If you can only bring 1 lens out for Street-Shooting, what will it be?

If you can only bring 1 lens out for Street Shooing, what will it be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Summilux 35 Aspherical ?

I'm always with my Sigma 30 f1.4

Its got to be the 35 Summicron for me :)

I am a wide angle dude now. 28 is the main stay, but if I want a fast lens, it will be the 40 Nokton. It is a superb lens and grossly underrated. It is tact sharp and superb rendering of bokeh.

I am a wide angle dude now. 28 is the main stay, but if I want a fast lens, it will be the 40 Nokton. It is a superb lens and grossly underrated. It is tact sharp and superb rendering of bokeh.

Is there a LIKE to this post. :)

Yah nowadays abit interested in 28mm but i am pok gai liao, cannot afford anymore lens

28 or wider for me ..... not because i can crop ... i hate cropping

but for me its because

- i usually like to work up close
- i prefer having environmental elements work with the subject matter within the overall structure of an image
- i have a bit of tendency for near-far perspectives
- just personal preference that as much of everything is in focus which is a whole lot easier with wider lenses
- i occassionally suffer from vertigo when looking too long into a longer focal length > 50mm

Contrary to popular opinion, for me, I find space management of an image more difficult when one shoots with wider lenses . You really do need to think and move alot more while trying to execute with a wider lens

Artspraken says it very well ..... you get plenty of average to nice images with a 28mm lens and alot more keepers with a 50mm ...... because there's less chance of distracting elements showing up when using the latter

I love the 50mm's for portraits wide open but cant use a 90mm for nuts

well anyway...... shooting with different focal lengths is like talking differently

Last edited:
28 or wider for me ..... not because i can crop ... i hate cropping

but for me its because

- i usually like to work up close
- i prefer having environmental elements work with the subject matter within the overall structure of an image
- i have a bit of tendency for near-far perspectives
- just personal preference that as much of everything is in focus which is a whole lot easier with wider lenses
- i occassionally suffer from vertigo when looking too long into a longer focal length > 50mm

Contrary to popular opinion, for me, I find space management of an image more difficult when one shoots with wider lenses . You really do need to think and move alot more while trying to execute with a wider lens

Artspraken says it very well ..... you get plenty of average to nice images with a 28mm lens and alot more keepers with a 50mm ...... because there's less chance of distracting elements showing up when using the latter

I love the 50mm's for portraits wide open but cant use a 90mm for nuts

well anyway...... shooting with different focal lengths is like talking differently

I agree with this a bit...... I guess for me within the next 12-18 months I want to add the 24mm 1.4 Lux and the 75mm f2 Cron... that will do me forever.
I love shooting at 24 and getting in within 2m of my subjects ;)

I sometimes dream of owning a WATE...it would be quite fun

I use 50mm on my D7k and 45mm on my GF3. A bit too zoomed in for most people but I like it because it allows me to be really discreet and most people continue doing whatever they're doing because they don't know that I'm there.

Admittedly my favorite shots are those where the subject is looking right at me but I like to record what is happening and when the subject stops and looks at me it disrupts that. I admit though that the 45mm on the GF3 (90mm equiv) is a little too zoomed in but there doesn't seem to be anything that's 75mm equivalent for m4/3.

35 cron

During the day, 35 lux and in the evening/night, 50 Noct.

50 lux asph or 50 'cron collapsible or 50 elmar collapsible.

All slightly different looks, all equally special. Though my favourite is the most modern of the three.

When I shot on SLRs, my preferred was 35mm. Now it's 50mm. Can't shoot wider than that unless it's a landscape with a 28/21.

I personally feel that wide-angle shots are more dynamic and of course exaggerate things. But if you don't get in close enough, it most often makes for sloppy composition. Again personal opinion. And since my comfort zone is around the 3m and up mark, the 50mm is perfect!

Elmarit 28mm with Tri-X loaded with my M6 TTL (0.58)