh .. the toilets ran out of steam. I haven't had time to work on some of the images to post.

hi Esther,

Great work! u need to learn a bit of photoshop to enrich the colors and sharpening and you will be fantastic.

Keep shooting and sharing.

ek

Here's my humble attempt.

3673864610_442b589eed_o.jpg

Wah, good job....which saloon did you sent it to, trimming the hair and with complete makeover??:bsmilie:

You can't be more IT challenged than me ..

erh...let's challenge to see who's more (IT) challenged?

eh .. the toilets ran out of steam. I haven't had time to work on some of the images to post.

I am sure there will be enough ppl like me putting "toilet" in the to shoot list after the thread..;)

Thanks again for the photoshop tutorial. :)

esther

hi Esther,

Great work! u need to learn a bit of photoshop to enrich the colors and sharpening and you will be fantastic.

Keep shooting and sharing.

ek

Thanks ek.

Very laborious to pp and post:confused:....but I'll continue to try.:sweatsm:

...hm...but first I need to focus on taking better pictures.:sweat:.....yes, for the Nepal trip!!

esther

Status
Not open for further replies.