Im a GWC - Preying on Young Men =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody-Love

Nov 22, 2007
Singapore East
www.estherxie.sg
Im Girl With Camera!
Yeap, im the kind of photographer that know peanuts about the technological terms of photography and just shoot trial&error by playing around with the many buttons on a dslr.

For all my previous photoshoots, i had shot pretty young ladies, but this time for a change, it's a male!

He's 17 this year, not a model and have no experience before this photoshoot.

C&C :)

1. Start Of Shoot:
3117874052_d725358d7e_o.jpg

2. End of Shoot:
3117874084_32745581d7_o.jpg

:thumbsup: Good skills, good 40D ^^

he has a very nice jawline and lips.
oh darn, why am i looking at guys???

:eek:

i prefer one and two then the last 2. :D i would only recommend a better set, the trees behind dont seem befitting :D

Good try ...

nice to have some Gals WC to shoot all the XYD (Xiao Yen Dao) here...

soon you'll get to invite them to hotel room for shoot , but dont worry, i think guys below 16 are still ok..... but plse dont give interview to the TNP:sweat::sweat::sweat:

:thumbsup: Good skills, good 40D ^^
Hee.. Thanks!

he has a very nice jawline and lips.
oh darn, why am i looking at guys???

:eek:

i prefer one and two then the last 2. :D i would only recommend a better set, the trees behind dont seem befitting :D

LOL. I like the last picture cos dont look like singapore =x

Good try ...

nice to have some Gals WC to shoot all the XYD (Xiao Yen Dao) here...

soon you'll get to invite them to hotel room for shoot , but dont worry, i think guys below 16 are still ok..... but plse dont give interview to the TNP:sweat:

Hahaha, they interviewed me before mah - about being a shoot organiser.

1st photo, is that his specs?
Does not seem to fit.

YM predator on the loose... :thumbsup:

wow i love the 4th look like advertisment..nice look stylish

I dont know why i can't multiquote on firefox :(

sohwayne
YM predator on the loose...

Reply: What's YM? Haha.

grumpy
1st photo, is that his specs?
Does not seem to fit.

Reply: yeap his own spects~

Del_CtrlnoAlt
he should just forget about wearing specs, dun fit him... his complexion not bad thou... almost flawless...

Reply: Maybe i should tell him to get contact lens :D I prefer him without spects too. A whole lot of difference.

I like the title and i like the way you are doing it, shooting XDD.

Model is photogenic and has potential. All pics are nice and have great potential.

watch his specs on #1. i like #4 Best. liek TCS evil actor haha

sis, YM refer to young men... haha

pardon me for saying this but i think the shades like not for men one leh :sweat:

Another good effort by the Girl With Camera.. hehe.. :thumbsup::D

I also learn from trial and error, as long as you develop some systematic approach to achieve the basic image quality consistently, you dont really have to bother a lot about the technical and jargons.. :bsmilie:

Some advises on little minor areas:

1) I like the clean look of the first pic, very natural expression. But 上半段 is 书生look (the hanging specs) and 下半段 is 浪子look (the way he wear his tie) so the feel is a bit 尴尬 in my opinion..

2) I like the cropping! but color temp a bit too "hot", my personal preference will be to lower the saturation a bit, especially the yellow channel..

3) & 4) I tot the framing and cropping a bit half hearted.. I prefer cropping of #2 than #3, 要crop就要狠狠地切下去, otherwise try to leave a bit more allowance so that you can decide on how to frame the pic during processing..

watch his specs on #1. i like #4 Best. liek TCS evil actor haha

Haha, he's still young and innocent, not evil.

sis, YM refer to young men... haha

oh~~ Heh =P

pardon me for saying this but i think the shades like not for men one leh :sweat:

I dont know leh, he bought it afew days before the shoot..

Another good effort by the Girl With Camera.. hehe.. :thumbsup::D

I also learn from trial and error, as long as you develop some systematic approach to achieve the basic image quality consistently, you dont really have to bother a lot about the technical and jargons.. :bsmilie:

Some advises on little minor areas:

1) I like the clean look of the first pic, very natural expression. But 上半段 is 书生look (the hanging specs) and 下半段 is 浪子look (the way he wear his tie) so the feel is a bit 尴尬 in my opinion..

2) I like the cropping! but color temp a bit too "hot", my personal preference will be to lower the saturation a bit, especially the yellow channel..

3) & 4) I tot the framing and cropping a bit half hearted.. I prefer cropping of #2 than #3, 要crop就要狠狠地切下去, otherwise try to leave a bit more allowance so that you can decide on how to frame the pic during processing..

Thanks for the comments! For the 2nd picture, i liked that the lighting was very harsh, because it blown off all the flaws of the boy, and made the colours richer.

Hope i'll improve more and more after each photoshoot!

this one has good strength in his expression. I like the lighting too, it'll work well as a black and white

Heh, i caught him frowning because of the harsh sunlight that day and i told him to continue with that expression for afew more snaps because i found it goodlooking =x

Status
Not open for further replies.