If You Don'T Own A Leica You Are Not A photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
oeyvind said:
so you meant there's less than 15 photographer is the world lah huh?

wah! so few in circulation only? :sweat:

anyway, i've learnt that holding a big lens sometimes makes me a clown. no link to Clown ah... :D

what are high class elderly gentlemen doing with Leica's in a kopitiam instead of a posh restaurant, anyway? :dunno:

:bsmilie:

sehsuan said:
wah! so few in circulation only? :sweat:

anyway, i've learnt that holding a big lens sometimes makes me a clown. no link to Clown ah... :D

what are high class elderly gentlemen doing with Leica's in a kopitiam instead of a posh restaurant, anyway? :dunno:

Maybe they become poor cause they buy leica..... :D

it's not the camera but the man behind it!

In the F1 races, yr won't win even you drive 'LEI CAR', it's the driver count :p

Stereobox said:
contributing to an old thread ;-p

"if you don't love one another, you are not HUMAN!"

LOL! anyway, its funny to see people getting worked up over a comment somebody OVERHEARD, and taken out of context. right or wrong, true or false, the old foggy is entitled to his own personal view. if you choose to believe him, too bad. it could just be that he was exaggerating. sometimes we make comments like that when we are over-zealous over something. "if you haven't seen this movie, you haven't seen anything yet!"

Well, a simple statement has caused quite a stir hasn't it? For the record,I'm not a leica user. But i fully agree with Stereobox that we shouldn't take this too seriously.

FujiS2 said:
it's not the camera but the man behind it!

In the F1 races, yr won't win even you drive 'LEI CAR', it's the driver count :p

yep, Michael Schmacher(sp?) would have won 3 years in a roll even if he drove a TIBs bus in the circuit.

1Ds said:
Yesterday I was at a coffee stall near TCW.There were a group of so call photographer (age +,- 60).Than one of them said to one of a younger gay (35 +,-).If You Don'T Own A Leica You Are Not A photographer.

Nice to know that there are some old fools around. Hey I'm 42 and the only Leica I own is an old IIIf or IIIg that my dad gave me. Still works but I still prefer to use my Olympus OM1N or my el-cheapo Olympus C-150.

Also, I would like to know how many Leica owners really use their cameras often enough to justifu the purchase - probably less than half.

If I could afford a leica I would buy it but I would use it. So afford here means to treat it as a camera and not some jewellery item.

To Leica owners who use their cameras - keep clicking.

1Ds said:
Yesterday I was at a coffee stall near TCW.There were a group of so call photographer (age +,- 60).Than one of them said to one of a younger gay (35 +,-).If You Don'T Own A Leica You Are Not A photographer.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

wah.....a simple 'coffee shop talk' between ah peks and and 'gay' hahaha can generate so much talk in clubsnap!!!!!!

geeezzzzzz........i better watch my back next time when i talk in a coffee shop!!!!!!! to see if there are any clubsnappers taking down notes..... :sweat:

swimcraze said:
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

wah.....a simple 'coffee shop talk' between ah peks and and 'gay' hahaha can generate so much talk in clubsnap!!!!!!

geeezzzzzz........i better watch my back next time when i talk in a coffee shop!!!!!!! to see if there are any clubsnappers taking down notes..... :sweat:

lol
i own a leica... but its not an SLR, and I don't consider myself a photographer.

noobie snapper more like :embrass:

some pple want to be proud of their equipment, they are so old already, just let them feel 'happy' a bit ma.

Cash said:
yep, Michael Schmacher(sp?) would have won 3 years in a roll even if he drove a TIBs bus in the circuit.

nah... f1 cars are so finely tuned that just a *slightly* inferior car can cost him the championship.

a f1 car can give a porsche a 3/4 lap headstart and still overtake it at the finishing line, assuming both are driven by drivers of equal skill. tibs bus? dun even try....

if ansel adam is still alive now hor, he would say, if you don't shoot at f/64, u are not a landscape photographer.

to me hor, leica or not doesn't matter that much, just got enuff zoom to frame wat u wan can liao. if got extra money then get faster lens to blow out unwanted background.

i started off with a crappy cosina made fm10 + 35-70 lens, oso happily shooting. just moved up to something slighty better now, dun think i will ever get a leica, dun like point and shoot :x

~MooEy~

What happens if I use a pin-hole camera, what does that make me? ;p

oh well, perhaps those ah pehs actually only own leica point and shoots but since the red dot is still there, oh well.. haha

Hi

Can someone give me some opinion on Minolta Dynax7 digital, Canon EOS300D and Nikon D70. I had read their review. I just want to know how other people think.

Thank You

Hi,

I am really shocked to see that such a small remark by the Ah Lau would draw much flame against Leica. :dunno:
To me, using which system is just a matter of personal choice. Why bother what other ppl comments about. :think:
Isn't it better if I change the topic to 'If you don't take good pictures, you are not a photographer'? ;p

Hi

and to set this thread in perspective, the prices of today's pro level film SLRs and digital SLRs (even the prosumer DSLR) are higher than that of a decent, recent Leica M body.

the reason why Leicas illicit so much negative perception is that it is expensive (true), and considered somewhat of a niche (true - how many pple can use manual gear nowadays? probably not much).

However, today's generation is spending far more money on the latest digital technology and buying impediments and features that aren't really useful, or even absolutely necessary, for the art and science of making a picture :)

And these people are buying and selling and buying and selling, keeping ahead of the technological curve, which makes the "one camera for life" Leica M users look somewhat like fools, though it is debatable who are the real fools in this game :devil:

Cheesecake said:
to answer ur little inquest...

it is the mentality of some people, that expensive and branded means it is the best, although it might not be the case here in terms of quality and such... (think a cheap Seagull6X6 TLR, it is Medium Format afterall)

yes, it is a personal choice as to which camera system one adopts and uses.

and due to the mentality of these people, these expensive and super-branded camera system users are equal to 'top-notch photographers'. simply because they own the most expensive system and not because they take breath-taking or thought-provoking photographs.

there are top-notch photographers using much 'lesser' equipments and there are some using top of the range too. and of course, there are alot of us who are using top of the range camera equipments with none of the flair or creativeness and the shallow mentality of owning the best equate to the best award winning photographs...

Yes, I agree with your point! :thumbsup:

Red Dawn said:
Hi

and to set this thread in perspective, the prices of today's pro level film SLRs and digital SLRs (even the prosumer DSLR) are higher than that of a decent, recent Leica M body.

the reason why Leicas illicit so much negative perception is that it is expensive (true), and considered somewhat of a niche (true - how many pple can use manual gear nowadays? probably not much).

However, today's generation is spending far more money on the latest digital technology and buying impediments and features that aren't really useful, or even absolutely necessary, for the art and science of making a picture :)

And these people are buying and selling and buying and selling, keeping ahead of the technological curve, which makes the "one camera for life" Leica M users look somewhat like fools, though it is debatable who are the real fools in this game :devil:

RD, I'm sure you've heard of Leica users who eventually get free usage of their equipment...thanks to E-Bay :devil:

Just buy and sell, they have everything to gain, frankly :D

Wonder I can say the same about digi-cams :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.