If You Don'T Own A Leica You Are Not A photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Ds

Jan 4, 2003
Visit site
Yesterday I was at a coffee stall near TCW.There were a group of so call photographer (age +,- 60).Than one of them said to one of a younger gay (35 +,-).If You Don'T Own A Leica You Are Not A photographer.

Well, fact is a fact. :D

All photographers own a leica.
Hence, in deduction, no leica = just hobbist.

Then i guess we got to be in our 60's to be a photographer!i wonder if those gentlemen got the same words when they are young?or maybe they own a leica when they are born?!i would say,compare the pics,not the cam.so wat if my pics is a bit soft?as long as it can tell a story,the composition is good,i am very happy.leica or not,i still shoot weddings,models or street scenes.they all can sell.follow your heart.know wat you want to do!you wanna spend time at coffee shop talk leica or you want to shoot with leica?

Yes totally agreed with you

To me,a leica is a luxury to own.but "IT'S" not an essential.
FOLLOW YOUR HEART. ;)

Bwahahahahahahaha! Yet another typical comment from a Leica fanatic. Trying to justify the $25,000 he's spent on Leicas maybe.

My cheap plastic Canon body and lens sure gets me some great shots.

OH NO NO NO NO NO!

if you dun own the Canon 1200mm lens, then you are not a photographer. :D

yah, those Leica old men know where they can stick their "lai-cars"...i thot wisdom comes with age....so presumptious of me....

You are not a rich man unless you own an Aston Martin ?

I thinked when we get older, most concern is the weight of the SLR. We would subsitute it with something compact.

Cheers. :cool:

true leica users (not collectors) dun make such comments. Just ask them (the so called leica photog) what work have they done with their leicas perhaps u might just get a good laugh? stop wasting time thinking one should get a better camera ie a leica, a D1 or S3 pro, JUST SHOOT IT. No amount of quality lens can save a poor shot done with lack of knowledge of techniques and their equipment. My bet is these are old-folks-collectors having kopi chat. Poor 35+. All the wrong reasons getting a leica started from these influence.

What is this thing about a leica??? Wat is so great about it??

Status
Not open for further replies.