Image Thread for FZ200 superzoom

here's more from Singapore Airshow 2014
Part 3

P1040063.JPG

P10404891.JPG

P10405881.JPG

Travelling with my FZ200 to Malacca; here are some photos taken with the "hand-held night scene" mode. In my opinion, the photos look acceptable, with some minor tweaks in LR4, for web viewing. It's great you can take night shots with this camera without having to lug a tripod around.

1. Seafood at Alai

12784152015_325c0ac6d8_b.jpg

2. Local fishermen's boats berthed for the night at Alai

12784261703_d58d0f2c56_b.jpg

5. The waterwheel along Malacca River which has been thoroughly cleaned up. Across the river bank is Casa del Rio hotel.

12784266723_d9337ef6d3_b.jpg

You're welcome, Clunk54. You should pay Malacca another visit when you are next in Singapore. A lot has changed - in fact every year when I visit.

You're welcome, Clunk54. You should pay Malacca another visit when you are next in Singapore. A lot has changed - in fact every year when I visit.

We are thinking of Port Dickson this year for a few days. Or maybe Viet Nam this time to Hanoi, I would like to ride a motor bike from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi, but wife may not be agreeable.:(

Playing about with effects

Kaleidoscope effect

And just to let you know I do not have a drinking problem.... I have a distilling problem, I need empty bottles when I brew up a mash for distilling. In Aust you can distill spirits but you cannot sell without a licence. I won the still in a raffle (2nd prize), it was raffled off as a water purifier because it was a Sporting organisation running the raffle and they did not want to be seen as promoting alcohol. I am sorry to say the young guy who gave me all the empties probably doesn't have a liver anymore.

Last edited:
I like the second image very much. Mind sharing how you achieved that effect?

Hi hope107, I was using Corel Paint Shop and one of the effects is called Kaleidascope which gives the swirl effect you can manipulate the number of panels to get different effects. I will do another in a few minutes.

Like I said I was just playing around. The results you can get are endless, just don't ask me to do the same thing twice.