Imagine L’Eau d’Issey Photography Competition Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
reachme2003 said:
which one? is it the one with splash of perfume with the reflection of the bottle in it? the concept of reflection were used quite extensively.
the one located in the middle platform, with blue-green background and few drops of water. I really like its simplicity.

Agila said:
speaking of the consolation prizes.. is it possible to get a "for Men's" 125ml L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme? I may assume that those who got 2 entries selected got 2 bottles also?

Mocha, please ask the organizer about this... :bsmilie: Thank you so much :D

wah!! u so greedy!! u must be one of those who has 2 pics up right? ;p

nightpiper said:
wah!! u so greedy!! u must be one of those who has 2 pics up right? ;p
LOL! I think many of us got 2 entries selected.... :)

Agila said:
the one located in the middle platform, with blue-green background and few drops of water. I really like its simplicity.

the bottle in the 11 'o clock position tilt with cap down against blue b/g. yes, simplicity.

I think there are couple of shots with butterflies which I find it quite interesting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
reachme2003 said:
the bottle in the 11 'o clock position tilt with cap down against blue b/g. yes, simplicity.

I like that shot too, (i.e. the blue gackground with water droplets bottle reflection).. it's so striking.. i wonder how he/she shot it... i also like the mood of the photo displayed beside it, i.e. the one with sort of rain splatters(?).. great seeing all those photos up there.. by the way, how to vote for favorite photo?

Mocha said:
Hi hptay,

I saw the pic you described, but the name tag for the pic is Felimon. I think u may want to make a trip down soon to ensure the tags are correct. :)

Agila, could u ask Felimon if his pic has been tagged wrongly with hptay's? I know their pics are displayed back to back.

I know there's another such case where back-to-back photos are tagged wrongly. :)

Hi mocha, thanks again for the warning.

Will be going down to have a look today. The one with the rain splashes, white background and flower on the left is supposed to be titled "Spring Rain". The other set with green leafy background is "secret garden"

btw, if tag wrongly, who do we approach. Is the ograniser there? or should we email/call Jingwen?

;p

hptay said:
Hi mocha, thanks again for the warning.

Will be going down to have a look today. The one with the rain splashes, white background and flower on the left is supposed to be titled "Spring Rain". The other set with green leafy background is "secret garden"

btw, if tag wrongly, who do we approach. Is the ograniser there? or should we email/call Jingwen?

;p

call jing wen. she is there too or at least yesterday she was. if u call her, can check & see if she has corrected my name? can also ask her is it possible to hang one of my pic right side up (titled 'Reflection')? :sweat:

my name is on page 3 of this thread no.19 on the name list.

thx. :)

can anyone PM me Jingwen's number? seem to have lost her contact.

congrats to all the finalists :thumbsup: good work!!!

there are a lot of exceptional photos exhibited there... i also like the "Reflection" entry. so cool clean shot. i think no need to post it upside-down, it already looks good.

just wondered some photos were cropped, including mine. :( got a reply from the organizer saying that due to last minute changes in size of poster,
it was now changed to A1 size instead of A2 (w/c we were informed in the contest rules) thus there was some resizing done.

i just hope they would even try to inform us of this changes as it really affected a lot on the final print-outs.

btw, there were also some names/title tags that were placed wrongly or may have been switched. to the finalists, you just try to check your entries in there carefully, there might have been some errors so you can tell it right away to the organizers. it might affect the voting. i was told voting was done by those who purchased the Issey Miyake products, they were given forms for the selection.

i have Luxasia no. 6280 9559.

Was over at the exhibition at lunch and I must say the quality of work is outstanding - I would have a hard time trying to vote.

Will check with Jing Wen if its okay for the pictures to be posted here.

Agila said:
how do u vote darren? do we need to buy their products first?

why asking? buy buy Issey miyake products lah! :sticktong :bsmilie:

my pix is number 20 titled as 'Spring' vote! vote! vote! :bsmilie:

Was there this evenning. Impressive, innovative, cute - the enteries were all of that and more.

Well done to every who submitted in the final round. Grin what tickles my curosity bump are the enteries not shown. Wonder if all 50 finalist submitted.

Will go down for longer look on sigh either Good Friday or Sunday.... have assignment on Sat.

Sion - catch an astral trip over - it'll be worth your while. Eye candy galore.

I went down yesterday and was very impressed. :bigeyes: The pics are a mixture of styles ranging from colourful, creative, technical to simplicity. It will be a tight fight. And it will also depend on who the voters are and the placing/position of the photos. Lots of water & flower shots, one of my favourite is the crystal like stream of "frozen" water. The other is the pinkist water reflection of the bottle with a red flower. ;)

when there yesterday to see, notice 3 good shots, some shots can't even see the correct colour of the bottle cap (i mean dark in colour) :)

Hi guys,

I have just received an email from Jingwen, I thought I'll paste her entire email here instead of rephrasing her words. (I hope she don't mind ). ;)

"The exhibition is over and I must say it was a fun experience and the
works were great.
Please help thanks all those that have submitted and congrats to those
that were chosen.
At the same time, really sorry for the last min resizing and the wrong
tagging of names for the first 2 days. Please do understand that it was
a rather major event for Issey Miyake and planning and coordinating of
the whole thingy were mainly done by 2 people thus some mistakes were
made along the way.

Anyway, hope it was fun for all of you all as well.

Please let them know that we are still tabulating the results and should
be out next week.

And yup...2 entries equals to 2 bottles of L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme ;p

Cheers
Jingwen"

I think Jingwen and the organisers (Luxasia, CS) has been generous, friendly and as accommodating as they can towards us. I hope u guys have fun and gained some experience along the way (I did). Let's thank the organisers and hope we have more of such competition in the near future.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.