If You Don'T Own A Leica You Are Not A photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
listen to Sriram, this is who u should hear from, people who use a tool (be it Leica or not) to do photography will offer u the right insight. Not ai-peh at the kopi shop.

Originally posted by mylau
OH NO NO NO NO NO!

if you dun own the Canon 1200mm lens, then you are not a photographer. :D

:what:

this thing costs a cool S$200k!

For the new beginner,they will be pai car(break their leg).Ha Ha.been shooting since 1995,never thought of buying a paica.maybe if struck toto or 4D then i will get................................minolta G lens.

i think that guy is just being a jackass.

haha... so maybe he got ripped off buying a leica. lol... so that's why if you don't own one (and get ripped off) you're not a photographer ;p

screw it, i'm sticking to my PnS cams for now lol!

Originally posted by ckiang
Aiya, this one standard one, we all know. Must post those tongue-in-cheek, nonsensical types! ;p

Like "You are not a programmer if you can't code in machine language".

Regards
CK

oh no... i should be out of a job soon if my boss ever reads this thread. :confused:

Originally posted by greg
no he didn't since he did landscape, what best to shoot this? LF maybe. Maybe u can ask another question, did Marc Riboud shoot with a leica, he's a street guy. perhaps the answer might shed some light? what about HCB? he does lost of portraits. bottomline, use the right equipment and be happy with your shots created by it.

.....a 'blad, assorted LF cameras...........

another one I heard from a photoclub member, this one is a young chap.

"hey, how come all the prize winners all using japanese camaras? What happened to the Leicas? Or did they spend all their time admiring their cameras they forgot to take pictures? "

:D

It's unfortunate that there are some folks that just give other Leica users a bad name. I am a Leica user myself in my thirties and there are times when I am wary about using it in a group as it warrants the wrong type of "attention" and the red dot stands out like a bleeping beacon. Even if the lens sticking out of the leica body is a cheap russian Jupiter lens. Everybody just wants to see if this is just another poser or show off.

However, if I am using a Bessa with a Leica lens then nobody gives so much a second glance. Yep, I agree it's a sad mentality to associate ability to a camera.

A leica is a fine tool but nonetheless still a tool.

But then again, perhaps when I'm an old foggy at 60s, I may just be telling the youngsters that if they never handled an A40, they are not a hobbist..

Originally posted by denizenx
let's try the other extreme:
If You Own a LomO, yOu Are NoT a PhOtOgraPhER. :D

this one more extreme

If You Dun shOot wiTh 35mm Film, yOu Are Not a PhOtOgraPher.
:D

LEICA HYPE no difference from LOMO or HOLGA.

By the way I was a Leica CLE user. I sold it away because it was not practical for my application and the lenses are grossly overpriced for quality not exceedingly better than a budget Voigtlander.

"If u dun own a Leica , u are not a photographer."

Can we also make a statement of " If u dun own a Rolls Royce, u are not a driver" ???

Come on man, Michael Schumacher does not own a Rolls Royce, is he a driver or not ???

"If u dun own a Leica , u are not a photographer."

fine then... im not a photographer... empty talk, lets see his portfolio instead

LOL

those ah peks shouldn't be in the Kopi shop in the first place. I can't even step out of my stupid studio for a break sometimes...

oh anyone interested to become a 'pro' ? My studio hiring. I'm quitting.

I'm more of a d.o.p than a photographer anyways. so I don't own a leica. But I did enlarge and custom print my own, don't have time to process my negs and don't have a DSLR ... ;p so I guess that makes me a ... person who got the job by not being 60 and talking at a kopi thiam ?

hope I'm not as elitist when I'm 60.

Ultimately it is not about the equipment or the paper/digital o/p but the photo and its effect on your viewers...

another reason I'm quitting.

1Ds said:
Yesterday I was at a coffee stall near TCW.There were a group of so call photographer (age +,- 60).Than one of them said to one of a younger gay (35 +,-).If You Don'T Own A Leica You Are Not A photographer.

load of crap.

Or.. more recently, with the advent of techonology

"If you don't chimp, you're not a photographer!"

HAHAH =x

Are you sure that all these Ah Lau still have good eye-sights to use Leicas??
Those Ah Lau normally only talk **** only but never had I even seen any pics taken by them.
I seen what they (Ah Lau) takes...they called it 'Leica Test Photos' and shoot really lousy pictures but they insisted that they only test out lens only (lens test)....bloody bull-****!
Those Ah Lau really spoilt the name of Leica lo.. :cry:

1Ds said:
Yesterday I was at a coffee stall near TCW.There were a group of so call photographer (age +,- 60).Than one of them said to one of a younger gay (35 +,-).If You Don'T Own A Leica You Are Not A photographer.

in this age and time, i guess more and more people have this mindset about Digital Photography as opposed to 'traditional' films/slides...

thus, the ah peks and rich veterans should be discussing...

if u don't own a DSLR, u're not a photographer!

another terrible notion and mindset of a different kind but nevertheless focusing and targetting on equipments or lack-of.

Status
Not open for further replies.